Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Kings Waive Shakur, Sign Beno

I thought Shakur will be a Kings for the long term but today he was wavied.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings_...fa_shakur.html

The Kings sign Beno Udrih who was waived by the T-Wolves.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings_...eno_udrih.html
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kings Waive Shakur, Sign Beno

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I thought Shakur will be a Kings for the long term but today he was wavied.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings_...fa_shakur.html

The Kings sign Beno Udrih who was waived by the T-Wolves.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings_...eno_udrih.html
Great...a player waved by the WOLVES is signed. What a fvkin waist the Moore signing was. The team could have used the MLE on Boykins instead of having another overpaid PF who isn't able to play up to past performances.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Kings Waive Shakur, Sign Beno

There are 82 games, one has been played, let's give this person a chance. How would you like to be judged on your job with just one day on your new job?

Deborah
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
There are 82 games, one has been played, let's give this person a chance. How would you like to be judged on your job with just one day on your new job?

Deborah
It isn't just one day on the job, it's all of preseason. I've watched what Moore has done and it's not nearly what the team signed him for. The team needed interior defense and rebounding, and they expected production similar to what he did with the Nets. He isn't showing that at ALL so far. Plus, he's splitting minutes with KT, and against the hornets, Theus had to throw in Watkins for a short time to help against their athletic frontline. It was a bad move to sign the guy, and if the kings didn't, they could have had Boykins be the new PG until Bibby gets back, and even then Boykins would be an awesome backup.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Udrih is a step up from Shakur, so, decent move. Helps a tiny bit
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #6
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

boykins would have been ideal as a backup for a year or two, but he is not someone we could keep as a long term back up solution...he isn't ideal for a re-building situation...greene is young and hungry, as is douby...we need to give them the minutes and let them develop their game...nothing helps a young player more than playing time...

shakur could prove himself some day but with our current options i think greene is the better option at back up, even if for no other reason than the defense and hustle he brings...

fransisco should be given some time to run the point and make some plays because a confident, in practice garcia can be VERY helpful to the team in the long run. he is underrated, but only because of his inconsistency. i still hold out on my confidence that he will be a damn good role player in the next couple years, though probably never a star.

we have some decent starter pieces, especially if justin williams can get over this dumb court stuff going on now...injuries have plagued the kings for several years, so that will be a huge issue too (obviously already is) so we have to find a way to win without "key" players like bibby...so far it looks like we are helpless without him, but we shouldn't be, we have talent...once brad, spencer and bibby are back, they will either help us win games or command market value for trades for young talent/expiring contracts...we don't need any more unmanageable contracts like KT unless he can get back to his level of contribution of his rocket's days...

anyway...our players need to realize that it's a sink or swim world (thank god theus is promoting that mentality) so hopefully the future is bright for us (though not the immediate future) kings fans, be ready for 2-4 years of rebuilding and possible uber frustrations before we are good again
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
fransisco should be given some time to run the point and make some plays because a confident, in practice garcia can be VERY helpful to the team in the long run. he is underrated, but only because of his inconsistency. i still hold out on my confidence that he will be a damn good role player in the next couple years, though probably never a star.
I didn't watch the game but that statline looked really good.

23 points. 8/10 fg. 2/3 3's. 5/5 Ft. 6 assists. 3 steals.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I didn't watch the game but that statline looked really good.

23 points. 8/10 fg. 2/3 3's. 5/5 Ft. 6 assists. 3 steals.

yeah check...thing is, he has the potential to play like this all the time, but for some reason just loses his cool usually...GREAT to see him playing well finally...looking forward to him continuing it
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Udrih is a step up from Shakur, so, decent move. Helps a tiny bit

That's like saying Shareef is a step up from Kenny Thomas
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Shakur had one of the best names in the NBA... MUSTAFA SHAKUR!
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #11
edsurfmich
Can barely lace up my sneakers

edsurfmich has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH

Deborah
Could somebody please keep us informed if Shakur gets picked up by any professional team anywhere. I am from Philly and I saw him play in High School and he was entertaining. I wish him luck. So many people were/are critical of him because he did not live up to his expectations -- but believe me if you saw where he grew up just to get out of this oppressed area and see not only the rest of this country, but to go to europe as well is an accomplishment!!
ED
edsurfmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

I'll make a thread if Shakur gets picked up unless someone beats me to it.

If he gets picked up by an NBA team I doubt it will be until after the new year unless someone loses a PG for a prolonged period unexpectedly.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: