Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #16
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Days Gone

I broke down and pre-ordered the thing, in spite of hearing about things like review embargos. And in spite of the fact that most of the reviews I've seen have been very good, they all hint at some irksome open world cliché's that may bug me post RDR.

But there's also a chance I'll never even play the thing. I still have RE2 Remake, and the last Tomb Raider, both games I was more hyped about than this, that I haven't even installed. And that's if I ever can focus enough in RDR to finish it, and assuming they don't release some massive single player DLC like Undead that will basically start me over.

But anyway, they got my 60 bucks.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #17
scuzzy
first dibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I broke down and pre-ordered the thing, in spite of hearing about things like review embargos. And in spite of the fact that most of the reviews I've seen have been very good, they all hint at some irksome open world cliché's that may bug me post RDR.

But there's also a chance I'll never even play the thing. I still have RE2 Remake, and the last Tomb Raider, both games I was more hyped about than this, that I haven't even installed. And that's if I ever can focus enough in RDR to finish it, and assuming they don't release some massive single player DLC like Undead that will basically start me over.

But anyway, they got my 60 bucks.
RE2 is bomb, a bit short though

Why not just wait until it drops in price if you have so many back logged?
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #18
LAmbruh
Landslide honors

I dunno boys, i'm having a blast on World War Z the past couple days, came out of nowhere and got me hooked

Might wait a month or two until I pop off on Days Gone, we'll see
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #19
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy
RE2 is bomb, a bit short though

Why not just wait until it drops in price if you have so many back logged?

I get the pre-order discount and pre-order perks from amazon. It's just what I usually do.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #20
scuzzy
first dibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I get the pre-order discount and pre-order perks from amazon. It's just what I usually do.
oh nice

the nerds at Gamestop sold me on Days, got the pre-order

I guess this is their first game of their new policy where if you don't like a game you can return it within 48 hours

no brainer, game looks legit
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #21
Thorpesaurous

So the reviews are trickling in. "A lavishly built but generic open world zombie game", seems to be the general consensus. That actually doesn't bother me really. I'm not even sure what that means really, as I'm not sure what the other open world zombie games are, other than add-ons, like the Undead Nightmare, or the Modern Warfare stuff. But if it's well made and does the stuff I expect I'll be ok with it. Assuming I ever actually play it.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #22
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

Yeah, definitely not getting this at full price. Actually going through Dying Light right now anyways; which is an great game btw, so I dont need more zombies unless the game is a masterpiece.

Picked up Dark Souls Remastered today instead.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #23
LAmbruh
Landslide honors

Damn, I was hoping this would be another 9* star PS exclusive but looks like reviews are all over the place averaging around 7/10

30+ hours is a lot of gameplay and might be enough for some people to grab at $60 tag, but i've played more than enough open world games to know how much of a chore and repetitive they can get.

I'll get it when it drops to $40 in 2-3 months when it's tech issues are polished
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #24
Levity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
Yeah, definitely not getting this at full price. Actually going through Dying Light right now anyways; which is an great game btw, so I dont need more zombies unless the game is a masterpiece.

Picked up Dark Souls Remastered today instead.

Dyling Light is AWESOME. didnt like the expansion as much though. mainly for the lack of tall buildings = less grappling/spiderman swinging.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: