Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #31
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Default Re: Was Abdul-Rauf blacklisted from NBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
you are so fvkking dumb it's not even funny.

it's not the first time i have to explain something to you like a 5th grader.

Your low IQ doesnít enable you to even comprehend the words of the pledge of allegiance. You arenít explaining anything to anyone.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #32
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
egokiller, if you are serious and not trolling...

If America was "under God"---they'd be in submission to God and obeying God in all circumstances and recognizing that God's rules override man-made rules.

But the U.S. Constitution and the people ratifying the Amendments and Laws do not recognize that authority. Rather, they usurp it.

America is under God.

All men are sinful in nature, hence the reason why you are left with America in its present state. To think that by standing and saying the pledge of allegiance that you are somehow defying God or saying that a flag is above God is very elementary level and misinformed thinking.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #33
coin24
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Who said that standing up for the flag and saying the pledge of allegiance means you still don't put God above everything?

What a podunk backwards fvcked up way of thinking.

You literally look like a fuccboi by not standing because the pledge clearly says "under God", not above him. Who's going to hire a fuccboi that is not doing the very thing that he claims his religion tells him to do? Exactly. Hence the reason why no one hired Abdul-Rauf.

Basically this.

No one wants to deal with a fanatical religious nut if they don't have to.

All the idiot had to do is stand there and be quiet for a minute and he'd have a successful career but instead has to relate it to religion and bulshit and make a fool of himself for no reason..
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #34
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
correctomundo

i declined to stand for the pledge of allegiance in grade school. got sent to the vice principal's office but they were not allowed to punish me for it.
Honestly this is bullshit, no one gave a crap about that as kids. Especially back then.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #35
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Basically this.

No one wants to deal with a fanatical religious nut if they don't have to.

All the idiot had to do is stand there and be quiet for a minute and he'd have a successful career but instead has to relate it to religion and bulshit and make a fool of himself for no reason..

And what makes the whole situation laughable is that he didnít even correctly interpret why he wasnít standing. Dudebro flat out pretended that the phrase ďunder godĒ wasnít part of the pledge.

Basically someone practicing his religion fed him a line of shit without explaining to him that if you do this, be aware of the consequences. You have the freedom to not stand, but donít be shocked when everyone looks at you like youíre a moron for not doing so and it results in you not getting picked up.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #36
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I dunno about Muslim extremist. He isn't that. I went to an event where he spoke, what a great speaker.

But not standing did him in.

yea I feel bad about being young and getting played by the media. I always liked his style, but I never understood why dude wouldn't just stand for the ****ing anthem and tbh I don't even think the muslim part was a huge thing in the narrative, it was just him not standing, being defiant. They made it seem like, to me at least, he was being defiant and using religion as an excuse. It wasn't like now when he was A TERRORIST/extremist or w/e.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #37
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Not a good look highwhey...you're parents left their homeland to provide you opportunities they didn't have in Mexico and you come off as an ungrateful punk.

I moved to Mexico because me and my family are doing well here, I also have the option of moving back to the States if we ever have the need too, I respect the US with all it's faults, no country is perfect. To not show respect for your family's new home is pretty low IMO.
born and raised here. saying the pledge is dumb as ****. stopped saying it in highschool
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #38
nightlight
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Honestly this is bullshit, no one gave a crap about that as kids. Especially back then.
Honestly it's not bullshit. Alan was raised Jehovah's Witness. It's no coincidence that he's struggling to find out who he is, and his sister had a debilitating mental breakdown, after leaving that cult.
nightlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #39
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Just like so many Christian whites.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: