Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Lebron wants Carmelo Anthony

All the "experts" seem down on this move, but personally I would gladly waive Ivica Zubac to bring in Carmelo Anthony.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lebron wants Carmelo Anthony

If he could accept a bench role he could still be a guy that would give a team 15ppg. I just don't see him as a fit here. There's not too many teams I see him as a fit for really. I wouldn't really want him taking minutes from Ingram or Kuzma. The Lakers already have Beasley who they barely use. He's a guy who can score better than Melo at this point and accepts his role off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    If he could accept a bench role he could still be a guy that would give a team 15ppg. I just don't see him as a fit here. There's not too many teams I see him as a fit for really. I wouldn't really want him taking minutes from Ingram or Kuzma. The Lakers already have Beasley who they barely use. He's a guy who can score better than Melo at this point and accepts his role off the bench.
    I agree with you. I don't think Melo is a good fit with Lakers.. He doesn't play defense, has poor attitude more often than not and is very streaky offensively.. If there is desire for veteran leadership, there are other players that could be had with less baggage and issues.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

This would have been a horrible move for the Lakers... plain and simple. Glad the front office agrees with me.

NBA All-star

The problem comes down to Lebron's 38 mil contract, their FA money is actually somewhat tied up.

So even if Lebron wanted Carmelo Anthony, it would be most ideal to wait till the off-season to complete the move if such move still deems desirable for the Lakers to compete

I still see Lakers trading their young assets for another '3rd option'. of course, the same logic can be applied here as to why not wait until the offseason, I'd argue, making a move now leaves a 2 team trade to become a potential 3 team trade prior to draft night, since it's no secret some teams aren't exactly marking their window as next year

NBA lottery pick

I look at what Kuzma has done over the last 10 games and he's not a young asset I'm willing to give up just yet. I'd move BI over him at this point. Kuzma seems to really be learning fast how to play with Lebron. I could see them trying to move Ball, Hart or even BI at this point but it would have to be for one of the big time star players that are in the rumors.

I look at what Kuzma has done over the last 10 games and he's not a young asset I'm willing to give up just yet. I'd move BI over him at this point. Kuzma seems to really be learning fast how to play with Lebron. I could see them trying to move Ball, Hart or even BI at this point but it would have to be for one of the big time star players that are in the rumors.
    I would agree with you. Kuzma could be a serious 3-and-D player who can play both 3 and 4. He would be perfect fit around LeBron and whoever else we add around him. Durant would be the perfect fit theoretically, followed closely by Kawhi, and last Klay. On paper, Klay would be the best fit (assuming we move Ingram and Hart for an elite big man), but I don

NBA lottery pick

Lonzo is the one that I'm starting to want to move the most. He's averaging 8.3ppg and 4.7apg right now. The Lakers could find a ton of players to do that. I say while he still has potential he may need to go. It's not looking good for him right now. He really needs to step it up. The chances keep going higher that he ends up a bust....

[QUOTE=bladefd]I would agree with you. Kuzma could be a serious 3-and-D player who can play both 3 and 4. He would be perfect fit around LeBron and whoever else we add around him. Durant would be the perfect fit theoretically, followed closely by Kawhi, and last Klay. On paper, Klay would be the best fit (assuming we move Ingram and Hart for an elite big man), but I don

NBA lottery pick

I don't see the Pelicans trying to move Davis yet either. And there certainly would be teams who could make a better offer. He will opt out after next season though. It won't make sense for him not to. So it's not like they have him locked up for 3 years. I just don't see them trying to move him this season. They would be smarter to try to sell him on how they will improve and build around him. Then if they get the feeling this off season that won't work they should try to get some assets for him. I could see Kemba being a Laker next season. He's a really under rated guy in the league. And yes at some point BI isn't going to have that "potential" thing going for him. They will have to consider pulling the trigger on a big time deal if one presents itself. We really need to hope that he finally takes it to the next level.

Lonzo is the one that I'm starting to want to move the most. He's averaging 8.3ppg and 4.7apg right now. The Lakers could find a ton of players to do that. I say while he still has potential he may need to go. It's not looking good for him right now. He really needs to step it up. The chances keep going higher that he ends up a bust....
    Depends on who we replace him with. I don't think someone like Rondo's overall impact can replace Lonzo. We will need a defensive pointguard who can also spread the floor.

As for Kemba.. Kemba doesn't play as good defense as Lonzo. Lonzo might actually make the all-defensive 2nd team very soon.
    I'm sure some of us wish we had pulled the trigger on Ingram for PG13 deal now, but it's all wishful thinking now. I really hope we can somehow land KD or Kawhi and make everything right
    You guys might be right about Anthony Davis and Pelicans unwilling to trade yet.. idk, he is leaving NO for certain so that's why they will move him sooner or later.
    Last edited by bladefd; 12-12-2018 at 06:32 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Agreed, I don't see why Davis would stay there for the long run. It's just not quite a Kyrie situation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I think with the recent comments of KD and Klay and other rumors about Kawhi and Butler not really interested to join the Lakers, I have a feeling Magic will go after other stars like Lillard or Kemba.
    Portland has going in the wrong direction and it's not going to change unless they make drastic changes. Both players are short to Luke's liking but they are very reliable. Magic also needs to realize that Ingram's value is going down and if he waits too long, he'll be next to useless.
    I am having a hard time believing the Davis rumors esp because he has 3 years remaining on this contract. There's just too many things need to happen like Pelicans severely struggling AND they are in love with Ingram and/or Kuzma etc.
    Couple thoughts..

Kemba will want max money.. He is very good, but is he worth max money??

As for Lillard, he has been horrendous in playoffs. He feels too much like a regular season player who disappears once playoffs begin. Ala Lowry, DeRozan and bit like Harden.. I wonder about paying him max only to watch that performance repeat here too like in Portland

NBA lottery pick

No doubt Kemba gets the max. He's averaging almost 26ppg and 6apg. He shoots outside pretty decent and fits the game today well. Charlotte is at .500 and first place in their conference. I would bet most people couldn't name more than a couple other people on that roster. It's pretty bad outside of him. So he can carry a team. Definitely worth looking at.

No doubt Kemba gets the max. He's averaging almost 26ppg and 6apg. He shoots outside pretty decent and fits the game today well. Charlotte is at .500 and first place in their conference. I would bet most people couldn't name more than a couple other people on that roster. It's pretty bad outside of him. So he can carry a team. Definitely worth looking at.
    Actually Kemba has been in a pretty bad slump the past 10 games or so.
    Take away the the 3 games where he scored 60 pts and 2 other 40 pt night and his average drops significantly.
    This season he only has averaged 34% from the 3pt area but the guy is very good attacker to the paint.
    And yes I checked Lillards playoff stats. Bladefd is right too. The past 3 years Dame has been less than great. Still, as a 2nd option, I think they will help the Lakers significantly moving forward.