Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has an OK reputation so far
Default Any Chance Lakers Replace Mike Brown with Jeff Van Gundy or Rick Adelman?

Realistically speaking, Jeff Van Gundy is my 1st pick. 2nd pick would be Adelman if he somehow gets out of Minny.

Listening to his national tv broadcasts, JVG is a big Miami Heat/Lebron James homer. The guy basically knows the team inside out and seems to have pretty good coaching knowledge. This could be very advantageous for the Lakers assuming the Heat make it to the finals again. He knows exactly how to exploit their weaknesses. We need a coach that knows how to play and make good adjustments against elite teams.

Adelman is an easy pick. Long time Lakers fans have seen what he has done in Sacramento with the Kings taking the Lakers to the brink in those 3 peat years, just an amazing offensive coach. Then what he's done with the Wolves last season. If we could somehow pry him out of Minny that'd be great.

I haven't heard much talk or heat directed at Mike Brown this offseason. Does that mean he's staying put? Brown basically does not know how to run an offense, and his defensive approach got exposed by the Thunder and Nuggets in the playoffs as we all saw.

So have you guys heard any news regarding the coaching staff and potential changes? Lettuce discuss.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Any Chance Lakers Replace Mike Brown with Jeff Van Gundy or Rick Adelman?

Eh, premature right now because he's going to stay this season...Unless we start of 0-10 lol.

In retrospect, Adelman would have been the easy answer. Mike Brown has much to prove. We've seen plenty of coaches thrive in the regular season, and then lose in the playoffs due to lack of experience.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Any Chance Lakers Replace Mike Brown with Jeff Van Gundy or Rick Adelman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Realistically speaking, Jeff Van Gundy is my 1st pick. 2nd pick would be Adelman if he somehow gets out of Minny.

Listening to his national tv broadcasts, JVG is a big Miami Heat/Lebron James homer. The guy basically knows the team inside out and seems to have pretty good coaching knowledge. This could be very advantageous for the Lakers assuming the Heat make it to the finals again. He knows exactly how to exploit their weaknesses. We need a coach that knows how to play and make good adjustments against elite teams.

Adelman is an easy pick. Long time Lakers fans have seen what he has done in Sacramento with the Kings taking the Lakers to the brink in those 3 peat years, just an amazing offensive coach. Then what he's done with the Wolves last season. If we could somehow pry him out of Minny that'd be great.

I haven't heard much talk or heat directed at Mike Brown this offseason. Does that mean he's staying put? Brown basically does not know how to run an offense, and his defensive approach got exposed by the Thunder and Nuggets in the playoffs as we all saw.

So have you guys heard any news regarding the coaching staff and potential changes? Lettuce discuss.

I'd take half the posters on here as coach over Mike Brown......even Lakerfreak

Brown is staying put because idiot son Jimmy Buss thinks he did a "Great" job
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.

Mike Brown will be back next year. If he was going to get fired it would of already been done.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'd take half the posters on here as coach over Mike Brown......even Lakerfreak

Brown is staying put because idiot son Jimmy Buss thinks he did a "Great" job

You're too much man. I do have a good defensive thing going with my team, but they all have long arms so perhaps I am just blessed. A zone defense with a bunch of long arm guys couldn't even let 3 point shooters get off in our game.

However I am waiting on the magic to see if I got their GM job.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

You're too much man. I do have a good defensive thing going with my team, but they all have long arms so perhaps I am just blessed. A zone defense with a bunch of long arm guys couldn't even let 3 point shooters get off in our game.

However I am waiting on the magic to see if I got their GM job.

Cool, I'm glad you have your team rolling

If the Magic say ok, please do a Jerry West for us and give us Dwight for MWP and Blake
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Cool, I'm glad you have your team rolling

If the Magic say ok, please do a Jerry West for us and give us Dwight for MWP and Blake

I'll see what I can do. But like a wise man (kuptchak) always used to say, I couldn't just waive the magic wand and make a huge trade
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: