Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Another ESPN with BC and [their] thoughts about what's going to happen b4 feb 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
to get Marion.. we have to give up Napoleon Dynamite (Bargnani) + Parker
Add Kapono too and even then you don't have equal contracts.

Marion is impossible to obtain.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
ejeezy
I airball my layups

ejeezy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Another ESPN with BC and [their] thoughts about what's going to happen b4 feb 19th.

Trading for marion would be amazing, wed be incredible for the next few seasons. Although our window for winning becomes incredibly small.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #18
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Out of all those players, Raps should go after Nocioni. The guy is a beast. Not only is he a all around offensive player, hes also an amazing defender. He reminds me of Ron Artest without the mental case.

But what are they going to offer the Bulls? I dont mind Raps giving up a first rounder for him. Realistically, Raps are going to pick around the 20th pick, which isnt so good.

Alternatively, Raps should offer the Bulls something like Kapono and Hump plus cash/2nd rounders for Nocioni

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4&te =&cash=

Calderon
Parker
Nocioni
Bosh
JO
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Nocioni or blur would be good.
But I'm really hoping we will also be able to upgrade in 2010.
With JO off the books we can go after ANYONE, including Lebron.
He said he was willing to play in europe, why not canada.

But seriously we could go after dirk, or amare stoudemire, etc. and probably keep jo and bosh.

For now we just need one player.

Also not too keen on giving up a 1st rounder. You should be able to find a jem at the 2/3 in next years draft.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Nocioni will provide sub-par elite status that BC wants, going after someone better would bring us to elite status
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #21
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Shawn Marion is not possible for the Raps to get unless they are going to go with 5 players playing 48 minutes every game.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #22
gleden
Ball

gleden has an OK reputation so far

IMO Gerald Wallace is better than Marion also cheaper. Marion was good while playing with Nash. Now not so much. Also i think wallace would be perfect for the raptors since hes not scared to drive and hell get to the line 6-7 times/game
gleden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #23
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleden
IMO Gerald Wallace is better than Marion also cheaper. Marion was good while playing with Nash. Now not so much. Also i think wallace would be perfect for the raptors since hes not scared to drive and hell get to the line 6-7 times/game

i agree.. Wallace is a better choice under the current circumstances ($$ and fit with team)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:12 AM   #24
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Nocioni seems like a nice fit with a more affordable contract than a Wallace or a Marion. And I still love the idea of Barbosa playing for the Raptors.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Hard for suns to give up barbosa since he's 1 or 2 guy can come off bench and score.

I am just really wonder how long does BC intent to wait to make a deal.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #26
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I am just really wonder how long does BC intent to wait to make a deal.

I don't have the slightest clue, but I have a theory (hopefully it will amuse you). With the Raptors hovering around the 7th and 8th spots in the conference, Brian colangelo will be very patient before pulling the trigger. As long as he team is in a position to make the playoffs, BC will hold off a "major" trade until the deadline. If the Raptors really start to struggle and start tumbling down in the standings, Colangelo will, around the new year, pull the trigger on a deal that will bring a talented but un-popular choice wing player.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's pretty much a given that Colangelo isn't letting go of Bargnani. As for the talk of getting rid of Graham, Hump, Parker, Moon, Kapono, whoever, it's always nice to hear that a trade is "imminent" but I'm just waiting to see how long this trade is gonna taketo go down. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #28
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I have a feeling after we'll have a new coach by the new year and possibly one trade, even if it isn't a major one.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: