Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why Is LeBron So Bad In The Finals?

LeBron always plays like garbage in the finals... Why is that? Can anyone tell me why this is and why people consider him one of the GOAT if he cannot finish?

Default Re: Why Is LeBron So Bad In The Finals?

He is mentally weak and an overall dumb player.

Once his body begins to break down, he will be irrelevant unlike true greats who actually know the game like Tim Duncan, Shaq, or Kobe...

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Lebron could be playing better, but i think Pop is doing a great job on him.

Im just glad he isn't playing as bad as Kobe would in the finals.

Easy. LeBron has no go to move. Teams have more time to focus and make a strategy to deny Bron his easy points. Even though LBJ's jumper has improved, he is still not an elite midrange player and his post game is really limited. That's why teams will pack the paint and give him his j, he just doesn't knock em down at a decent enough clip to open up driving lanes. If there ever was a "most overrated superstar player in NBA history", it's LeBron. Not hating, look at his FG% when you take away his restricted area shots and his regular season stats compared to his Finals stats. Superstars are suppossed to be better in the big stage, James is the opposite.

The Heat might still win this series but don't expect James to be the catalyst, it will be his teammates carrying his ass in game 6 and 7.
    Last edited by TheMan; 06-17-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    kobe has won 5 of them though...
    3 doesn't count as Shaq carried Kobe and could have done it with LeBron, TMac, etc.

- Focus on individual stats
    - Only take the easiest shots
    - Advanced stats love me
    - Face tougher defenses and better coached teams in the Finals
    -Schemes and players take away the easy shots
    -Left with makeable jump shots for an average wing player
    -LeBron doesn't like taking those, is unconfident and passes to other wings with either no jumpshots or no driving threat
    -Gets the ball back later in the shot clock and still doesn't want to take the open jump shots so just crashed towards the rim

Learning to shoot layups

It is a shame that today's best and biggest star seems to lose all confidence when it matters most. LeBron dominates in every facet of the game at all points of the season right up to the finals and if they lose this one, thats 2 huge chokejobs that I don't think he can mentally recover from.

When he gets close to the finish line and all the pressure is on, he is visibly uncomfortable and off his game and it seems the only reason he performed at such a high level last year was because he was playing against his summer work out buddy in Durant.

I hope he pulls off a Boston gm 6 otherwise, the hate is gonna be so strong and legitimate that not even the stans can defend him.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Easy. LeBron has no go to move. Teams have more time to focus and make a strategy to deny Bron his easy points. Even though LBJ's jumper has improved, he is still not an elite midrange player and his post game is really limited. That's why teams will pack the paint and give him his j, he just doesn't knock em down at a decent enough clip to open up driving lanes. If there ever was a "most overrated superstar player in NBA history", it's LeBron. Not hating, look at his FG% when you take away his restricted area shots. It's atrocious. The Heat might still win this series but don't expect James to be the catalyst, it will be his teammates carrying his ass in game 6 and 7.

The dude is scared.. He has had plenty of easy shots where he has missed them.. THAT IS ALL.. It has nothing to do with his game.. Lebron does look tired but I believe its because he is scared.. That is just the truth...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    the difference is, Kobe found other ways to win in the finals, while lebron still trying to stat pad.

I AGREE... Kobe also never been passive like Lebron..

the difference is, Kobe found other ways to win in the finals, while lebron still trying to stat pad.
    Exactly.

Kobe's knowledge of the game is light years ahead of LeBron's. It would be like if Kobe was a High School Senior, LeBron would be a 4th grader.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin416
    It is a shame that today's best and biggest star seems to lose all confidence when it matters most. LeBron dominates in every facet of the game at all points of the season right up to the finals and if they lose this one, thats 2 huge chokejobs that I don't think he can mentally recover from.

When he gets close to the finish line and all the pressure is on, he is visibly uncomfortable and off his game and it seems the only reason he performed at such a high level last year was because he was playing against his summer work out buddy in Durant.

I hope he pulls off a Boston gm 6 otherwise, the hate is gonna be so strong and legitimate that not even the stans can defend him.

TODAYS TOP PLAYERS ARE OVERRATED... I have written this about 1000 times this year...

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Yeah, and his name was prime Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin416

But he's already a better player than MJ ever was

Good High School Starter

Mentally exhausted from carrying his team through an extremely weak eastern conference.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Exactly.

Kobe's knowledge of the game is light years ahead of LeBron's. It would be like if Kobe was a High School Senior, LeBron would be a 4th grader.

It has nothing to do with Knowledge.. All about THE FIRE THEY HAVE WITHIN... Lebron has a candle and its easily put out...
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 06-17-2013 at 12:04 PM.