Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Just successfully made my Ghost Box

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    So, random noises which you interpret as "no" is what counts as a class A EVP?
    Denial is a serious problem. . So you honestly don't think that sounds like a CLEAR "No!" at the end of the video???? . Dude it's also an obvious voice, one of which wasn't ours. Remember I have a media analyzing program so I can see voice spikes. This was a voice spike, not a noise.

The Nightman Cometh Shadynasty's's Avatar

got any photos of it?

Home of the 16

your friend should try to video it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadynasty's
    got any photos of it?
    Of what we were communicating with? We don't have proper video equipment yet so no. I'm getting a full spectrum camcorder soon which should let me catch good visuals like moving shadows, shadow figures etc. As of right now I'm pretty much limited to sensors, audio and the team's feelings (being touched etc). We have Night Mode camcorder... but you don't really pick up the paranormal with infrared.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Denial is a serious problem. . So you honestly don't think that sounds like a CLEAR "No!" at the end of the video???? . Dude it's also an obvious voice, one of which wasn't ours. Remember I have a media analyzing program so I can see voice spikes. This was a voice spike, not a noise.
    You really need to read up on alternate explanations. It's an obvious voice that says, "no" to you because that's what you want to hear. You sure it's not, "go", "oh", "ho", "bo"? It couldn't be someone exhaling, a random noise like the wind, interference, static, an artifact, etc.? Oh, but I'm just in denial simply because I don't think you heard a voice from beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    your friend should try to video it
    The entity or the EVP session? It's kind of pointless to record a stationary digital recorder and nobody would consider that conclusive anyways. Either you gotta believe what you're hearing on my audio or I can't convince people. As for the video of the entity.... like I said above I don't have the right equipment yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    You really need to read up on alternate explanations. It's an obvious voice that says, "no" to you because that's what you want to hear. You sure it's not, "go", "oh", "ho", "bo"? It couldn't be someone exhaling, a random noise like the wind, interference, static, an artifact, etc.? Oh, but I'm just in denial simply because I don't think you heard a voice from beyond.
    You don't need to admit it was a paranormal voice but to deny it's clearly saying "No" is sad. Remember... I have a nearly 200 dollar digital recorder. It's got a state of the art voice filter. If I breath into it... or make a bang it won't record, unless it was already recording from a voice, in which case it extends the recording.

Why would I specifically want to hear a certain word man? This isn't my mind playing tricks on me. I'm legitimately trying to find evidence and amplified the sound and played it over and over again. I also have evidence that it wasn't one of us.. because my GF's recorder captured nothing.

Banned

I believe in ghosts but this evidence of yours is seriously weak

Banned

I'm an amateur when it comes to paranormal investigations. There isn't a training for it... and if there is it's a sham. I suppose I could read a book on how to investigate locations but I've done that online for years. My personal preparation or steps to make this happen were... 15-20 years of strong interest and research. I've always been into the paranormal since I was a kid. I watched all the A&E haunting specials, all haunted shows and own multiple books on the paranormal (have had some since I was a teen).

At one point I was even considering getting into Parapsychology or Crytozoology. I've been studying both animals and the paranormal religiously since I was like 5 or 6 years old .

I think you have to have the right mentality and personality for this though. My friends and GF already wuss out for some things that I do without hesitation. It kind of sucks because my drive to find evidence and research overpowers them. Like people think I'm crazy because I'm down to do w/e. My girlfriend got pissed at me last night actually because I told her she chickened out. She wouldn't even sit in a chair in a lit up area, with me right next to her... next to my recorder.

She said "Not many people are as brave as you. You can't expect everybody to be at your level". I guess I just have a lot of passion and drive for this kind of research.
    Fearless.. nice. Do you have photos of you guys at this place? How do you get in to the hotel late at night? What are other haunted places around LA? This noise shit no one will ever believe unless they saymore than just a few words that may or may not be the wind, start looking for some video and photo evidence mang.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    I don't believe in the supernatural, but I'm loving your attitude and enthusiasm. Sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun, keep doing what you do.
    i wanna feel this way, but that's an awful lot of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Fearless.. nice. Do you have photos of you guys at this place? How do you get in to the hotel late at night? What are other haunted places around LA? This noise shit no one will ever believe unless they saymore than just a few words that may or may not be the wind, start looking for some video and photo evidence mang.
    The only camera I have is a standard one with night mode. Chances of catching a visual are under 1 percent probably. I don't expect anybody to automatically believe me but I have no reason to lie to you guys. It's not like you're paying me for evidence or I'm going to get a ton of respect and love or something.

I give you all my word these are unedited recordings and because I'm using expensive equipment... it's not a malfunction. A few things that happened beyond these audio clips were times when my meter went batsh** and times where my laser thermometer dropped 10-15 degrees in the same spot, then went right back up a second later.

How do I get into hotels late? You mean The Mission Inn? We just watch for security lol. As for haunted places around LA... we were in Orange County but will be hitting the Queen Mary in a couple weeks which is considered a top 5 most haunted place in America by many. LA/OC/LBC all have lots of crime history, murders and active spots.

I'm going to get lots of good evidence at Queen Mary for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    I didn't pay for any of it! . I got it all through trading junk and one was an early Christmas gift.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Well he said he traded for most of the stuff, so I don't think he's spent too much money. Anyway, people spend money on what they enjoy, so I guess it makes sense from that point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Well he said he traded for most of the stuff, so I don't think he's spent too much money. Anyway, people spend money on what they enjoy, so I guess it makes sense from that point of view.
    Yup. I traded things like an old camera, video games etc I don't use anymore. Lebowsky did you listen to the clips? Second two clips are download only because they are Wav files.

Yup. I traded things like an old camera, video games etc I don't use anymore. Lebowsky did you listen to the clips? Second two clips are download only because they are Wav files.
    Yep I did, but I'll reserve judgement if you don't mind. I think from now on you should post the audio clips without telling people what you think they say first, and then post what you make out of them a day or two later. That way you would avoid pareidolia and influencing people, and maybe you would even get some new interpretations.