Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #76
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,360
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
If LeBron gets credit for his 3 titles playing with two other prime all-stars, so does Durant. Let's be consistent.

even in their primes. Wade/Bosh alone werent winning a title however, that was obvious. By 14, werent even a playoff team. same for kyrie/love title wise. also, kd is playing with 3, that makes a difference
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #77
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,056
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
even in their primes. Wade/Bosh alone werent winning a title however, that was obvious. By 14, werent even a playoff team. same for kyrie/love title wise. also, kd is playing with 3, that makes a difference


Wade already proved he could win a title with a guy worse than prime Chris bosh... An old fat 12ppg shaq. Never ceases to amaze me how people underrate them.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #78
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22,792
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
even in their primes. Wade/Bosh alone werent winning a title however, that was obvious. By 14, werent even a playoff team. same for kyrie/love title wise. also, kd is playing with 3, that makes a difference

Wade already won a title with lesser players than LeBron and Bosh before LeBron joined his team. What are you smoking?
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #79
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,056
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Wade already won a title with lesser players than LeBron and Bosh before LeBron joined his team. What are you smoking?


Dudes are on something else...

An old Kobe and pau went back to back..

A small kid from davidson, a second rounder, and klay Thompson formed one of the best dynasties ever..

But prime Dwayne wade and an all NBA PF obviously couldn't win anything.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #80
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22,792
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Dudes are on something else...

An old Kobe and pau went back to back..

A small kid from davidson, a second rounder, and klay Thompson formed one of the best dynasties ever..

But prime Dwayne wade and an all NBA PF obviously couldn't win anything.

Totally insane.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #81
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,360
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Wade already proved he could win a title with a guy worse than prime Chris bosh... An old fat 12ppg shaq. Never ceases to amaze me how people underrate them.

ii should've said past prime wade, my bad but I'll try and argue my way out of this.

i'll be semantic and say that was peak wade along with 09. Prime wade includes more possible years. is 05 wade or 12 wade with just bosh really enough with crappy role players? I mean wade couldnt even win a title with 2nd in mvp voting shaq if we're using just a single year as an example.

Different league too as playoff matchups can vary, dallas wasnt a particularly strong team(nothing agaisnt wade again he was fantastic but i'm trying argue my way out). Beating Dallas is different from beating SA or OKC. Like are wade and bosh by themselves really beating the 09-10 lakers either? I think ik your answer

Edit: I dont feel bad about arguing this way now. When you call the warriors big 3 "a small kid from davidson, a second rounder, and klay" and a 30 year old kobe old and acting like no one outside of kobe and pau are worth mentioning, you're not arguing in good faith either lol.

Last edited by NBAGOAT : 05-15-2019 at 04:49 PM.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #82
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Indian guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,416
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Kobe fans still desperately trying to draw parallels between LeBron and KD's moves

Except nobody has ever bought it. There's a reason why each of LeBron's 3 rings were universally celebrated as alpha dog rings while everybody laughs at KD's.

And that's because context matters to people. Joining 47 and 33-win teams is nothing like joining a 73-win team with a championship already under its belt.

LeBron's teams shit the bed the moment he's injured or no longer on the team. KD's teams go 28-1 when he's out and win huge playoff games on the road.

Thus one enjoys consensus top 5 status while nobody bothers ranking the other.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #83
34-24 Footwork
Before the Groin...
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,596
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Kobe


Seek help...
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #84
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22,792
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Kobe fans still desperately trying to draw parallels between LeBron and KD's moves

Except nobody has ever bought it. There's a reason why each of LeBron's 3 rings were universally celebrated as alpha dog rings while everybody laughs at KD's.

And that's because context matters to people. Joining 47 and 33-win teams is nothing like joining a 73-win team with a championship already under its belt.

LeBron's teams shit the bed the moment he's injured or no longer on the team. KD's teams go 28-1 when he's out and win huge playoff games on the road.

Thus one enjoys consensus top 5 status while nobody bothers ranking the other.

Lebron didnt join a 47 win team or a 33 win team. There were multiple all Stars who joined with him on both of those teams. It wasn’t the exact same roster except with LBJ dropped in. You are being either an idiot or intellectually dishonest.

Likewise with “Durant joined a 73 win team”. Without failing to mention that the Warriors lost their entire bench who was a key component in their 73 win season. If you replayed the 2016 season and took away all those players the Warriors would not come close to winning 73 games. Your entire post is extremely disingenuous.

Stop shitposting your dishonest low iq garbage you smelly piece of shit
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #85
superduper
Le...GOAT
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7,053
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Seek help...



These Bran stans are so visibly insecure
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #86
34-24 Footwork
Before the Groin...
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,596
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Lebron didnt join a 47 win team or a 33 win team. There were multiple all Stars who joined with him on both of those teams. It wasn’t the exact same roster except with LBJ dropped in. You are being either an idiot or intellectually dishonest.

Likewise with “Durant joined a 73 win team”. Without failing to mention that the Warriors lost their entire bench who was a key component in their 73 win season. If you replayed the 2016 season and took away all those players the Warriors would not come close to winning 73 games. Your entire post is extremely disingenuous.

Stop shitposting your dishonest low iq garbage you smelly piece of shit

10000% this.

The 73-win shit is to disguise the fact that they lost.

KD joined a losing team...not a 73-win team. Not sure how anyone disputes this.

They use the 73-win talking point in an EXTREMELY dishonest way and they STILL bring it up EVERYDAY in the media and the internet.

I still love the "finals MVP off the bench" talking point...although Lebron had a Finals MVP off the bench in Wade.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #87
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,226
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Lebron didnt join a 47 win team or a 33 win team. There were multiple all Stars who joined with him on both of those teams. It wasn’t the exact same roster except with LBJ dropped in. You are being either an idiot or intellectually dishonest.

Likewise with “Durant joined a 73 win team”. Without failing to mention that the Warriors lost their entire bench who was a key component in their 73 win season. If you replayed the 2016 season and took away all those players the Warriors would not come close to winning 73 games. Your entire post is extremely disingenuous.

Stop shitposting your dishonest low iq garbage you smelly piece of shit

The Warriors lost nothing of note that wasn't replaced by KD. They also added players as well.

Durant replaced the weakest noteworthy link on a team that won 67, a title, then 73, and a few plays away from a title. You can argue little details here and there, but the point is...they were / are elite title contenders without him. They aren't as good without him of course, but they are elite without him.

Lebron and the Heat? Certainly for 11 when he had prime Wade healthy and Bosh healthy...one could draw a comparison...and I'm fine with that, but the level of team around Lebron in 11 doesn't touch what Durant has around him on the Warriors. Lebron's team was stacked no doubt...and no excuse for losing, but it just wasn't the same.

After 11 though? By the time the playoffs hit in 12...Bosh/Wade weren't themselves...and then took an even bigger decline in 13. They just weren't right health wise and what Lebron did getting those two teams to titles was easily more difficult than anything KD has done for the Warriors.

Again, best summed up by...

Both bitch moves, Durant's just happened to be way worse and also has made the NBA way less interesting. Just the truth...no rational person is going to argue Lebron joining the Heat was as bad as Durant joining the Warriors from a competition standpoint.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #88
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22,792
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
The Warriors lost nothing of note that wasn't replaced by KD. They also added players as well.

Durant replaced the weakest noteworthy link on a team that won 67, a title, then 73, and a few plays away from a title. You can argue little details here and there, but the point is...they were / are elite title contenders without him. They aren't as good without him of course, but they are elite without him.

Lebron and the Heat? Certainly for 11 when he had prime Wade healthy and Bosh healthy...one could draw a comparison...and I'm fine with that, but the level of team around Lebron in 11 doesn't touch what Durant has around him on the Warriors. Lebron's team was stacked no doubt...and no excuse for losing, but it just wasn't the same.

After 11 though? By the time the playoffs hit in 12...Bosh/Wade weren't themselves...and then took an even bigger decline in 13. They just weren't right health wise and what Lebron did getting those two teams to titles was easily more difficult than anything KD has done for the Warriors.

Again, best summed up by...

Both bitch moves, Durant's just happened to be way worse and also has made the NBA way less interesting. Just the truth...no rational person is going to argue Lebron joining the Heat was as bad as Durant joining the Warriors from a competition standpoint.

Sorry, you don’t really know what you are talking about.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #89
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,360
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Lebron didnt join a 47 win team or a 33 win team. There were multiple all Stars who joined with him on both of those teams. It wasn’t the exact same roster except with LBJ dropped in. You are being either an idiot or intellectually dishonest.

Likewise with “Durant joined a 73 win team”. Without failing to mention that the Warriors lost their entire bench who was a key component in their 73 win season. If you replayed the 2016 season and took away all those players the Warriors would not come close to winning 73 games. Your entire post is extremely disingenuous.

Stop shitposting your dishonest low iq garbage you smelly piece of shit

well one all star joined him in each situation. wade and kyrie were carry overs, he's not the only one being intellectually dishonest.

The warriors replaced barnes with kd, bogut with zaza(meaningful downgrade), ezeli/speights with west,mcgee(maybe not a downgrade at all). They really lost one guy, barbosa and downgraded their starting center. I admit I was wrong but you also are here lol. The bench is bad now but it was fine in 17.

You cant assume if kd doesnt joins that they also lose barnes without a starter level replacement. They dont win 73 again because it's really hard to replicate and just even give the same amount of effort.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #90
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,226
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Sorry, you don’t really know what you are talking about.

Sorry, I remember reality.

I remember all the clowns arguing that the Warriors were going to be "worse" with KD because they "gutted their depth"...

You were probably one of them.

DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

Las Vegas NBA Summer League

FIBA World Cup Basketball

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy