Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Should Heat keep Mike Miller? Will he ever be pretty good again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Well, they're decent role players. The problem for Cleveland was that they had to be the 2nd and 3rd best players.

Varejao would be great for just about any contender though. Miami might have won it all with him last year.
    I think you could argue they would of won it all with any decent 5 man to be honest.

Which is why Riley wants that center this summer.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    \
    Chalmers will be solid IMO. I think he grew a lot during the playoffs. Where's Bosh BTW?
    I started off with a starting 5 and the guys they would have coming off the bench. So I was cutting and pasting and must have missed it.

Its not that I don't think he will make the rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Well, they're decent role players. The problem for Cleveland was that they had to be the 2nd and 3rd best players.

Varejao would be great for just about any contender though. Miami might have won it all with him last year.
    they both sucked in the playoffs.

Mo Williams and Varejoa could win a title while playing heavy minutes by playing next to Dwight in Orlando or Dirk in Dallas and thats basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    They need to sign him to a long term deal.

[Heat]Just wait til Miller and Haslem get back, its title time![/morons]
    Yet the Heat played much better when they were healthier.

Meanwhile Lakers fans all season 'just wait til we turn up a gear in the playoffs!'

GTFO

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    I appreciate the link. I don't think he knows exactly what he is talking about though since he says the Bulls would go after Mike Miller and that they might get Nene. Yeah right. It sounds like the CBA changed A LOT. After reading the article, I think its a worse idea now. It would only open up ~2M in salary and allow Mia to offer Dalembert 5M rather than 3M. I say if Dalembert wants to play for Mia let him play for 3M. Paying Miller 29M to save 2M this year is crazy to me. Dalembert has 50 family members that live in the area. If he wants to come and win a title let him win it for 3M. Then they can sign anyone they want for the minimum so if GHill or TMac are game to play limited minutes great.

I actually REALLY like Norris Cole and think he might be their starting PG (over Chalmers) by midseason.

That would make the rotation:

Chalmers/Cole
    Wade
    LeBron
    Bosh
    Miller
    Haslem
    Dalembert
    TMac/GHill
    Anthony

That would be really nasty.

Doesn't look like they are going to do it. It wouldn't make sense at all:

[I]If they were so inclined, they could use the new amnesty clause to part with someone like Miller and get his $5.4 million off the cap books for this coming season, but those familiar with Miami

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Varejao got that contract because of his energy and hustle play, especially on the defensive end and on the boards, not because Lebron turned him into a 18/10 player or something. In fact, all of his numbers went up after Lebron left. He had less than 1 more shot per game, and averaged 0.5 more points, but also 2 more rebounds per game. That's what happens when you don't have a stat-padder on your team snatching rebounds out of your hands. And he would had better numbers had he not gotten injured.

Mo had already averaged 17.3 and 17.2 in his last two years in Milwaukee. He averaged 17.8 (wow, what an increase!!) in his first year in Cleveland, then went down to 15.8 in his second year. Yeah, Lebron really helped him become a better player.
    you still don't realise it is Kobe who is known for not passing the ball not Lebron or Wade

idiot troll

Mike is as good as he's been. He just can't stay healthy. He gets banged up every 3rd practice.

Miller to Nets for trade exception and cap space.
    Or to the Hawks for a trade exception (from Josh Childress trade).

Heat then do a sign and trade for Dalembert.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You're stupidity amazes me more every day. Mike Miller IS a spot-up shooter, he wasn't "turned into one". Mo Williams was shit before LBJ, and is shit w/o him. There's one player.
    Actually before he got to Cleveland he was putting the same or slightly better stats in Milwaukee for two years.

After LeBron left he sucked in Cleveland, then when he went to the Clippers his play picked up because he wasn't so depressed.

Dumblebert sucks, Miller is good when healthy. If he is healthy he will stay. Unless they need to buy him out to sign a centre with low post skills. Who doesnt exist at Miami price.
    So I imagine team will be the same with Cole taking Bibby's minutes.
    66 games isnt much time to fiddle with team too much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

obviously with the configured agreement , it's in the best interest to keep him.
    But I've got something to say about Miller ...
    Time after time he camped out at the two or three ,and wasn't moving at all.
    When I saw that last season , it very much looked like a player NOT comfortable playing with the big three.

Coach S. has to start getting him rotating more on 'off ball rotations' so that it confuses the defense , and opens up more shot selections for Wade and Lebron , as well as Miller sliding off defenders.

If you don't follow - think of Miller acting more like a decoy , and creating offense for his teammates as well as him self.

I still think on the defensive side his is average at best , and Coach S. needs to find the correct mix for him.
    Under rated rebounder , which pretty much shows he plays more like a stretch 3 than a 2.
    --------------
    Any trade partner with the Heat - Heat will always be on the short end of any deal now.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    66 games isnt much time to fiddle with team too much.
    '

Think of the typical trade deadline .... of all teams (Heat are veteran enough - to fiddle with 15-25 minute men)
    Last edited by Jasper; 11-28-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper

Think of the typical trade deadline .... of all teams (Heat are veteran enough - to fiddle with 15-25 minute men)
    Given chemistry issues already last year to bring in another starter or 2 it wouldnt be favourable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Given chemistry issues already last year to bring in another starter or 2 it wouldnt be favourable.
    They are projected to bring in Dalem'bert. (he would I suspect start over Anthony)
    Last edited by Jasper; 11-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Or that Wade is the leader. It's Wade's team. So, LeBron loses some points for that ring he will get. Wade will get all the credit.

LeBron can't win, even if he does win.
    Sad but true. That's the unfair criticism you take when playing alongside another elite who is at worst equal to you.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Pretty much.

Every team in the league would want this is guy on their team, regardless who the "leader" is. Whoever denies that or brings up exactly what you said is lying to themseleves.

The Heat come 2 wins aways from winning a title, yet he will never win? Right...
    hi im. I'm Charles barkley and I came within two wins from winning a title.

Hi, we're john Stockton and Karl Malone and we also came within two wins for a title.