Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Yao Ming out for rest of playoffs with left foot hairline fracture!

best bless to Yao,fight for Yao,Go Rockets !

Magic Johnson

I wouldn't want to be in the Rockets position this summer. Yao Ming's a franchise player when healthy, but how can you build around this guy anymore? He's injury prone and I don't see how you can put a team's success into the hands of a guy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I wouldn't want to be in the Rockets position this summer. Yao Ming's a franchise player when healthy, but how can you build around this guy anymore? He's injury prone and I don't see how you can put a team's success into the hands of a guy like that.

It has to be a hard situation to handle at this point. How do you pick up a valuable big to take some of the load off Yao without trading away valuable pieces? Yet, how do you keep riding Yao, when he obviously cannot keep up the effort on his own body?

They have some things to consider in the offseason.

Wow, bad luck for the Rockets and I like Yao. Lakers were going to win the series regardless but now it wont even be that exciting to watch.

Magic Johnson

I know this sounds cruel, but I hope the Lakers come to play tomorrow and go for the kill early in the game. The Rockets will either come out flat or motivated to pick up a win for Yao Ming. What I don't want to see is the Lakers coming out expecting to win just because of Yao's injury.

Yao's been playing year round for his entire NBA career. Not allowing your body to rest and recover will take its toll on you. China never has allowed him any type of break. Right after the playoffs, he flies over to China and must start playing ball for them. He needs an entire summer to get off his feet and not play ball. Let those big legs heal. I can't be certain, but I do recall reading somewhere where it said he was looking forward to this summer bc he could rest and not play ball. Not sure on that one though.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by mbell75
    Wow, bad luck for the Rockets and I like Yao. Lakers were going to win the series regardless but now it wont even be that exciting to watch.
    lol I like watching the Lakers regardless of who they play.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

No!
    damn it's not really a series any more.. I hope he has a speedy recovery and come back even better,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    Yao, while injury prone, is one of my favorite NBA players. The man plays with passion, and has heart. I feel for Yao, and although LA is my team, I wish him all the best in future years.
    this

Default Re: Yao out for the season?

what a ****ing hero, he played the last ten minutes with all his heart with a fracture? top marks to yao, cant question his passion and commintment. great player, hope comes back strong next season.

they need a good back up center so they can cut his minutes down.

ouch....
    i dont even have anything to say anymore.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

that series is officially done. Damn, if ... let me stops there. I wish yao a speedy recovery. Him and Tracy need to pay the Phoenix medical staff a visit.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    that series is officially done. Damn, if ... let me stops there. I wish yao a speedy recovery. Him and Tracy need to pay the Phoenix medical staff a visit.
    haha yeah they do.

This really does suck. I hope Yao recovers and comes back even better. The Rockets either need to trade him or get him some real help. They need one more solid big.

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

When Yao had that season where he took off the summer he was at least 3 times better, I think he put up career highs. He should take the summer off, and the rockets should get a decent backup center that can run with that fast 2nd unit of theirs.