Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Can we all just agree Lebron IS NOT clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    He doesn't get a pass because he was SOOOO bad he played a AWFUL pivotal game 5 (15 points ) and was bad in game 6. He went down without a fight just like he did in the Finals.
    No one is giving him a pass. It's your specific argument that I'm disagreeing with. The point is you are claiming that his performance or lack of clutch play is the reason he doesn't have a ring, and you cited the 2010 ECSF against the Celtics as an example. No amount of "clutch" play from Lebron alone was going to help the Cavs overcome the talent gap in a 7 game series against the 2010 Celtics. Also, I love how every game Lebron doesn't play well in or loses all of a sudden becomes so "pivotal" and/ or so "important". The games he plays well in are relegated to meaningless "front running" performances.

Decent playground baller

To be clutch, you have to be cold blooded. I noticed Lebron likes to chew on his nails on the bench, which means he is a nervous person. You can't be scared of the moment but Lebron is like the cowardly Lion in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Odumbb
    To be clutch, you have to be cold blooded. I noticed Lebron likes to chew on his nails on the bench, which means he is a nervous person. You can't be scared of the moment but Lebron is like the cowardly Lion in the clutch.
    That point is moot but I do agree with everything else you said besides the finger nail biting part. I bite my finger nails, I'm a little anxious sometimes and while I'm not going to say that I have the ability to be cold blooded Larry Bird definitely does both as well and he's as much as a sure-thing in the clutch than anyone that I've seen.

With Lebron it's more than just the finger nail biting. It's all the extra stuff. All the talk and no backing it up. All the goofing off, all the "buddy-buddy" type antics with his "fellow superstars" around the league. Those aren't your fellow superstars that's your "main competition" as Bird spoke about Magic.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Lebron was Gassed and Shook after missing 2 Fts and than having Shot Blocked By Goerge. Down 2 He passes to Wade instead of attacking rim was Bad and than Being a Decoy letting Chalmers jack up contested last shot when he has done nothing productive all was Inexcusable. I said this after loss to Knicks The games that come down the stretch are still a problem with Heat cause Lebron Dominates Ball All game long than wants nothing to do with it when it matter most and Other are expected to bail him out.. Doesn't work that way Lebron U won MVP act like it and Demand the ball and Shots in those closing situations. 2 Playoff Losses Both times Lebron doesnt even have Anything to do with last play.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    LMFAO He flat out quit before the do-or-die game was even over in 2010. He has the mental fortitude of a coward. I notice a funny pattern when I watch the games of the other NBA legends that got ousted periodically throughout their careers. They never quit at any point no matter what adversity they are facing. LeQuit broke the mold. He's the greatest player to ever quit in the playoffs. there's a new accolade the NBA should create to add to his ringless awards.
    Are you sure about that? I can bring up two clear examples of consensus top 10 players who were accused of quitting on their teams in the playoffs. And I don't want to hear..."Oh they were underdogs and not supposed to win anyways." The point is when adversity hit, they didn't give their all and had people watching from fans to commentators wondering if they were quitting on their teammates.

MJ- 1989 Game 5 vs Pistons where he took only 8 shots after averaging over 24 shot attempts for the series. Go back, watch the game, and listen to the commentators criticize his apathy and lack of aggressiveness.

Kobe Bryant- 2006 First round against the Suns Game 7 when he took 3 shots in the 2nd half. This was the very season he lit the Mavs up for 62 in 3 quarters and had 50 if memory serves me correctly against this very Suns team earlier in the series.

Multiple championships later, those moments are forgotten by the casual fan. I don't condone or make excuses for when a player doesn't give their all, but let's not act as if Lebron is the only one as you implied in your statement.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Are you sure about that? I can bring up two clear examples of consensus top 10 players who were accused of quitting on their teams in the playoffs. And I don't want to hear..."Oh they were underdogs and not supposed to win anyways." The point is when adversity hit, they didn't give their all and had people watching from fans to commentators wondering if they were quitting on their teammates.

MJ- 1989 Game 5 vs Pistons where he took only 8 shots after averaging over 24 shot attempts for the series. Go back, watch the game, and listen to the commentators criticize his apathy and lack of aggressiveness.

Kobe Bryant- 2006 First round against the Suns Game 7 when he took 3 shots in the 2nd half. This was the very season he lit the Mavs up for 62 in 3 quarters and had 50 if memory serves me correctly against this very Suns team earlier in the series.

Multiple championships later, those moments are forgotten by the casual fan. I don't condone or make excuses for when a player doesn't give their all, but let's not act as if Lebron is the only one as you implied in your statement.

Kobe quit in 2006? He was the reason we were up 3-1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZnF87Iy84

This is of Kobe's BEST clutch moments. He put up 50 in game 6 how is that quitting?????????? GTFOH........

Why do Lebron fans do this? Like they try to pull some crazy stat or game from Kobe & Jordan's past to justify all of his flaws. These guys are some of the most cold blooded players & have 5 & 6 rings no comparison.....

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

I'm always amused that people who are most vocal about LeBron's late-game issues are also the most convinced that he's the best. Make up your mind, if he's a 'choker', how is he the best? How can any player with an average jumper & nonexistent acceleration/explosiveness off-the-dribble be the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    The problem with Lebron is that he doesn't step up in the FACE of adversity. When things are getting going (Like Boston and Chicago), he does fine. But the minute his jumper doesn't fall, or the other team is gritty enough to keep it close, he wilts. He doesn't have an extra gear.

It's like the school bully who abuses guys (Boston and Chicago), but when somebody punches him in the nose, he suddenly backs off.

This. He doesn't have that killer instinct that guys like MJ, Bird, or Kobe had/have.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'm always amused that people who are most vocal about LeBron's late-game issues are also the most convinced that he's the best. Make up your mind, if he's a 'choker', how is he the best? How can any player with an average jumper & nonexistent acceleration/explosiveness off-the-dribble be the best?
    Before the last 3 minutes he had 28/5+5+. He's the best.. before the pressure comes.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

He is a great players with great talents but he does not have what it takes to will his team to a championship.
    Lebron was never clutch, and now that we're getting beyond his hype, we see that more clearly now. Just a few days ago, people were talking about how "clutch" he was in Game 1, scoring in the 4th. I said it then, as I'm saying it now. Lebron only does that when there's no pressure involved. Nothing on the line, he can beast. But put him in a pressure situation, he folds. Dude doesn't even want to attempt to shoot the ball in a close game. I've been saying, let's see how he does in a close game, and if he performs under pressure, then we can say he took his game to another level. Therefore erasing his Finals disappearance. But he does as expected, folds under pressure. Big surprise.

College superstar

Kobe quit in 2006? He was the reason we were up 3-1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZnF87Iy84

This is of Kobe's BEST clutch moments. He put up 50 in game 6 how is that quitting?????????? GTFOH........

Why do Lebron fans do this? Like they try to pull some crazy stat or game from Kobe & Jordan's past to justify all of his flaws. These guys are some of the most cold blooded players & have 5 & 6 rings no comparison.....
    #1 I'm not a Lebron fan. I'm just not a hater.
    #2 You can't be serious. Did you even read the post? I said...
    Kobe Bryant- 2006 First round against the Suns Game 7 when he took 3 shots in the 2nd half.
    Then you ignorantly mention game 6 as proof that Kobe didn't quit in game 7. For real? Just please stop. BTW...In case you didn't notice I already mentioned the 50pt game. But it's obvious that you didn't read.

Next if you understand the concept of context you would recognize that I only brought up MJ and Kobe because I was responding to a poster that had just said:

I notice a funny pattern when I watch the games of the other NBA legends that got ousted periodically throughout their careers. They never quit at any point no matter what adversity they are facing.
    I wasn't randomly pulling up
    some crazy stat or game from Kobe & Jordan's past to justify all of his flaws.
    I was addressing past legends who had done what the poster just said they had not done.

Finally, you bring up the fact that those other legends are multiple title winners. In my post I already said:

Multiple championships later, those moments are forgotten by the casual fan.
    I already stated that they had won many titles. So in effect your reply here was a prime example of either an unwillingness to read or an inability to comprehend. It was also pointless considering the fact that you basically repeated some of the very things I already said.

He is a front runner. There was no pressure on him in those series. What did he do in the Finals? The great ones play great to the end and win rings.
    No pressure in the Bulls series being down 1-0 with PLENTY of people saying Bulls would beat them? Revisionist history at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    No pressure in the Bulls series being down 1-0 with PLENTY of people saying Bulls would beat them? Revisionist history at its finest.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Haven't you heard? Lebron has never led a comeback in his life. Every shot he's hit in the 4th quarter his team was already up by 30 and leading the series 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    LMFAO He flat out quit before the do-or-die game was even over in 2010. He has the mental fortitude of a coward. I notice a funny pattern when I watch the games of the other NBA legends that got ousted periodically throughout their careers. They never quit at any point no matter what adversity they are facing. LeQuit broke the mold. He's the greatest player to ever quit in the playoffs. there's a new accolade the NBA should create to add to his ringless awards.
    Cleveland fans really look like retards supporting this guy, acting like he was Jesus reincarnated for 7 years, only to completely change their opinions (on his skill, impact, clutchness, mental fortitude, etc...) the moment he decided to switch teams. I generally like yours and RBA's posts for the most part, but when it comes to Bron, it's quite hilarious putting in perspective the shit you guys say.