Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Am I the only one who remembers he has a son?

My favorite line was Debra saying "I'm the worst ****ing detective in the world."

The problem with using Laguerta is that she's so freaking unlikable at this point as a character that Dexter killing her (if he had to) would elicit the wrong reaction.

Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?
    Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.

Episode 3 was an awesome ****ing episode..

So Dexter's gonna go down for the computer geek's murder.

I almost fapped when that girl opened her mouth so Dexter could swab her cheek.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.
    I think the reason Deb's trying to "fix" Dexter is because she's in love with him. I don't believe the show has backed off that at all. It's immature, and stupid, and there's no way she doesn't know better, and the way she's going about it makes me want to stab her in the face, but look at what she's getting out of this.

Dexter is with her all the time, he has to listen to her, and he has to talk to her. She's got everything an obsessed lover could want, except sex.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.
    One thought I had watching the episode last night is that it feels like older seasons again because Dexter is under the microscope again and is going back his **** it ill do what I want ways, while trying to avoid being caught.

That and the fact that there is so much going and so many scenarios that can completely ruin his life that he doesn't know about coming to fruition that as a viewer I'm kind of on edge a little bit.

NBA rookie of the year

The Russian is quickly becoming one of best villains on the show. Dexter's biggest threat since Doakes.

I like this show.

Good episode tonight..

I hope I'm not the only one who still watches this show. Tonights episode was amazing.

This season finnaly seems like the bounce back the show needed. Definetely the best since Season 4.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.
    I agree with everything you said. Especially with the Russian guy. When he was in prison for killing all of the guys in the bar, I was thinking ohshit dex is in trouble, this guy is a mean dude. But they ended up working together, even though I was expecting a big showdown. But I am excited to see how close Laguerta gets to Dex.