Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: I hate to say it but Rose is the worst MVP winner of all time

I think I jinx Rose, when I watch the Bulls he is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    Hes shooting sub 36% for the playoffs, i know i know, its a regular season award.

Lets look at the facts, hes AT BEST the second best PG in the league, but really the third best. THats not even best player, thats third best at his position.

His team had the best record because of rebounding and defense. Rose is a subpar defender and offers nothing in rebounding. Yes he can close out games, but his advanced statistics demonstrate how much LESS he contributes than other superstars to his team. And if you watch the games, yes rose is incredible, easily a top 10 player, but do you want an MVP to be a top 10 player, or the top guy?

Also if you want to look at the award as value, not best player, then easily dirk or dwight. Dirk goes down and that team freefalls. Dwight was a MONSTER, and without him they dont even make the playoffs. Rose won the award because the Heat started 9-8 and people were hating on LBJ for going to Miami. Im ok with LBJ not getting it. He is by far the best player and his stats, on a new team that needed time to get chemistry, were still historic. Not run of the mill, good, or great. HISTORIC.

However, Dirk or Dwight deserved the MVP this year imo.
    lebron was 4-7 against elite teams. such an mvp.

Default Re: Derrick Rose named the 2011 MVP

congrates

High School Varsity 6th Man

Funny how the haters come out after a bulls lost and keep quiet after a bulls win.....

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    yes because bulls would have 60+ wins with cj watson keith bogans loul deng boozer and noah.

Possibly... And with the more points argument did he also take a lot more shots? scoring does not equal everything man...

Local High School Star

regardless how poor hes shooting these playoffs it was well deserved...nobody deserved it more then him. How do you start threads on here anyway I'm curious to know that

Decent college freshman

Nash might have been worse, but yeah he's pretty weak

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    Hes shooting sub 36% for the playoffs, i know i know, its a regular season award.

Lets look at the facts, hes AT BEST the second best PG in the league, but really the third best. THats not even best player, thats third best at his position.

His team had the best record because of rebounding and defense. Rose is a subpar defender and offers nothing in rebounding. Yes he can close out games, but his advanced statistics demonstrate how much LESS he contributes than other superstars to his team. And if you watch the games, yes rose is incredible, easily a top 10 player, but do you want an MVP to be a top 10 player, or the top guy?

Also if you want to look at the award as value, not best player, then easily dirk or dwight. Dirk goes down and that team freefalls. Dwight was a MONSTER, and without him they dont even make the playoffs. Rose won the award because the Heat started 9-8 and people were hating on LBJ for going to Miami. Im ok with LBJ not getting it. He is by far the best player and his stats, on a new team that needed time to get chemistry, were still historic. Not run of the mill, good, or great. HISTORIC.

However, Dirk or Dwight deserved the MVP this year imo.

Historic?? Historic?? Really? People throw that word around like no one has ever done it before. What did he do LeBron West do that no one else has?

Rose? More like exPOSEd!

Just kidding I actually like the guy.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I would say second worse in the last 20 years after Iverson in 2001. . . but I would still give it to him by default frankly.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Well seeing as the award is most valuable to there team, not best player in the league, can anyone put a clear cut argument forward for anyone else??

I think it should be awarded to best player in the league personally. You cant tell me Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Howard, Durant, Dirk arent better than Rose...
    Which is why the MVP award is a piece of crap. Shaq having what, 1?, proves this...
    I've always believed it should go to the best player as well, but it abit too late to change the award at this point in the history of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    Possibly... And with the more points argument did he also take a lot more shots? scoring does not equal everything man...
    sorry not possible buddy...possibly 50 if there lucky.

scoring must have meant alot if they won the majority of games against elite teams. Rose was a stud against elite teams they won majority of there games...lebron wasnt...they lost majority of there games.

Also your comming off as someone that hasnt even watched more than a few bulls games. You actually think the bulls without rose could win 60...
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 05-02-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    lebron was 4-7 against elite teams. such an mvp.
    No he wasnt, his team was. This is an individual award, not a team award. The team award is Rings, MVPs are an individual award. Furthermore, he was on a new team and that takes time.

Also, how is your boy doing in the playoffs against the 2 worst teams in the playoffs in each round? Oh thats right, under 36% shooting, 11-27 tonight. Yea he's fantastic though, definitely on LBJ's level.

Here are some facts:
    "Rose has a great team. Many of you have reminded me Noah and Boozer have been injured most of the season, which is wrong. They have missed a lot of games, but they have each played more than half the season, most of which have come in the more important months of the season. Noah has played 48 games, Boozer 59. Some of you told me Boozer has not been the player he was in Utah. He is averaging 17.5 points and 9.6 rebounds per game. 17.5 points per game is higher than his career average. 9.6 rebounds is just under his career averages, but the next best rebounder he played with in Utah was Mehmut Okur

congrats D Rose and bulls fans.

College superstar

AI has this on lock.