Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Athletes signing autographs..

Anyone here actually got an NBA player to sign anything for them? It's a good way to see if they're nice people or assholes.. I've heard of certain players who tries to sign as much as possible (Durant) and others who rarely sign.

Here's a few videos of fans trying to get signatures from famous players

Kobe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYJNacqn0qo

Lebron:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyc806V8Hq4

D-Rose:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Nrp-_NMl8

feel free to share other videos

Default Re: Athletes signing autographs..

Ive never asked or wanted a signature in my life. I don't get it. Whats so great about having something with an athletes signature. What am I gonna do with it? Just stare at it?

You have a very unhealthy obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Ive never asked or wanted a signature in my life. I don't get it. Whats so great about having something with an athletes signature. What am I gonna do with it? Just stare at it?
    Just something to collect I guess. We watch so much of these players, it's a special feeling to have it. But I agree.. if I have one, it'll be most likely so that I can show my friends and be proud of it.

my man AI doesn't disappoint:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgqO1BUwoBU

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Man kingwillball really wanted that autograph from Lebron

Did you here him say "please Lebron I suck your dick on ISH"

You should do the All Star Jam session if if come to your town. Went to the one in Orlando for all star weekend.

Was there only on Saturday but got Autographs from Andre Iguodola, Blake Griffin,, LaMarcus Aldridge and John Starks.

Missed Howard and the Day before Melo, CP3 and others were there.

Best part is the activities at the convention center. I did decent in the 3point shooting and various things going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagouch
    You should do the All Star Jam session if if come to your town. Went to the one in Orlando for all star weekend.

Was there only on Saturday but got Autographs from Andre Iguodola, Blake Griffin,, LaMarcus Aldridge and John Starks.

Missed Howard and the Day before Melo, CP3 and others were there.

Best part is the activities at the convention center. I did decent in the 3point shooting and various things going on.
    sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    sounds awesome
    it's mad fun bro. Probably taking my son again to New Orleans next year or if not in NYC the following year.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Anyone here actually got an NBA player to sign anything for them? It's a good way to see if they're nice people or assholes.. I've heard of certain players who tries to sign as much as possible (Durant) and others who rarely sign.

Here's a few videos of fans trying to get signatures from famous players

Kobe:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYJNacqn0qo

Lebron:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyc806V8Hq4

D-Rose:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Nrp-_NMl8

feel free to share other videos
    I have never asked for one myself but I have seen almost all the superstars interaction with fans asking for autographs. You are absolutely right that Kevin Durant is an angel. He will sign an autograph for anyone regardless of how tired he is. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are absolute *****. Lebron James is the one who surprised me the most. I expected him to be horrible but he turned out to be quite amenable. As long as he did not have a bad game, Lebron will stop and sign autographs and take pictures. He will even answer dumb questions.

Generally speaking, my observation has been that most players don't sign autographs after bad games except for a few very nice guys (Durant and Pau Gasol) but even players who have a reputation as good guys will not be signing autographs if they stunk it up

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

I don't get the obsession with autographs, I really don't, taking a photo with the guy makes more sense on the other hand it's even more intrusive.
    If I saw one of those guys I'd maybe say 'Hi' very awkwardly and continue with my day.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan2046
    Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are absolute *****. Lebron James is the one who surprised me the most. I expected him to be horrible but he turned out to be quite amenable. As long as he did not have a bad game, Lebron will stop and sign autographs and take pictures. He will even answer dumb questions.

You weren't supposed to write this in this thread

Banned

Never understood it. Sure they want fans to be happy and continue stanning but it's stupid from a business perspective. You waste time and if you are fair you would have to sign millions of autographs. What do fans do with these? Many of them sell them to profit from an autographed item. Sure some keep them forever but again it's stupid business. Their time is money at least more than ever in their prime days.

They go from city to city to city, practice to game to hotel. Then they get bombarded every time they're out eating dinner to take photos and sign stuff. If you really want it, I'm sure you can buy them. Companies have them sit for a whole day just signing stuff. Stalking stars, harassing them on their daily trying to get a freebie is lame.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    You weren't supposed to write this in this thread
    Sorry.

I guess you guys have new standards

Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan2046
    I have never asked for one myself but I have seen almost all the superstars interaction with fans asking for autographs. You are absolutely right that Kevin Durant is an angel. He will sign an autograph for anyone regardless of how tired he is. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are absolute *****. Lebron James is the one who surprised me the most. I expected him to be horrible but he turned out to be quite amenable. As long as he did not have a bad game, Lebron will stop and sign autographs and take pictures. He will even answer dumb questions.

Generally speaking, my observation has been that most players don't sign autographs after bad games except for a few very nice guys (Durant and Pau Gasol) but even players who have a reputation as good guys will not be signing autographs if they stunk it up
    That's very interesting. Was this after the games or near the hotels? For the megastars I could understand a little, it's been years and years of fans shouting at them and begging everyday, but I thought someone like Chris Bosh would be more friendly and willing. I saw another video of many heat role players (before decision) all signing and I thought that was pretty cool.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

George gervin signed my ball and took a jumper with it in the 80s. I still have it.