Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

wasnt able to post in this thread all day.

just want to say that gilbert has gotta be the dumbest mofo out there. i'm not even talking about the gun stuff, i'm talking about the way he's handled things since. wtf was dude thinking last night? stern had no choice but to suspend him today. its no coincidence.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Who cares. This is what should have happened, anyway.

Still $80M strong.....you think he gives a **** right now?

You're incredibly naive, young, or just outright stupid.

80 million will not last forever, especially when its in the hands of such a foolish person.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...3364/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KAJ=GOAT
    You're incredibly naive, young, or just outright stupid.

80 million will not last forever, especially when its in the hands of such a foolish person.

Unless Arenas has some incredibly stupid spending habits, $80M will last a longggggggg time. No offense, but trying to tell anyone the opposite is stupid.

Da Mavs

Unless Arenas has some incredibly stupid spending habits, $80M will last a longggggggg time. No offense, but trying to tell anyone the opposite is stupid.
    No it's not stupid to think at all.

That 80 million is a figure before taxes are taken into consideration.

Then you have Athletes constantly spending money not only on themselves but on others. They make dumb investments maybe on a business or a stock and they lose lots of cash. They think their money never runs out. MAny can run into problems with the IRS. Also paying taxes on property when you buy properrty worth millions is crazy.

Does the NBA have a financial counselor program? That would help like crazy.

Local High School Star

Look at Arenas's actions over the past month and his general behavior since hitting the spotlight. He's already got a pretty obvious gambling problem. Can you seriously tell me with a straight face that you think Gilbert isn't capable of having incredibly stupid spending habits?

Of all current NBA players, Gilbert is at (or near) the top of the list of players I'd assume will be broke 5 years after they're out of the NBA.

D-Rose, I see what you're saying....but it's a bit premature to assume that $80M (We'll say 40-50 after taxes) won't last Arenas a long time. Don't ya think?

I mean, we don't know anything about what he does in his personal life, except that he likes guns lol. Not only that, but not every athlete blows their money. Especially if they are making $16M, made a lot before this contract, and have had no history of bad spending habits. I'd rather not stereotype.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Farrakhan
    da hole ting be rasist. It cus he blak
    Wow, you spelled two words right. Congrats - gold star for you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    damn are you stupid? without pay means the guy that was paying you stopped paying you...so in this case it would be the owner...seriously...

Its sad isn't it?

People really are, that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    Look at Arenas's actions over the past month and his general behavior since hitting the spotlight. He's already got a pretty obvious gambling problem. Can you seriously tell me with a straight face that you think Gilbert isn't capable of having incredibly stupid spending habits?

Of all current NBA players, Gilbert is at (or near) the top of the list of players I'd assume will be broke 5 years after they're out of the NBA.
    Gambling problem? Explain....

He will be broke after 5 years? It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    People think bringing an unloaded gun into the arena is worse than sexual harassment? WTF?????

You go to your job, or school,
    lay 3 guns down on a table, get into an argument with someone.

Then see what happens.

You, are incredibly funking stupid if you don't realize the severity of the issue at hand. Whats next?

Putting guns in their waistbands for games?

"Its not loaded, I don't see what the big deal is".

Your mother should have swallowed you.

Local High School Star

He will be broke after 5 years? It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about...at all.
    Maybe the NY Post is full of it, but there have been many reports saying that this whole thing with Critt was due to Gilbert backing out a gambling debt.

The going broke after 5 years is from an SI article a few months back about how many athletes go broke within a few years of retirement - it was a huge percentage of NBA players. I'll find a link and post it.

Just look at Antoine Walker - dude is already broke. I'd say Gilbert's IQ is about on the same level.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Of course the guy has stupid spending habits. He's an idiot afterall. Latrell Sprewell blew through more than that. Last we heard they were foreclosing on his houses and repo'ing car and yachts. Tyson blew through 300 million. Besides Arenas isn't likely to see very much of that 80 mil, and he will never land an elite level contact again.

The sad thing is both he and you don't know how badly he dont effed up his life the last few days.

Local High School Star

Here's the SI link:

Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.
    Much more if you click the link.

Your dumbass didn't even read the article.

I know its a bit long for someone of your caliber, but really,

you should at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    Maybe the NY Post is full of it, but there have been many reports saying that this whole thing with Critt was due to Gilbert backing out a gambling debt.

The going broke after 5 years is from an SI article a few months back about how many athletes go broke within a few years of retirement - it was a huge percentage of NBA players. I'll find a link and post it.

Just look at Antoine Walker - dude is already broke. I'd say Gilbert's IQ is about on the same level.
    No need to find the link. I believe I have seen that article and lot of it is true. Doesn't mean that it applies to everyone, though. Aside from Antoine Walker, who apparently really did have a gambling problem, which superstar NBA player have you heard of going broke?

The guy has made TONS of money up until now, we hear 1 story about him not wanting to pay a gambling debt, and you assume he has a problem? Come on, man....