Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #16
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Explosive Details on why Chris Paul hated Harden and vice versa

One problem with Paul is that...he doesn't have the cache to go at Harden. Someone whose actually been to the finals.

I don't like Harden's game. I don't like D'Antoni's offense. But I really don't like Paul's whiny personality and unrealistic expectations. ESPECIALLY in that system.

With GSW likely being a non-contender? Houston may have another shot @ a finals. An outside chance with Lebron/AD's Lakers but they're probably next in line. Going to need the right coach though. Harden will have to sacrifice some of his offense for defense. Maybe get Paul to handle the rock a bit more even at his age.

If they "hate" one another? Move Paul. Still think it could be salvaged though.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #17
Jay-B
Decent playground baller

Wasnít Paul a problem in LA too?
Jay-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #18
warriorfan
The Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-B
Wasnít Paul a problem in LA too?

He quickly wears out his welcome anywhere he goes. He has a small one and is always super mad about it.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #19
The Iron Fist
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
They deserve each other, its glorious
All time flop goats.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #20
RealSkipBayless
LA twin towers

Cp3 is in the right here. Harden has been criticized by greats for acting disinterested and not engaged when the ball isn't in his hand on offense.

Despite being a flopper and failing with the Clippers due to unlucky circumstances he still has more respect in this league than Harden. Cp3 is known for almost beating the Lakers by himself as a member of the Hornets. While Harden is known as a regular season wonder/ massive choke artist which has not changed since his arguably all time worst choke job in 2012.

Cp3 saw success when Harden was on the bench. Harden's same tired arsenal doesn't work and never will in the playoffs. Step back 3, floater, dive into contact for foul calls.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #21
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year

Too bad the 18 team was really good. This isn’t surprising that they view the game differently however. The fit isn’t very good and the rockets excelled in 18 because Paul or harden were playing every minute and they actually only played like 18mpg together however. Cp3 functionally was like a 6th man who plays 30mpg and finishes the game but plays more with 2nd units. just a fantastic one however.

I think it’s salvageable however and there’s a title chance. Even with their flaws capela and Gordon are good help along with a great role player in tucker. La obviously has a better and better fitting duo but they haven’t rounded out their roster and it’s their first yr, it’s not a guarantee lakers are coming out. den matches up badly vs hou, completely threw the end of the season to avoid them. Gs is really only a threat unless klays back by the playoffs and they make some good signings with the injury exception.

The 3 east contenders are admittedly a challenge but not one seems all time great lvl. I wouldn’t favor hou right now over then but they’re beatable.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #22
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
Too bad the 18 team was really good. This isn’t surprising that they view the game differently however. The fit isn’t very good and the rockets excelled in 18 because Paul or harden were playing every minute and they actually only played like 18mpg together however. Cp3 functionally was like a 6th man who plays 30mpg and finishes the game but plays more with 2nd units. just a fantastic one however.

I think it’s salvageable however and there’s a title chance. Even with their flaws capela and Gordon are good help along with a great role player in tucker. La obviously has a better and better fitting duo but they haven’t rounded out their roster and it’s their first yr, it’s not a guarantee lakers are coming out. den matches up badly vs hou, completely threw the end of the season to avoid them. Gs is really only a threat unless klays back by the playoffs and they make some good signings with the injury exception.

The 3 east contenders are admittedly a challenge but not one seems all time great lvl. I wouldn’t favor hou right now over then but they’re beatable.

I don't think D'Antoni is the right coach.

If they're going ALL out next year? Yeah. I just don't think Houston maxes out with him. They probably already did in 18 as you pointed out.

They haven't given D'Antoni an extension though. Are there ANY coaches available who'd get the best (whatever that is now) from this duo?
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #23
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

They probably got into an argument over which one was the worst flopper of all time.

wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #24
Wally450
Cancer

Harden >>> Paul
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #25
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
I don't think D'Antoni is the right coach.

If they're going ALL out next year? Yeah. I just don't think Houston maxes out with him. They probably already did in 18 as you pointed out.

They haven't given D'Antoni an extension though. Are there ANY coaches available who'd get the best (whatever that is now) from this duo?

Not at all imo youíre never going maximize them playing together and dantoni is good for harden and Paul individuallly if that makes sense. Just get back to more pnr stuff and stagger their minutes heavily. Find a great defensive assistant, being a top 10 defense is still doable and harden and cp3s floor raising will mean a top tier offense(if cp3 can maintain his lvl maybe even bounce back a little since his jumper was off this year).

At least this year their defense was the problem vs gs. Their let Durant iso as much as he wants strategy worked okay but not as well as last year. Were lost once he went out however. Tbf, they should be rdy this year they know itís unlikely Durant doesnít play this year.

On another note they should go back to more pnr and a faster pace because a good way to take advantage of redundant talent is to run more. Theyíve dropped from 3rd in 17 to 13th in 18 and 26th in 19. They went to that iso heavy over dribbling style not only because theyíre good at it but because it counters gsí switching and pace. Donít need to do that anymore with gs not being the biggest threat next yr
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #26
SamuraiSWISH
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
One problem with Paul is that...he doesn't have the cache to go at Harden. Someone whose actually been to the finals.

I don't like Harden's game. I don't like D'Antoni's offense. But I really don't like Paul's whiny personality and unrealistic expectations. ESPECIALLY in that system.

With GSW likely being a non-contender? Houston may have another shot @ a finals. An outside chance with Lebron/AD's Lakers but they're probably next in line. Going to need the right coach though. Harden will have to sacrifice some of his offense for defense. Maybe get Paul to handle the rock a bit more even at his age.

If they "hate" one another? Move Paul. Still think it could be salvaged though.
100% Agreed
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:58 PM   #27
90sgoat
BRANBOOZLED

Chris Paul doesn't seem to be able to get along with anyone.

His teams always collapse, though I do feel for him having to play with losers like Deandre Jordan. Having seen Deandre Jordan sabotage another PG phenom in Luka, I have gained new respect for CP3.
90sgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #28
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeroAntic
This. That moron CP3 wanted to play with Harden, you reap what you sow. I dont understand how anyone would like to play with Harden.

Anyone can look at hardenís game and know what they are getting into. The fact that cp3 didnít realize this speaks volumes about him.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 PM   #29
Proctor
College superstar

Rest in piss and stay ringless, losers. Love watching CP0 and Harden get bounced every year.
Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #30
iamgine

CP has a legit gripe here though. How can Harden claim he wants to win that badly if he's not even willing to move off the ball? CP getting old and getting worse is not a legit reason not to help the team by moving off the ball.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: