Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #46
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 18,543
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Only 4 teams ever have faced 4 50 win teams in 1 playoff run. The 94 Rockets, 01 Lakers, 08 Lakers and 2010 Lakers. Kobe was on 3 of these teams.

Kobe, from '08-10, beat 10 50+ win teams. It took LeBron 13 seasons to beat 10 50+ win teams.

ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:35 AM   #47
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe

55 wins? 60 wins? 70 wins? 73 wins?
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:36 AM   #48
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
How many 73 win teams were there in the history of the NBA? You know... it's kinda hard to beat a team you never play.

Kinda hard to beat a 73-win team

I agree.
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:46 AM   #49
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 18,543
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Kinda hard to beat a 73-win team

I agree.

Except they didn't beat a healthy 73-win team.

After going down 1 - 3

No Green for Game 5 (their best player in the series)
Bogut injured in Game 5 and out for the rest of the series
Iguodala injured in Game 6 and played hurt in Game 7

73-win team my ass, the 73-win team at full strength went up 3 - 1, only Adam Silver and injury gods could have made it possible.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:52 AM   #50
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Except they didn't beat a healthy 73-win team.

After going down 1 - 3

No Green for Game 5 (their best player in the series)
Bogut injured in Game 5 and out for the rest of the series
Iguodala injured in Game 6 and played hurt in Game 7

73-win team my ass, the 73-win team at full strength went up 3 - 1, only Adam Silver and injury gods could have made it possible.
Yeah

Finals are hard to get to. Durability is important

Were the Cavs "healthy" in 2015? (Irving, Love)
Were the Spurs in 2017? (Kawhi)
Were the Rockets in 2018? (CP3)
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:02 AM   #51
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 18,543
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Yeah

Finals are hard to get to. Durability is important

Were the Cavs "healthy" in 2015? (Irving, Love)
Were the Spurs in 2017? (Kawhi)
Were the Rockets in 2018? (CP3)

Were the Celtics in 2018, 2017? (IT, Irving & Hayward)
Were the Bulls in 2015?(Gasol)
Were the Spurs in 2013? (Parker)

The injury gods have almost always been on Lebron's side. Whenever his team falls down in a series, the gods find a way to benefit his team, whether it's the 2013 or the 2016 Finals. How convenient for Lebron in 2017 that IT has a hip injury after an MVP-like season and loses his sister right at the start of the Playoffs. How convenient for Lebron that Derrick Rose goes from an MVP to a role player when it seemed like they would be fighting for titles for the next decade.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:04 AM   #52
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22,561
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Only 4 teams ever have faced 4 50 win teams in 1 playoff run. The 94 Rockets, 01 Lakers, 08 Lakers and 2010 Lakers. Kobe was on 3 of these teams.

Kobe, from '08-10, beat 10 50+ win teams. It took LeBron 13 seasons to beat 10 50+ win teams.

Damn
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:07 AM   #53
NBAGOAT
NBA lottery pick
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Were the Celtics in 2018, 2017? (IT, Irving & Hayward)
Were the Bulls in 2015?(Gasol)
Were the Spurs in 2013? (Parker)

The injury gods have almost always been on Lebron's side. Whenever his team falls down in a series, the gods find a way to benefit his team, whether it's the 2013 or the 2016 Finals. How convenient for Lebron in 2017 that IT has a hip injury after an MVP-like season and loses his sister right at the start of the Playoffs. How convenient for Lebron that Derrick Rose goes from an MVP to a role player when it seemed like they would be fighting for titles for the next decade.

fair he's been lucky. I dont think you should bring up Gasol in 2015 for missing a few games and playing injured when Love didnt even play the series however. Also what about Bosh in 2012? Legitimately the main reason the Heat didnt dominate eastern conference teams like "they should have with their talent" that year.
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:10 AM   #54
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Were the Celtics in 2018, 2017? (IT, Irving & Hayward)
Were the Bulls in 2015?(Gasol)
Were the Spurs in 2013? (Parker)

The injury gods have almost always been on Lebron's side.
Whenever his team falls down in a series, the gods find a way to benefit his team, whether it's the 2013 or the 2016 Finals. How convenient for Lebron in 2017 that IT has a hip injury after an MVP-like season and loses his sister right at the start of the Playoffs. How convenient for Lebron that Derrick Rose goes from an MVP to a role player when it seemed like they would be fighting for titles for the next decade.



You're a fool

Bosh in 2013?
Wade in 2014?
Kyrie and Love in 2015?
Love in 2018?

What a fool...LeBron has always battled with injured players on his team

Last edited by SpaceJam2 : 05-19-2019 at 03:30 AM.
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:22 AM   #55
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 18,543
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam2


You're a fool

Bosh in 2013?
Wade in 2014?
Kyrie and Love in 2015?

What a fool...LeBron has always battled with injured players on his team

2015 is the only legitimate case you can make for Lebron.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:23 AM   #56
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
2015 is the only legitimate case you can make for Lebron.

Terrible...
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:24 AM   #57
RRR3
L3gacy
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yes
Posts: 24,852
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
2015 is the only legitimate case you can make for Lebron.
Wade was affected by injuries throughout multiple playoff runs but sure.

Love was hurt in 2016 for what itís worth and no one ever remembers that.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:29 AM   #58
SpaceJam2
Banned
 
SpaceJam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4,027
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Wade was affected by injuries throughout multiple playoff runs but sure.

Love was hurt in 2016 for what it’s worth and no one ever remembers that.


+1 Love was hurt in

2015
2016
2018
but this fakkit says LeBron was lucky with injuries

What a tool

Should be named ImToolbe
SpaceJam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:29 AM   #59
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 18,543
Default Re: King in the East: An impressive 8-year run

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Wade was affected by injuries throughout multiple playoff runs but sure.

Love was hurt in 2016 for what itís worth and no one ever remembers that.

Pretty sure they used the Barnes' elbow as an excuse to bench Love for the game because they played so much better with RJ in this series. Love just wasn't a good fit defensively when the Warriors played their death line-up.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy