Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-14-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default CBSsportsline throws out Kirilinko - Odom swap

Most interesting among the rumors heard Wednesday while chasing down the Kidd particulars was the one that involves the Lakers perhaps having one more move up their sleeve. It seems that despite his steady play, L.A. might have a desire for a more conventional small forward, dangling Lamar Odom in the process. Although Odom is having a terrific impact playing alongside Gasol, a source told CBSSports.com that another move could be in the works. Completely throwing it out there, but it would be interesting if the Jazz would set aside the stigma of dealing with a conference rival if it meant trading Andrei Kirilenko and saving on paying a couple of extra years of his large salary.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10639860/2
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: CBSsportsline throws out Kirilinko - Odom swap

haha yeah sure they are... two teams in a heated battle in the same conference, as they are headed down the home stretch are not even gonna think along those lines little lone pick up the phones...

add that ak's contract is huge compared to odoms and that wouldn't serve the lakers well in the long run...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha yeah sure they are... two teams in a heated battle in the same conference, as they are headed down the home stretch are not even gonna think along those lines little lone pick up the phones...

add that ak's contract is huge compared to odoms and that wouldn't serve the lakers well in the long run...

Normally I'd agree with you 100%, but with all the crazy deals going down, I only agree with you 98%
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Lakers13
Reload Time

Im sure after man handling Pau from the Grizz the Western Conference wont be dealing with the Lakers anytime soon, especially a heated playoff contestant and a rival. For that fact, I dont know if alot of Eastern Conference teams would wanna trade with us either....
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Kappy
Local High School Star

Ummmmm, .... It's interesting, but I don't think it's going to happen!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Really guys, lets stop with the trades. We are not going to deal!! We made a big deal already and we are playing well.....Why WHy would we make another big deal?? These trade LO threads are getting old and quick. These "rumors" willnot go down
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Really guys, lets stop with the trades. We are not going to deal!! We made a big deal already and we are playing well.....Why WHy would we make another big deal?? These trade LO threads are getting old and quick. These "rumors" willnot go down

I agree that we as Laker fans need to calm down and quit throwing out trade scenarios (especially those involving LO) , .... But it's really hard to ignore and not respond to trade rumors that are being reported or talked about on sports news networks. (such as this rumor).
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
cbags3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wow i really hope this doesnt happen. having lived in utah the past 3 years i've watched a.k. a lot and the only thing he would bring us on a nightly basis is probably more effort. but lately lamar has stepped up and is playing a lot better as a 3rd option. i say we just let this season play out and build our chemistry and see what happens.
cbags3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
SCV42
Buck Foston

The Laker gunship is wounded. We are playing very well. Once we get Ariza and Bynum back, we will be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice with all of our weapons.

If it aint broke, don't freakin' fix it!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: