Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: I hate George Karl

he is good coach, i rate him at the top ..( below thibodeau or popovich tho).

he overachieved with his team this year imo, and he is missing faried/gaillinari in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    He is certainly overrated. I think everybody would agree with that. Not terrible but overrated.
    just semantics, but how could everybody agree that somebody or something is overrated?

if we all agree that he is overrated, then who are the people who are overrating him?

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    just semantics, but how could everybody agree that somebody or something is overrated?

if we all agree that he is overrated, then who are the people who are overrating him?

People don't seem to understand the concept of overrated and underrated around here.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

I would love to have Karl as the head coach of the pelicans... Currently we have the worst coach in the NBA.

Banned

half of his old Melo team is in New York and doing great for another coach, does kinda make him look bad

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    half of his old Melo team is in New York and doing great for another coach, does kinda make him look bad

his denver team was in stacked west tho. cant say same for current knicks..

knicks wouldnt have homecourt in west

Decent playground baller

He reminds me of Don Nelson. Overrated coach that is good enough to stick around forever but whose over inflated ego will prevent him from ever winning a championship..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I feel Nate McMillan was the most overrated. He was consistently in the COY talks, but he was a terrible Xs and Os coach that could not make necessary adjustments. His hype was because he could motivate a team to play hard, which will always win a decent enough games in the regular season, but in the playoffs every team is motivated so you need more than motivation to win.

His idea of coaching defense:
    Coach: "We need to play defense"
    Players: "How would you like us to play defense."
    Coach: "Hard."
    Players: "Any defensive scheme?"
    Coach: "Zone I guess?"

His idea of coaching offense:
    Coach: "Ok Roy, you will go in iso."
    Other players: "What should we do?"
    Coach: "Whatever you do, don't move when Roy has the ball"
    ....... Roy gets injured.....
    Coach: "Ok Aldridge, you will go in iso....."

His idea of coaching in the playoffs:
    Game 1: "Cool we squeaked out a win against the Suns. Let's stick with what worked and not have a backup plan for next game in the case that they make adjustments."
    Game 2 (halftime): "Ok, so we just got blown out of the building before half time. Let's not try anything new in the second half to see what works."
    Prepping for game 3: "Ok, so they blew us out that game.... every quarter. It must have been a fluke, let's not change anything."
    Prepping for game 4: "Ok, so we didn't change anything and the results were the same. Let's try this one more time."
    Game 4 (before 2nd quarter): "Ok, maybe now we should change something."
    Prepping for game 5: "Well what do you know, those changes worked. Let's not do anything different this game from what we did the second portion of last game. No way Suns make more adjustments, only a crazy coach would make adjustments without waiting 2+ games."
    Prepping for game 6: "Well that was ugly. Must have been another fluke. Let's not change anything again."
    After game 6: "Well F***, I don't know what happened."
    Last edited by Myth; 04-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    the most overrated coach i've ever seen...

coincidentally he was the head coach of the olympic team that finished sixth place in the 2002 fiba here in the US.
    He had no say on the roster which at that time was picked more on marketing young guys than winning. Many of the best players dropped out because of 911 if I remember correctly.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na.../mwc_2002.html

We were asking to get beat in 2002 and 2004 and we did. This summer will be the first time they get guys together the summer before the World's which cost us in 2006 as well.

he's always been a shitty playoffs coach. now he sucks in the reg season as well
    As his two finals with two different teams indicates.

No kidding, how giddy was he that Melo was gone and he has a starless team? Never mind that they weren't going to do anything, he loved it. And he seemingly plays all those guys in order to not let anyone be a star either if you watch them. No one really has become anything of a go to player when they really need one
    Can't blame him for wanting a team and not a bunch of isos with an overrated player. He's got depth and he uses it. That's their strength. Led the starless team to an amazing 57 wins! Got to be one of the greatest coaching jobs ever. He has his faults like every coach but the end results are hard to deny! He's won everywhere stars or no stars.

They've got one of the highest paid rosters in the league. They are supposed to win! If anyone has looked bad it's Carmelo. Denver has the better team.

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

I think he used to be one of the best defensive coaches, but recently his teams have been one of the best Offensive teams. Which i find wired.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Hate is a strong word, but i hate him.

most overrated coach in the history of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by entropy35
    I think he used to be one of the best defensive coaches, but recently his teams have been one of the best Offensive teams. Which i find wired.

Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Great coach, great career and he's been great for Denver over the years, for the most part anyways. He's got a huge ego, stupid rotations and falls apart in the playoffs. Game has changed over the years and refuses to change up his system. If Denver loses in the first round, without question he has to go. I've wanted him gone for a little bit because I feel like Denver just needs to go in a new direction, but you can't argue with his results in the regular season.

He panicked last game. Benched Fournier and started Dre and fell into Jackson's plan. Give Jackson credit because he out coached him, hopefully that doesn't continue.

Basically everything I said last year in this very thread

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp.
    Still tries to use the same defensive shit tho. The constant switching and his use of traps which against CP3 that one playoffs was a thing of beauty. Now with Curry trying to take the ball out of his hands so we can get drilled be 100's of 3 pointers.

I would just love some normal defense. I still get flashbacks of Nene trying to step out and guard Steve Nash 5-6 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    I would love to have Karl as the head coach of the pelicans... Currently we have the worst coach in the NBA.
    Seems like most pro coaches suck based on what teams' fanbases think.