Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

Default Any trade involving Bynum will require multiple teams

Any trade involving Bynum will likely involve several teams. Why?

Because there is virtually no single player in the league that is worth a) Bynum (2M) and Lamar(13M) or b) Bynum and Kwame (9M exp) AND also matches salaries.

Bynum's real value is for teams that are rebuilding. It is trades involving rebuilding teams that the Laklers can get maximum value from trading Bynum.

Any ideas for multi team deals that involve at least one rebuilding team?
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Default Re: Any trade involving Bynum will require multiple teams

Why does everyone want to trade Bynum? This season was pretty much his rookie season(Didn't play much in his first season). He is only 19 years old guys. Bynum may be the next Great Laker. In fact he is our only healthy center at the moment. I am asure of you that he will be dominant in his later years.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Why does everyone want to trade Bynum? This season was pretty much his rookie season(Didn't play much in his first season). He is only 19 years old guys. Bynum may be the next Great Laker. In fact he is our only healthy center at the moment. I am asure of you that he will be dominant in his later years.

They want him gone, because of that failed Kidd deal! That's the only real reason. They are frustrated and wants to bring in some one now. And feel the only way is to trade Bynum, and keep Odom!

I don't think Bynum is going to be amazing or any thing and no not trying to compare to Kobe. Just feel he will be a true center for years to come. Some thing like a combination of Mihm and Brown, but all in one player!
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
They want him gone, because of that failed Kidd deal! That's the only real reason. They are frustrated and wants to bring in some one now. And feel the only way is to trade Bynum, and keep Odom!

I don't think Bynum is going to be amazing or any thing and no not trying to compare to Kobe. Just feel he will be a true center for years to come. Some thing like a combination of Mihm and Brown, but all in one player!

ahh, I remember that Jason Kidd trade rumor, Jason Kidd is still a amazing player at his age, but his age also shows that he can most likely get injured. He did play a solid season though. But I rather not see Jason Kidd get injured on the Lakers and sit most of the games out. I think we should still keep Bynum.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
ahh, I remember that Jason Kidd trade rumor, Jason Kidd is still a amazing player at his age, but his age also shows that he can most likely get injured. He did play a solid season though. But I rather not see Jason Kidd get injured on the Lakers and sit most of the games out. I think we should still keep Bynum.

If VC decides to leave the Nets! I believe we have a good shot of trading for Kidd with out including Bynum! The Nets will be more desperate to make a trade. Brown expiring contract is a big plus Cook is a throw in, like last time. If they can accept VRad that be cool, but we do have draft picks that we can send. Sad to say Farmar could be a deal breaker. But sad thing is we don't have Mckies and Mihm expiring contract to add in the trade. But I'm also hoping we would get a shot of trading for Kidd alone. And no other contracts.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

Kidd has played more games than any other Laker (except perhaps Kobe) over the last few years... dude is rock solid and takes care of his body. I think he's got two to three good years left.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I had a thought.

If Boston was to get the #1 pick and draft Oden, Then we should keep Bynum so the celtic laker rivalry can be revived and 2 good centers going at it.

Even then, I just realized how important for us it is to have a good center.

The truth is....This might sound harsh, but I'm a loyal laker fan. Any decision they make is what they feel is right and as a true fan, we should move on and hope for the best for any decision. No matter what the cost is!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

For the Record - My post was not an endorsement to trade Bynum - only that for any real trade to make sense for the Lakers it would have to include multiple teams and multiple players. Because any trade involing Bynum would likely require either Kwame's expiring contract or LO tot match salaries. And that's just too much to give up for nearly any single player.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #9
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

I want to trade Bynum because....

A. He plays with no passion, no sense of purpose. Understanding he is ONLY 19 years old, but he doesn't play with that chip on his shoulder. He should be playing to dominate every game (even if he does get beat). I've seen too many times he's screwed up and just shrugged his shoulders like "oh well". That pisses me off. Even though I'm not that great, I still will go all out on a basketball court because that's what I love to do. I have passion and a desire to win, which he does not. I can understand Kobe's frustration with him.

B. SOME GM's are putting more value in the height and potential of Bynum and that gives L.A. the leverage to pull off a good trade. I'm not saying he alone could merit a return of J.O. or Gasol, but he could return a good, solid player to help L.O. and Kobe.

C. He gave up on Phil because he wasn't getting minutes. If he would have been patient (i.e. Farmar), he would have been rewarded. Phil LOVES Farmar for that. Farmar knew he was better than Smush, but trusted the coaches and he was rewarded in the playoffs. He'll work hard for them this year. Back to Bynum - anyone who is PAID to play basketball should NEVER EVER conflict with the coaches (my personal belief).

D. Poor work ethic. That's all we heard during the season. That's immaturity at its best - minimum work for maximum pay. If he's to stick around, he must show better work ethic and get into the gym. If he wants to be a cornerstone of this organization, he must prove to Kobe he is willing to do what it takes on and off the court to win. If you remember, that was Kobe's beef with Shaq. Kobe is a gym rat, Bynum SHOULD be one too.

I could go on and on, but these are the main bullet points for trading Bynum now. I could care less about the Kidd trade, if you recall any of my posts around that time, I was very much against the Kidd trade for Bynum. I still to this day believe that the trade was too much for a 34 year old point guard with some injury concerns. He didn't work out in the triangle in Dallas and he wouldn't work out in the triangle in L.A. But that was my feelings.

Netdoc
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
I want to trade Bynum because....

A. He plays with no passion, no sense of purpose. Understanding he is ONLY 19 years old, but he doesn't play with that chip on his shoulder. He should be playing to dominate every game (even if he does get beat). I've seen too many times he's screwed up and just shrugged his shoulders like "oh well". That pisses me off. Even though I'm not that great, I still will go all out on a basketball court because that's what I love to do. I have passion and a desire to win, which he does not. I can understand Kobe's frustration with him.

B. SOME GM's are putting more value in the height and potential of Bynum and that gives L.A. the leverage to pull off a good trade. I'm not saying he alone could merit a return of J.O. or Gasol, but he could return a good, solid player to help L.O. and Kobe.

C. He gave up on Phil because he wasn't getting minutes. If he would have been patient (i.e. Farmar), he would have been rewarded. Phil LOVES Farmar for that. Farmar knew he was better than Smush, but trusted the coaches and he was rewarded in the playoffs. He'll work hard for them this year. Back to Bynum - anyone who is PAID to play basketball should NEVER EVER conflict with the coaches (my personal belief).

D. Poor work ethic. That's all we heard during the season. That's immaturity at its best - minimum work for maximum pay. If he's to stick around, he must show better work ethic and get into the gym. If he wants to be a cornerstone of this organization, he must prove to Kobe he is willing to do what it takes on and off the court to win. If you remember, that was Kobe's beef with Shaq. Kobe is a gym rat, Bynum SHOULD be one too.

I could go on and on, but these are the main bullet points for trading Bynum now. I could care less about the Kidd trade, if you recall any of my posts around that time, I was very much against the Kidd trade for Bynum. I still to this day believe that the trade was too much for a 34 year old point guard with some injury concerns. He didn't work out in the triangle in Dallas and he wouldn't work out in the triangle in L.A. But that was my feelings.

Netdoc

Dude, if those are your reasons for not liking Bynum, how can you call him a trade asset? Basically, you are saying he's not a high caliber trade option. If that is your assessment, what makes you think other GM's would not know that? Perhaps you should re-assess your points, unless you think he's truly worthless on the open market.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #11
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:

Look at what Walsh said about Bynum being the "next Kareem". Did you watch any of the games this year? How often did you see that "who cares" look on Bynum's face? How many times did you hear Bynum's work ethic in question?

My points are valid. GM's tend to overvalue on "potential" and height. Could Bynum develop into a stud? Maybe. He MUST improve his work habits and attitude towards the game. Play with fire.

He alone will not merit a great player. He'll have to be packaged with something of value as well (expiring contract + draft pick) in order to return something. I'm not high on him at all. Don't see anything to change my mind, yet.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
SoCalMike

Quote:
Look at what Walsh said about Bynum being the "next Kareem". Did you watch any of the games this year? How often did you see that "who cares" look on Bynum's face? How many times did you hear Bynum's work ethic in question?

My points are valid. GM's tend to overvalue on "potential" and height. Could Bynum develop into a stud? Maybe. He MUST improve his work habits and attitude towards the game. Play with fire.

He alone will not merit a great player. He'll have to be packaged with something of value as well (expiring contract + draft pick) in order to return something. I'm not high on him at all. Don't see anything to change my mind, yet.

I don't think I have seen enough of Bynum behind the scenes to be able to judge his work ethic or effort... only Laker management and team members can do that.

I personally would not profess to know what trade value Bynum has... only other GM's can do that.

I don't think anyone has a crystal ball to know what he will or wont do during his career and I do think it is too early to tell for sure. There are no absolutes despite your points above.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:

The look I see on Bynum's face, in my opinion, was not "who cares", but rather a look of self disappointment..."I made another stupid foul, aarrrgghhh".
As for people questioning his work ethic, I think that may be the pundits...who don't know squat. Kareem said he is a very hard worker, eager to learn. That's good enuf for me.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
The look I see on Bynum's face, in my opinion, was not "who cares", but rather a look of self disappointment..."I made another stupid foul, aarrrgghhh".
As for people questioning his work ethic, I think that may be the pundits...who don't know squat. Kareem said he is a very hard worker, eager to learn. That's good enuf for me.
i heard the same on the radio one afternoon when they interviewed kareem, kareem said the kid had plenty of talent it's just a matter of him getting into a rythmn of NBA life... that he was a little out of sync with all the travel, games and practices... which is not unnormal for anyplayer coming stright from high scool where your longest road trip is a 3 hour drive away
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: