Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Iguodala Wants 6 years/75 mil

According to Comcast Sportsnet-Philly. Deng and Okafor have driven his price up. That's why I wanted the Sixers to get this deal done before those 2. Supposedly Iguodala's agent, Rob Pelinka, believes that Andre is the 2nd best player of the '04 draft class behind Dwight Howard. I'd like to see him get a Monta Ellis deal.

No way is he worth over 12 mil. But after Deng/Okafor got their big deals, I'd be surprised to see him not get it.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Iguodala Wants 6 years/75 mil

No way......can you say sign/trade. He's got to understand it is a little harder to get a decent big than a 2/3. You pay a premium for those guys. i'd do a
6yr 55-60 mil deal max!
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
No way......can you say sign/trade. He's got to understand it is a little harder to get a decent big than a 2/3. You pay a premium for those guys. i'd do a
6yr 55-60 mil deal max!
Nooo. No sign and trade. You NEVER EVER get back equal value. Salaries only have to match within 50%. Remember Rashard Lewis got traded for a 2nd round pick and a trade exception via sign and trade? That's not an option. And he's worth more than 55-60. But the Sixers definately didn't want to have to reach 70. Lookin for more in the 65-68 range.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

would ben gordon be so terrible? or michael redd?

Last edited by mln03 : 07-31-2008 at 02:00 PM.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

As predicted he is asking for too much money. Ah... I wonder if Iggy is really convinced he is worth that much (independently from what he is asking). That's franchise player money, and as we've gone over and over, Iggy isn't a franchise player.

Sign and trade would be terrible as Posterize says. You never get equal value. Often not even close to it.

Redd, Gordon would leave the Sixers overloaded in their backcourt. Guess it would come up to which other players are involved in the hypothetical trade.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
would ben gordon be so terrible? or michael redd?
You wouldn't get those kind of guys. If you look to sign and trade you have no leverage in the trade because every team knows you're looking to deal. They're gonna lowball you to death. When you trade players the salaries have to match within 15% of eachother. When you sign and trade, they only have to match up within 50%. So if you sign Iggy for 12 mil, the player you get back is probably making 6 mil, or maybe its a 4 mil and 2 mil combo of guys. Somebody making that low of a salary isn't going to be worth Iggy's value.

Look at the history of it. Rashard Lewis was sent to the Magic via sign and trade for a 2nd round pick and a trade exception. Eddy Curry was sent to the Knicks via sign and trade for an old Antonio Davis and Michael Sweetney. Keyon Dooling just went to the Nets for a trade exception and cash. Joe Johnson went to the Hawks via sign and trade for Boris Diaw.

We'd never get a good enough offer to pull the trigger. And yeah Ben Gordon would be a horrible deal. We've already got Lou and Willie who can play the 2 and are undersized. Don't need a 3rd one of those.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
You wouldn't get those kind of guys. If you look to sign and trade you have no leverage in the trade because every team knows you're looking to deal. They're gonna lowball you to death. When you trade players the salaries have to match within 15% of eachother. When you sign and trade, they only have to match up within 50%. So if you sign Iggy for 12 mil, the player you get back is probably making 6 mil, or maybe its a 4 mil and 2 mil combo of guys. Somebody making that low of a salary isn't going to be worth Iggy's value.

Look at the history of it. Rashard Lewis was sent to the Magic via sign and trade for a 2nd round pick and a trade exception. Eddy Curry was sent to the Knicks via sign and trade for an old Antonio Davis and Michael Sweetney. Keyon Dooling just went to the Nets for a trade exception and cash. Joe Johnson went to the Hawks via sign and trade for Boris Diaw.

We'd never get a good enough offer to pull the trigger. And yeah Ben Gordon would be a horrible deal. We've already got Lou and Willie who can play the 2 and are undersized. Don't need a 3rd one of those.
So in other words we a. keep him or b. try to deal him because I can't see anyway he gets 72 mil.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: