Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default What if??

Okay...before you go off on me...this topic is just to stir the board up and get people thinking... what if??? Again! I'm not saying this will happen, or can't/can happen...it's just a question...

Would you as a Raptor Fan complete this trade..(keep an open mind or you could roll with laughter...it's up to you..)

Farmar and Kobe Bryant

for

TJ Ford and Chris Bosh

We would have Jose to start for us.... still have Anthony Parker, Bargs, Nesterovic, Bryant ..

Our Bench..

Farmar
Garbo
Maceo
Humps
Kapono
Delfino
Graham
etc...

Lakers stay happy with two future all stars...in Bosh and Ford...
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
RapsFan
Good college starter

Default Re: What if??

Of course we would do that in a fictional world. Jose is arguably better then TJ and it would allow Bargs to play and flourish at his natural position. We would win the east with that lineup easily.

Jose
Parker
Bryant
Bargs
Rasho

Sick bench still.....Farmer, Dixon, Garbs, Humphries, Delfino, Kapono, Baston
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It's a fair deal IMO although I don't think much of Farmar or his potential.

1. Kobe
2. Bosh
3. Ford
4. Farmar

Farmar is a distant 4th IMO out of those players.

The Raptors new lineup would be:

Calderon - Farmar
Kobe - Delfino
Parker - Kapono
Bargnani - Garbajosa
Rasho - Humphries

That is a VERY poor rebounding starting lineup, easily the worst in the league IMO. Still a pretty good overall team though but giving up 2 good young players like Bosh and Ford might be a bit much. It really depends on Bargnani's development but I see him as never being as good as Bosh.

The Lakers would have instantly rebuilt their team while still being a playoff contender with Ford, Vujacic? (OUCH), Odom, Bosh, Bynum and Walton off the bench. If Bynum can develop into a decent C, that is a very good frontcourt.

I'll say no for now because I think Ford and Bosh will continue to develop into great players but it's like 52%-48& no for me, very close.

Quote:
Jose is arguably better then TJ
That's where I differ on this deal. TJ to me right now is better and has far more potential as well. Were this deal Calderon/Bosh or Ford/Bargnani then I'd do it in an instant.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 09-18-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Absolutely not.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
RapsFan
Good college starter

The reason I would in a second is because we're a horribel defense team. At least getting Kobe gives us a premier defensive player. If Bosh was a good interior defender, then maybe I would hesitate. Bosh is our franchise player, but he needs to play a lot bigger and getting the best player in the league, when our drop off in PG wouldn't be huge, is a no brainer. Again, if we didn't have Bargs to play the 4 (his ideal position) and a great backup PG then no I don't think I would. In this case, we have replacements for both Bosh and TJ ready for larger roles, add Kobe....no brainer.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
bonez26
Local High School Star

Never...I wiould never want a headcase like Kobe ...and especially not at the cost of Bosh...Ford and what ever else..but never Bosh.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
Basketballer
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
Never...I wiould never want a headcase like Kobe ...and especially not at the cost of Bosh...Ford and what ever else..but never Bosh.

i agree...no deal!! kobe is too much work to handle

ps. Basketballers checkout my LENSE :P
Basketballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

If we had to give up both Bosh and Ford, I wouldn't want it.

If it was Kobe and sayyy.. Andrew Bynum? I'd THINK about it, but still probably a no, since he has yet to prove anything to me.

I don't think people realize Bosh's true value. He'll never average 30ppg and his rebounds will always be around 10 per, but he's a solid star. I think any team would be happy to have Bosh as their number 1 player.

He's an overall good player (could work on his defense though) who shoots a high percentage, is a true and natural leader, and doesn't cry about anything.

Give me a 23/10 up and coming power forward along with a 15/8 up and coming point guard over a 30/5/5 shooting guard in his prime, who would probably ***** and complain about being traded to Toronto anyway.

If the Raptors had the veteran pieces on their roster that would allow them to be a Top 3 contender in the league if they could trade Bosh/Ford for Kobe, then I'd do it. These Raptors are built for the future trading away their core would hurt the growth.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: