Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Big Rook has an OK reputation so far
Default Caron Butler

PROPOSAL!:

Caron Butler and Andray Blatche go to Toronto

Washington gets Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker and Joey Graham and a 1st round pick.

This will definitely solve the 2/3 problem. Caron has the versatility to play both positions.

Last edited by Chamberlain : 12-08-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Caron Butler - just what Triano ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
Caron Butler and Andray Blatche go to Toronto

Washington gets Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker and Joey Graham and a 1st round pick.

This will definitely solve the 2/3 problem. Caron has the versatility to play both positions.

Yes: as would getting Lebron James....but neither are happening this side of dream land. Butler is washingtons best player, and Blatche is about an equal prospect to Bargs by himself: they are not trading both to get Bargs, Joey, and mid range 1st rounder.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Washington already dumped Brown for Butler, not sure they want to experience the Laker's side of that.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

**** man, my heart stopped reading this.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Caron Butler

it would take much more to get butler, say Calderon + Bargs + 1st rounder...

to get Blatche.. maybe Bargs straight up.. or Parker + 1st rounder

maybe we should aim Young or Stevenson
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Big Rook has an OK reputation so far

I prefer Caron to Young, or Stevenson.

All kidding aside.

I was looking at Stevenson's numbers and they are considerably down from years past. I am sure the absence of Gilbo has something to do with that. Those two would go at it hard in practice and Gil would trash-talk him to death.

Young is a good young(no pun) player with some upside, but he isn't the impact player we need.

It will be interesting to see what BC does. We need an impact player at the 2/3, or else a 1st round exit will be a preeminent accomplishment this season - not a joke.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
I prefer Caron to Young, or Stevenson.

All kidding aside.

I was looking at Stevenson's numbers and they are considerably down from years past. I am sure the absence of Gilbo has something to do with that. Those two would go at it hard in practice and Gil would trash-talk him to death.

Young is a good young(no pun) player with some upside, but he isn't the impact player we need.

I think it has little to do with that. Gilbert's last near full season was 06-07, and the following year (07-08) Stevenson put up identical numbers while Gil was out for most of the season. He's pretty much just a streak shooter, and so far he's been off.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

we should lock and delete this thread before any Wiz fans get a hold of this thread. This thread has potential to lead the US and Canada to war.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The only way this trade ever even get's spoken of is if the Wizards decide to move Arenas and completely start over.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
**** man, my heart stopped reading this.

Same.

"Caron Butler - just what Triano ordered" defenitly intruged me to click this thread, I thought the transaction happened already.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
we should lock and delete this thread before any Wiz fans get a hold of this thread. This thread has potential to lead the US and Canada to war.

haha.. yeah it would piss them off.. caron butler would be a perfect player for our system.. imagine the possibilities.. is their any other player in the league similar to butler's style that can help our team? I'm having a hard time thinking of one that's realistic to trade for..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: