Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
killakaronic
I airball my layups

killakaronic has an OK reputation so far
Default Is this trade veteo-able?

Keep in mind that this is a money league where everyone involved should have some sense of what they are doing.

I give up

Josh Smith
LaMarcus Aldridge

Receive

Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Damn commish vetoed it on me.....
killakaronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is this trade veteo-able?

...Thats a terrible deal for the other guy. If a commish didnt veto it youd be lucky as hell
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller

nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far

well if you only looks at ranks, it's a fair deal.

but from a basketball fan point of view, it's like 2 franchise players for 2 upcoming stars. nevertheless, its gonna feel strange to say this but it's probably more or less fair.

So not veteo-able
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly that trade isnt that bad. If Howard doesnt improve FT shooting, and Garnett's numbers continue to go down, it could be a pretty even trade.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
anditsrew
I brick open layups

anditsrew has an OK reputation so far

yea...i agree that this trade is veto-worthy
anditsrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

meh it's borderline. Dwight is so overrated.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It isn't that bad, but for a money league I could see why people would be so uptight.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

It shouldn't have been veteod. The only reason it was because of the bigs names of KG and Dwight. What if the Dwight owner is trying to improve in FT%? Who knows.....but it's not a veto trade.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
AmazingWade
I airball my layups

AmazingWade has an OK reputation so far

I would Veto that trade... Aldridge is still to inconsistent and you know what you will get from Garnett and Howard
AmazingWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWade
I would Veto that trade... Aldridge is still to inconsistent and you know what you will get from Garnett and Howard

It doesn't matter if you know what you're going to get. You know you're going to get punished in FT% and TOs with Howard, and you know that KG in Boston is declining. Aldridge is without Oden right now, and is an improving big man who is a C. Josh Smith will probably be the highest ranked player this deal.

I would lose my mind if I did this deal and it got vetoed. Another example of why I will not participate in Veto leagues .
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Its a perfectly fine trade. There is no case for collusion in that deal. Each team stands to gain something.

You can argue till you're blue in the face about which of those players are going to be the most elite by the end of the year, and everyone would have a point.

The real question is, since this is a money league between friends/aquaintances (or even if it were between strangers), why are your chances of winning that money dependent on one commissioner? He obviously has a vested interest in seeing other teams remain more weak as he probably owns a team as well, and could or could not have more significant relationships with other owners that give them distinct advantages in these kinds of situations over you or others. How does this possibly seem like a good investment to you? I'd be pissed to be in this circumstance.

If you really want to have a fair chance at winning your league and the pot, you should change the veto policies to distribute the "power" more evenly, creating a more fair environment for everyone. Just my two cents on the matter.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: