Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: 16-year-old boy killed four people while driving drunk

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    FYI the same judge in the story sentenced a 14 year old black kid to 10 years for punching a guy who later later died in an unprovoked attack.
    Thinking about it more, that judge needs to be looked into for being overly lenient.

I'm guessing this was a case of Knockout right?

Where the 14 year old randomly chose an old man walking down the street and punched him for shit and giggles?

The guy got knocked out hit the ground and died from the brain trauma is what I am guessing.

10 years for that seems way too light for me. he probably stole 30 years at least from that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Hell no I have zero desire to be an elected public official.

Vengeance doesn't get anybody anywhere, it doesn't ever really heal any loss of the heart for the families. It is a temporary resonance mostly that just adheres to the primal side of human beings. What's done is done and nothing can change that void for the surviving relatives. I really don't have any compassion for the drunk teenager, you're implying that I think he should be consoled and hugged for his life-altering mistake because he was young and dumb. I don't think that at all. I just think it's irresponsible and a downright lazy mentality to think he should be killed for this, no matter how horrific and angering his actions are.

I would like to think as human beings we continue to evolve and improve instead of clinging to Dark Ages mentality when handling wrongdoers. I guess you approve of a static nature of society. I guess it's all good to you since lethal injections have replaced beheadings, crucifixions, hangings, firing squads etc. but the mentality is the same as the primitive. Mankind just repeats its nature over and over and over again, whether or not its really given the real victims (families) any peace. Calling for blood as often as you seem to is funny because I doubt people like you (mob mentality pitchforkers) who yearn for the scalps of perps while not having any direct connection to the incident don't lose any sleep over these things. Yet you want to stamp the punctuation on someone's existence when this will be out of your mind in the near future. Funny.

Enjoy thinking primitive
    I understand what you're saying my dude, but stop trying to act superior. How is your opinion better than his? Every situation is different, the thought of a death penalty isn't primitive, it's just that person's opinion. Talking about the damn dark ages.....

Fair enough viewpoint. I can see where I went a tad overboard, I just think humans have a tendency to cling onto a basic, fundamental mindset when inconsolable tragedies occur. The things that really make no sense or have any rhyme or reason to the tragedy. It's always a bad look when we pack like drones and want blood for something that really doesn't affect us personally, regardless of how angry it makes us momentarily, our lives aren't the ones forever changed.

Sry everyone for coming off like a holier than thou douche. I guess at the end of the day, our species and the individuals that makeup the population are really all just full of shit and we are all hypocrites. Some are finite hypocrites, some are blatant hypocrites but we all are full of shit to some degree. No matter how much we wish to be progressive and self aware.

Myself included no doubt.
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 12-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I thought 17 was legal adult age...I didn't think 16 year-olds could even go to prison

he looks like he is 80 lbs, that kid would just be a sex rag doll in prison
    White people these days

Black and other minority teens have been getting tried as adults for years....this isnt something new