Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: European teams summer signings

Bojan Dubljevic signed 3 years long contract with Valencia

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    There are rumors that Dusko Vujosevic will became head coach of Partizan once again . I also read that if that happens Vlada Jovanovic ( Partizan head coach in last 2 years ) will sign with Lietvus Ritas and that Ritas already offerd 250 000 € to Dominic James ( played for Aris , came to Partizan in middle of this season ) but few days ago he said he wants to stay in Partizan and will talk with his agent aboute that .
    How much was he making in Partizan? Seems odd. He supposedly left Aris for more money. But he was supposedly making something like $300,000 net in Aris and was said to have got it all paid in one lump sum before he even played.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    How much was he making in Partizan? Seems odd. He supposedly left Aris for more money. But he was supposedly making something like $300,000 net in Aris and was said to have got it all paid in one lump sum before he even played.
    James left Aris because he didnt get paid . I don't know how much did he got paid in Partizan but I heard it's more than he got in Aris .

Jasikevicius might become new head coach od PAO .

James left Aris because he didnt get paid . I don't know how much did he got paid in Partizan but I heard it's more than he got in Aris .
    So is he a low character guy? Because Aris had FIBA show that they had paid him salary before he even played games. So then he just lied about that?

I would not re-sign him if I was Partizan.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-21-2012 at 06:21 PM.

So is he a low character guy? Because Aris had FIBA show that they had paid him all his salary before he even played a game. So then he just lied about that?

I would not re-sign him if I was Partizan.
    He said he didn't get paid , Aris said he did so they went to FIBA and FIBA decided that James was telling truth and his contract was termenated . I think he's a good guy , he always says good things aboute his teammates and staff and they do same for him. He got injured in game 2 of finals and everyone thought he wouldnt play and even though he didnt even practice in 5 days before the game he insisted that plays . Whats even more impresive is that at the time he didnt got paid for last 2 monhts . I especeted something like that from Milosavljevic who did the same thing as James but he is domestic player not some forginer

He said he didn't get paid , Aris said he did so they went to FIBA and FIBA decided that James was telling truth and his contract was termenated . I think he's a good guy , he always says good things aboute his teammates and staff and they do same for him. He got injured in game 2 of finals and everyone thought he wouldnt play and even though he didnt even practice in 5 days before the game he insisted that plays . Whats even more impresive is that at the time he didnt got paid for last 2 monhts . I especeted something like that from Milosavljevic who did the same thing as James but he is domestic player not some forginer
    The way I understood is that he left Aris AFTER they paid him for games he had not played yet. He had gotten his money ahead of time for games.

So when he did not show up for the team anymore of course any money he might have been owed would not come or be cut off or whatever.

Something does not add up here. FIBA can't order a team to pay a player when he refuses to join the team.

This really makes no sense, because when James signed with Aris there were articles saying he only agreed to sign because he got paid money up front......

I don't understand how he can get paid up front, then file a complaint when the team decided to not paying further money, after he had since stopped being a member of the team because he left the team without telling anyone.

If FIBA really found in favor of him that is really odd. It just makes me wonder, because when I see that he is thinking of playing for 250K euros in Rytas, when he was said to have got 300K dollars up front or would not agree to sign with Aris.

I remember that Aris management was mad as hell when he left the team and never even told anyone and they didn't even know where he want.

That all sounds really strange. Because the story was that he left Aris because Partizan gave him more money. But if that is so, then why would he be only asking for 250K euros to play in Euroleague? Because he was asking for what would have been 215K euros up front to sign with Aris?

Maybe Aris lied, but that seems a stretch to me. Considering that a sponsor supposedly paid for his salary. Does FIBA even have control over that?

If Aris really lied that much to the media about what happened with him, then I don't even know what to say about Aris owners.....
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-21-2012 at 06:31 PM.

The way I understood is that he left Aris AFTER they paid him for games he had not played yet. He had gotten his money ahead of time for games.

So when he did not show up for the team anymore of course any money he might have been owed would not come or be cut off or whatever.

Something does not add up here. FIBA can't order a team to pay a player when he refuses to join the team.

This really makes no sense, because when James signed with Aris there were articles saying he only agreed to sign because he got paid money up front......

I don't understand how he can get paid up front, then file a complaint when the team decided to not paying further money, after he had since stopped being a member of the team because he left the team without telling anyone.

If FIBA really found in favor of him that is really odd. It just makes me wonder, because when I see that he is thinking of playing for 250K euros in Rytas, when he was said to have got 300K dollars up front or would not agree to sign with Aris.

I remember that Aris management was mad as hell when he left the team and never even told anyone and they didn't even know where he want.

That all sounds really strange. Because the story was that he left Aris because Partizan gave him more money. But if that is so, then why would he be only asking for 250K euros to play in Euroleague? Because he was asking for what would have been 215K euros up front to sign with Aris?

Maybe Aris lied, but that seems a stretch to me. Considering that a sponsor supposedly paid for his salary. Does FIBA even have control over that?

If Aris really lied that much to the media about what happened with him, then I don't even know what to say about Aris owners.....
    Even before James left Aris FIBA decided that Aris can't registre new players because of their debt , thats why they didn't want to let James go . So Aris probably lied aboute paying him .

Nikola Milutinov signed with Partizan .

Rumors are that if Lorbek leaves Barcelona they want Velickovic to be his replacement .

Sammy Mejia signed with Banvit . Nemanja Nedovic signed with Lietvus Ritas .

Apparently, CSKA, Fenerbahce, and Efes all have made big offers to Printezis, and the Knicks supposedly also want him.

Apparently, CSKA, Fenerbahce, and Efes all have made big offers to Printezis, and the Knicks supposedly also want him.
    I heard that CSKA wants Erceg .

I heard that CSKA wants Erceg .
    I hear a lot of names for them. Honestly, Messina did awful with Real Madrid. I don't know why they hired him.

Barca is interested in Spanoulis who , since Ivkovic said he is leaving , whants to go somewhere else . There are rumors that PAO wants Zdovc or Bodiroga as their new coach . Bodiroga is vice president of Serbian basketball association and he doesn't have any experience as a coach so I think it's not going to happen .