Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: What's something your state / country is famous for that you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    That's not a bad idea, I jus dunno if I would want to whiff Old Bay traces everytime I open my freezer.

you in DC? my sister lives there. She takes me to this seafood pier type deal that has all this blue crab and places that will steam them for you. Very delicious.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    I almost had the same comments about crabs.

Love crab meat but its a lot of work and picking them leaves an unholy mess plus there is no way u can throw it in your home trash unless its goin out that night or the next day, kind of a hassle but I do like eating crabs. Just kinda a struggle at times

it also sucks because you can't get that smell out of your hands no matter how much you wash. you got to wait like 2~ days.

i always cut my hands on picking at the meat too. i almost hate picking crabs more than taking the skin off of roast chestnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Texas has amazing women IMO
    indeed. yes, we do have our fair share of fatties but the hot women are super ****ing hot. all races too, not just white

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

it would help if people would say which state they're talking about lol

Learning to shoot layups

Dallas is pretty much completely hick free...Fort Worth is another story though
    Not true about Ft. Worth. Most hicks you see here are from out of town coming dressed up to the stockyards, either local small town people wanting to see the "city" or tourist both believing it is how you should dress while in the area. It's one section of the city where you see this, go anywhere else in Ft. Worth and you don't run into this at all.
    Even most small towns fairly close to DFW aren't full of hicks, I grew up in Cleburne which is 30 minutes south of DFW with a population of 30k and still wouldn't see a cowboy hat more than once a month at the most.
    Rednecks are everywhere but way less common in any part of Texas than what is portrayed, even being a Texas guy I feel you are believing in the stereotype but just believe it is in a separate part of Texas than where you reside

alcoholism

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edb33
    Not true about Ft. Worth. Most hicks you see here are from out of town coming dressed up to the stockyards, either local small town people wanting to see the "city" or tourist both believing it is how you should dress while in the area. It's one section of the city where you see this, go anywhere else in Ft. Worth and you don't run into this at all.
    Even most small towns fairly close to DFW aren't full of hicks, I grew up in Cleburne which is 30 minutes south of DFW with a population of 30k and still wouldn't see a cowboy hat more than once a month at the most.
    Rednecks are everywhere but way less common in any part of Texas than what is portrayed, even being a Texas guy I feel you are believing in the stereotype but just believe it is in a separate part of Texas than where you reside
    Fair enough, I rarely ever go to FW I just know it has a bit of that rep, that and I know there are clubs in FW for those that like country music. I always imagine walking into one of those and everyone is 2-stepping.

I rarely go outside of the city too, but when I do it does seem like the voices get some of the "Texas Twang" going, and in Dallas I feel there is little to no accent...but yeah that doesn't mean everyone likes to ride mechanical bulls in their spare time.

regardless I know the stereotype is much more myth than fact

NBA rookie of the year

Polish Sausages/Bratwursts
    Cubs/Wrigleyville

Pittsburgh has a really cringeworthy accent that I do everything I can to avoid.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    alcoholism

From New Mexico are ya?

Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Ted Nugent
    Same state!

I'll add Kid Rock and Insane Clown Posse to that.

Vice Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Polish Sausages/Bratwursts
    Cubs/Wrigleyville
    Fellow Chicagoan

Cubs can suck it, Sox

Texas has amazing women IMO
    Bitches were in hiding while I was there