Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Brewer and Korver

Both were good signings last summer when you consider how reasonable their contracts are, but can any Bulls fan really feel comfortable with a squad that goes through significant scoring droughts, ESPECIALLY when Brewer/Korver are out there together?

Brewer is great defensively, but has little confidence in his outside shot and Korver is a defensive trainwreck that is totally dependent on running off screens that good defensive teams rarely allow.

They're good players to have during the regular season when all you ask for is a consistent effort (mixed in with how many absolutely shitty teams there are in the league right now) but I don't care for the regular season.

This team needs more offensive firepower off the bench. And there will be some good swingmen scorers available at the trade deadline.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brewer and Korver

Brewer has been crucial with Rip out but I see your point. Wouldn't mind packaging them for a solid two and give Jimmy more minutes.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah obviously you have a point, but this depends very much on who we are getting back, and if they can play defense as well as score. Because they provide both of those things. Versus Miami in the playoffs it's nice to have Brewer to throw at Wade and LBJ, if we get a shitty defender back and Rip cant play or Deng gets in foul trouble, whatever. I like having Brewer for that kind of occasion.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

I REALLY hope the rumored trades of Brewer for Matthews or Morrow happen. Brewer's defense at the 2 is solid, but with Rip back we desperately need scoring and spacing. Brewer can't provide that. When the playoffs hit and teams like the Heat basically 5 on 1 Derrick Rose we need a guy that can make them pay by hitting the 3's.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Brewer and Korver for Ray Allen. plz Boston?
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Wes Matthews would be a great addition to Chicago imo, if we could get him for Brewer and some change, then go for it.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Wes Matthews would be a great addition to Chicago imo, if we could get him for Brewer and some change, then go for it.

I like Wes Matthews too.
I have not have a chance to watch a ton of Houston games but last night vs the Clips made me still be impressed with Courtney Lee.
Yes, Chris Paul made a couple of great shots in OT, but Lee was pretty good too, staying in front of him most of the time he was assigned to guard him including the last posession in regulation.
For this year, Courtney is also shooting a good 40% from the 3pt line.
I can really imagine him helping the Bulls out, esp with his ability to stay infront vs very quick SG's like D Wade at the same time hitting those 3's on the offensive end. I also really like Afflalo but I know Denver won't give him up.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Wes Matthews would be a really good addition. Great overall shooting guard who could grow with DRose in our backcourt for a long time. Smart player. Plays hard. Good outside shooter. Would fit in perfectly. Not many other shooting guys I would prefer over him in his price range.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Both were good signings last summer when you consider how reasonable their contracts are, but can any Bulls fan really feel comfortable with a squad that goes through significant scoring droughts, ESPECIALLY when Brewer/Korver are out there together?

Brewer is great defensively, but has little confidence in his outside shot and Korver is a defensive trainwreck that is totally dependent on running off screens that good defensive teams rarely allow.

They're good players to have during the regular season when all you ask for is a consistent effort (mixed in with how many absolutely shitty teams there are in the league right now) but I don't care for the regular season.

This team needs more offensive firepower off the bench. And there will be some good swingmen scorers available at the trade deadline.

Besides Matthews and Morrow... what other swingmen have you heard might be available?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Korver and Brewer are great at sticking to their strengths and they really contribute to sticking to their role and doing it well for us, but a player that could be more of an overall threat and be balanced on both sides of the floor would be great. If I had to choose one I'd rather keep Korver. I think we need his shooting more than we need Brewer's defense. Korver's outside shooting is really valuable when teams are clogging the lane or trapping DRose.

It'd be tough to give up both, but I'd do it for the right deal.

In a deal with Portland i'd give them Korver and Brewer for Wes Matthews and Elliot Williams.

In a deal with New Jersey I'd give them Korver or Brewer for Morrow, but not both. If they wanted both i'd insist on Morrow and Stevenson.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: