Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Melo deserves MVP this year

Lebron clearly is the MVP this year. His numbers and especially the efficiency are incredible and destroy Melo's efficiency. Only thing Melo has on Lebron is the scoring and that's not even a big difference.

I do agree though that Melo deserves significant MVP consideration. It's closer than people think, and I DO believe that Melo deserves it more than KD this year. This is coming from a huge Durant fan with a disliking of Lebron and Melo. Post all-star break, Melo literally willed his team to wins in a handfull of games.

But alas... consideration if all Melo deserves. Not really his fault, it's just Lebron is having arguably his best year.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Wow Kobe-stans desperately don't want LeBron to be mvp. He's going to win. Deal with it.
    yup its clear as daylight. op just give up. you kobe stans are as pathetic as you are desperate

College superstar

My vote for MVP is John Wall... Wizards were by far the worst team in the league without (something like 5-28) and in the playoffs with him (24-25).

Melo, though, has a legit case, as well.

Mind you, Lebron is by far the best player in the league, but because of the makeup of their respective teams, Lebron is not as valuable. As other posters have said, Heat would still be the first seed in the East without Lebron. So the regular season value (it's a reg season award, after all) that Lebron brings to the Heat is increasing their first-place lead from 5 games to 12 games (or whatever it is)?

The only reason Lebron has high efficiency is because he has multiple options to pass to. He chooses when and when not to shoot. Melo doesn't have that luxury. If he's not shooting at an extremely high volume the Knicks aren't going to win. Copeland and and Shumpert are not going to get buckets

Stat nerds don't even watch the game

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    2 posts in a row

emotional
    This is why no one wants knicks to win anything. you guys would be worse than lakers/heat trolls.Given the fact that new york is bigger, there'd be a lot more trolls if knicks win anything. you guys are already cocky because you guys are second seed and have scoring champ on your team, just imagine how much shitposting would happen if knicks even reach the conference finals and lose in 7 to heat.

Everyone makes fun of knicks because they deserve it. it is not like knicks have been in conference finals 3-4 times in last decade. given that knicks are in probably the biggest market, there is no excuse for knicks to have done this badly. Until knicks do great in post season, the hate is justified and knicks fan should not expect anything else. Heat got crucified for losing in finals in their first year and knicks fans want respect for having seventh best record in league.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    That's what I've been saying. Melo and even Kobe deserved it more than Lebron and Durant.

NY's second best player was hurt most of the season, and their third best player comes off the bench. And all of their other bigs missed several games, and so did Kidd, Felton, Prigioni, and Shumpert. Plus they struggled mightily when Melo was out, and that's the clear sign of being MVP.

Lebron got outplayed by Wade during their winning-streak, yet he gets most of the credit because he's become a media-darling again. And they didn't miss either one of them when they were out, and just kept winning.

MVP: Best stat-padder on the most stacked team of all time.
    Dude i dont understand this.I know you are one of the trolls but why contradict yourself.Even as a troll you should have some respect.

Around mid season i distinctly remember you talking about heat.You said they are not gonna win they are not good enough.Why 360 turn.

I mean are they the most stacked team of all time or not decide!!!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Fox's Avatar

No he doesn't.

I'm not responding to someone with the username roseACL

dafuq is that shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Knicks 3pt shooting should win the MVP before Melo, caus that is more valuable to the team

Get over it already. You sound like an emotional bitch.

Have Melo and Lebron switch teams. I think the Knicks get better and the Heat get worse.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    My vote for MVP is John Wall... Wizards were by far the worst team in the league without (something like 5-28) and in the playoffs with him (24-25).

Melo, though, has a legit case, as well.

Mind you, Lebron is by far the best player in the league, but because of the makeup of their respective teams, Lebron is not as valuable. As other posters have said, Heat would still be the first seed in the East without Lebron. So the regular season value (it's a reg season award, after all) that Lebron brings to the Heat is increasing their first-place lead from 5 games to 12 games (or whatever it is)?
    Why do the lebron d!ckriders refuse to accept this? We know he is the best player in the league but that doesn't mean he should win MVP every year because of it, his team would still be a top 3 seed without him. MJ would have 10 MVP'S if they just handed it to whoever is the best in the league at the time.
    But no one really has a chance because lebron is the darling of the nba and the media (BSPN) rides his cawk like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Wilbon
    Nobody is saying that Melo is the better player. They're saying he was more important to the team's success. It's a valid argument. Wade and Bosh still could lead the Heat to the #1 seed without LeBron. The Knicks don't even make the playoffs without Melo.

You're still salty as f*ck
    Even if this is true, the bottom line is LeBron was the best player this season and consistently performed at a higher level than everyone else. He broke the record for having 30+ PPG, while shooting better than 60% and average 7 assists DURING the streak. Any objective fan would realize this.

If Melo is so important to the Knicks, how is it it that LeBron is required to do so much more for the Heat?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    I love how people are still pointing out Ray Allen as some over the top addition, when in fact he is a 10 ppg scorer with the worst defense on the team.
    What other team has a roleplaying shooting guard that is one of the top 5 long distance bombers of all time?

Question Re: Melo deserves MVP this year

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    LeBron is required to do so much more for the Heat?
    What does Lebron do more? Pass the ball? To his loaded options?