Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: The State of Kobe

By Ramona Shelburne on July 6

Quote:
We had a chance to catch up with Kobe Bryant today as he did a media session at the start of his annual basketball camp at LMU. Unlike some superstar athletes, Kobe actually teaches at his own camp and genuinely seems to enjoy it. ``I wouldn't do it if I couldn't be here myself,'' he said.

Of course catching up with him at his camp also provided us to get his thoughts on some of the recent player personnel moves the Lakers have made. You know, that Ron Artest thing...

Asked whether the Artest signing makes the Lakers a better team, Bryant said:

``I think it makes us a different team. It's tough to say whether we'll be a better team or not. We haven't won a championship with that unit yet. Trevor brought his style to us, which was very effective obviously. And Ron will bring his style to us. We'll just be a different team. Every year we adapt and we adjust. I'm sad to see Trevor go, because everybody knows that he's like my brother. He still is. ''

Kobe then confirmed the now infamous shower scene story, and noted that, ``This is something we've both been trying to make happen for a while.''

``I've known him for a long long time,'' Kobe said. ``It's one of those things, and he'll tell you this story too... After we lost to the Celtics, he came in the locker room, and I was in there, just by myself. And he just came in the locker room and said, `This is not going to happen to you again. I'm going to come there and I'm going to help you out. He wound up being in Houston, then the next year took us to Game 7. But he's here now.''

That said, the way it went down has been hotly debated in recent days. This columnist loved the move, thinking the Lakers showed a lot of guts, and will be rewarded with another round of champagne glory next June.

Others felt like the Lakers walked away from Trevor Ariza a bit too quickly.

Bryant said he was fine with how the business end played out, but noted he didn't have any official input on the situation.

more here
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: The State of Kobe

^ thanks for the news, rep'd :P
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Much respect to the kobester for personally tutoring the kids who attend his camp.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Everytime I read about the shower story I bust out laughing.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

what is the shower scene? i couldn't find it anywhere. does it have tities? ( jk lol i've been at 4chan for too long)
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Nice article gts...Kobe and Ron together at last.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Nice article gts...Kobe and Ron together at last.

lol congrats. You've been one of the biggest hopefuls of that move for a long time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap
what is the shower scene? i couldn't find it anywhere. does it have tities? ( jk lol i've been at 4chan for too long)
4chan makes your brain smaller. :p

Seriously, that has got to be one of the worst sites i've ever seen. The posters there make insidehoopers seem conservative.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: