Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #16
MrFonzworth
Um actually

Default Re: My best friend died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
I'm not a doctor. I can't give you some "a-ha" moment answer, because I don't definitely know.

I just know there are too many reports about people suffering early deaths that are often tied to energy drink consumption. Far too many... for product lines that haven't been around that long, in the grand scheme.

They haven't been around long enough for there to be definitive answers as to why they're bad, I don't think...

I wouldn't think coffee and b12 supplements would be the primary catalysts to early death. It's some overall combination of everything found in energy drinks. There is a ton of nasty shit.
I think its more the combination of taurine and guarana that makes it seriously unhealthy
MrFonzworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #17
Im so nba'd out
Big Man on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Big time. I don’t drink coffee anymore. Get more sleep. You will get better sleep with no coffee too. I think a lot of people drink coffee because it screws up their sleep so they are tired, which makes them drink coffee, which screws up their sleep...and the cycle continues

Crazy how many people drink coffee/ice coffee everyday.Then we wonder why skinny people are dropping like flies to strokes and other ish like that

btw it wont hurt as much in a couple weeks OP.I had 2 best friends die on me (1 was murdered after winning a fistfight) (1 was my childhood dog)
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:03 AM   #18
diamenz
Decent college freshman

i lost three close friends over the course of a few years just after hs. one drowned in lake michigan ****ing around drunk in the middle of the night, another killed himself street racing, and another got shot up on a street corner gang banging. all real, genuine dudes that u just KNEW had your back wherever u'd go. u know a genuine friend when u have one and that shit wrecks u when u lose them, especially in such stupid, reckless ways. i still remem the phone calls so vividly, i remember some of the exact words exchanged between myself and their fam/friends some fifteen years ago.

anyway, i feel ur pain, op.

Last edited by diamenz : 06-19-2019 at 12:09 AM.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:11 AM   #19
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
i lost three close friends over the course of a few years just after hs. one drowned in lake michigan ****ing around drunk in the middle of the night, another killed himself street racing, and another got shot up on a street corner gang banging. all real, genuine dudes that u just KNEW had your back wherever u'd go. u know a genuine friend when u have one and that shit wrecks u when u lose them, especially in such stupid, reckless ways. i still remem the phone calls so vividly, i remember some of the exact words exchanged between myself and their fam/friends some fifteen years ago.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how was your friend a genuine guy when he was too busy gang banging and suffered the most obvious fate possible? Leaving family and friends such as yourself in a sorrowful state? Again, I'm sorry for your loss and don't take it the wrong way. Just curious as to how someone can be considered a genuine friend when he lived such a dangerous and reckless life that could have gotten even you killed.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:25 AM   #20
diamenz
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Don't take this the wrong way, but how was your friend a genuine guy when he was too busy gang banging and suffered the most obvious fate possible? Leaving family and friends such as yourself in a sorrowful state? Again, I'm sorry for your loss and don't take it the wrong way. Just curious as to how someone can be considered a genuine friend when he lived such a dangerous and reckless life that could have gotten even you killed.

no worries. he was a good dude for who he was, or for the cards he was dealt. i should probably be clear - the guy wasnt into the hardcore latino 'banging for the hell of it' phenomenon... he was about his money (drug dealing), and all of the damage that comes with that. i was young (and dumb) too, and hung around some questionable people... the definition of a true friend now differs from what it was back then to me. either way, genuine friends in any regard are one in a million so to speak.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:27 AM   #21
Turbo Slayer
I usually hit open layups

My condolences to you. I'm sorry for your loss. That must be a burden. If you need to talk to someone. I can help. Just know someone in this world loves you and likes you.
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:49 AM   #22
jstern
NBA rookie of the year

My thing is the opposite. So many enemies, people I've had fights with in my youth, so many of them end up dying. And not even recently, but a couple of years later. Not even making it to their 20s. It's like I'm bad luck.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Sorry to hear this, man. My condolences.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #24
Wally450
Cancer

That sucks man, Sorry for your loss.

My best friend is coming up on 10 years in July. Died in a motorcycle accident.

You don't really get over it, you just learn to cope with it more as times goes on.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #25
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Take your time to mourn the loss just don't get stuck there. This might sound insensitive to you right now, but it doesn't honor his memory to disrupt years of your life grieving.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #26
dunksby
NBA Legend

You got to be feeling like shit right now, so accept my heartfelt condolences; hopefully you will live a full productive life.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
I think its more the combination of taurine and guarana that makes it seriously unhealthy

extreme amounts of sugar + people drinking it all day
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #28
dude77
Very good NBA starter

that processed sugar is the devil .. processed carbs, sugar etc .. everytime I cut that shit out, I feel and look like a completely different person .. the trick is cutting it out permanently .. must suck losing a childhood friend .. probably like losing a close family member .. sorry to hear that
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #29
Duderonomy
Clippers 2020

Sorry I'm not blaming energy drinks for his death I'm just saying 3 16 Oz's a day combined with working hard, smoking cigs, drinking hard and weekend partying doesn't lent to longevity. I'll contact the family in a respectable way and find out what happened to Matt.

Sometimes it tough i usually let things roll off my back but to really feel this upset reminds me I'm still human.

Thank you for the kind words, love my follow ishers .
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #30
iamgine

Wtf who still use DVDs?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: