Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #31
5foot6
I brick open layups

5foot6 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Vertical jump bible journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
No you should not start it again. You need to focus on explosive exercises not the crap they have you do in programs like Dunknow and the program it rips off (Air Alert.)

Well either your arms are really short, you have low set shoulders, a massive head... or a combo of those. I am 5'11 with a 7'7 standing reach and that's only average... so I'm 5 inches taller yet my reach is 9 inches taller. How old are you? Are you still growing?
im 16, so im short for my age, but the doctor told me i would be 5'10 or 5'11. and i dont have a big head, so i must just have low shoulders.
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 AM   #32
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Your body hasn't fully grown yet... I wouldn't' even worry about it right now. Doctor's are pretty accurate with that stuff you most likely will hit that height and your reach will sprout up as well.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

This is kind of off-topic, but will my standing reach/wingspan will continue to grow as I do? I've heard both yes and no so I want to finally find out for sure.
I'm 15, 5'11, 7'9-7'10 reach, and a 6'3-6'4 wingspan.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #34
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I would assume so... I don't see why your arms wouldn't grow and the rest of your body would. That doesn't make much sense.

That's a good reach and great and wingspan btw.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #35
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I thought it made more sense, but I've heard both answers from people. And once basketball is done, I'm going to train/lift hard with the tips people have here so hopefully I could go from just touching rim (about a 28 inch vert) to being able to dunk a volleyball consistently (32-ish vert?)
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #36
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
Yeah I thought it made more sense, but I've heard both answers from people. And once basketball is done, I'm going to train/lift hard with the tips people have here so hopefully I could go from just touching rim (about a 28 inch vert) to being able to dunk a volleyball consistently (32-ish vert?)

Yea you have to be wary about who you take advice from... a lot of people are just full of crap lol. I can't tell you how many people spew straight garbage at the gym about anything and everything lol.

That being said though, I don't know for sure about that tho, it's just my best educated guess. I have also heard before that you grow out faster than you grow up... but I don't really trust the source I heard that from and I think it might have just been a theory of his anyway since he had the same standing each as his brother who was almost 2 inches taller him. He was sure it meant he would grow taller... but he hasn't lol.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 01-27-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #37
Euroball5
I brick open layups

Euroball5 has an OK reputation so far

Here's my upperbody workout I'll be doing 2 a week along with the VJB.

DB floor press 5x5
DB rows 5x5
DB shoulder press 5x5
DB curls 3x8
DB tricep exension 3x8
DB shrugs 3x8
Euroball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: