Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yeah, and I went from black to white.
    My previous pic was of "LosBulls" and my current one is of "9512".
    Fact still remains that you have no arguments and this immature reply was the only one you could come up with.
    I'm not even going to waste my time. The Senate rejected every single provision of the gun control ban. Whiny liberals can keep whining and you can keep hating from 2000 miles away. Neither is going to make a bit of difference. Stay mad.

Da Mavs

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    I'm not even going to waste my time. The Senate rejected every single provision of the gun control ban. Whiny liberals can keep whining and you can keep hating from 2000 miles away. Neither is going to make a bit of difference. Stay mad.
    I won't relate this to any gun control measures or laws or anything...just will say that people are so incredibly stupid to buy a rifle for a 5 year old.

NBA rookie of the year

Because you're an idiot, you have no arguments and the only thing you used as an argument was "you're fat". You're the typical white trash redneck.

The sad part is that you think that I'm mad, I just get dumbfounded by people like you. People are dying in horrific ways just because the likes of you feel the need to carry guns because it's your "right", seriously, you guys are messed up.

And again, Canada is full of guns, yet they are no where close to killing each other with guns at the same rate as americans. You talk about responsibility, americans are obviously not responsible enough to carry guns, easy as that.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I won't relate this to any gun control measures or laws or anything...just will say that people are so incredibly stupid to buy a rifle for a 5 year old.
    I agree. The parents should be charged with manslaughter or something similar.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I agree. The parents should be charged with manslaughter or something similar.
    How old do you think people should be before they can use and/or own a gun? Under supervision and on their own?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    How old do you think people should be before they can use and/or own a gun? Under supervision and on their own?
    Under supervision? Any age. To own and use unsupervised, 18.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Better get those thousands of responsible families now

If it can help prevent more accidents like this, why would you say no? Do we value rights over life?

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    So you're going to compare total stats with countries that have different population amounts?

Retarded sheep

*peace*
    He quotes rates, not aggregate totals. If he had done the latter, you do have a point. Although 8 times as high seems too high to me tbh.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    The gun culture in the US is horrible, beyond horrible.
    Something is very wrong in the US, I was in Texas for a couple of months as an exchange student and I was honestly scared over the gun situation.

The shit doesn't protect anyone really, compare the murder rates in the US with fire arms and compare it to Canada, it's laughable. And there are many guns in Canada as well but it's obviously the cultural thing with guns in the US and the paranoida that runs through the society.

I saw "Bowling for Columbine" yesterday for the second time and the first time I saw it, it it really didn't hit me but this time it did big time since I've experienced the american culture due the fact that I just got back from the US.

Moore mentions the media as a big part in the paranoia and it's so true, you can't turn the TV on without hearing about dangerous blacks and hispanic people and there's so much focus on crimes in media.
    Holy s[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it dude. You really need to relax. Scared? I lived in Texas my whole life and I was never scared at all.

Plenty of children have been taught how to safely use a gun under parental supervision. Why do you idiots think passing laws will guarantee anything?

It's ok for a five year old to shoot a gun under parental supervision but he shouldn't have been "playing around" with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    If it can help prevent more accidents like this, why would you say no? Do we value rights over life?

He quotes rates, not aggregate totals. If he had done the latter, you do have a point. Although 8 times as high seems too high to me tbh.
    Make cars illegal. Make fast food illegal. Make cigarettes illegal. etc. etc.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Under supervision? Any age. To own and use unsupervised, 18.
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

We have laws that prevent drivers under a certain age from driving, from drinking, because it's dangerous (along with other reasons).

Why should a child regardless of whether they're supervised or not be allowed to use a gun?

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't let a 10 year old (let alone a 5 year old) use a gun anywhere around me.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

We have laws that prevent drivers under a certain age from driving, from drinking, because it's dangerous (along with other reasons).

Why should a child regardless of whether they're supervised or not be allowed to use a gun?

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't let a 10 year old (let alone a 5 year old) use a gun anywhere around me.
    Because they then learn how to respect guns and how to properly use them.

Just like Cenk said....

American culture has a really bad sickness when it comes to guns.. people are getting blown away at an amazing clip (no pun) and yet we still have idiots trying to defend this sh*t

there is no way in hell there should be anyone in this thread arguing over whether a f*ckin 5 yr old should have any access to a gun AT ALL..

just shows how stupid some muthaf*ckers are in this country

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Because they then learn how to respect guns and how to properly use them.
    Exactly. I remember when my dad first showed me how to shoot a fcking BB gun. He acted like it was the most serious shit ever. This is not a toy, never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire, etc. I grew up with a respect for guns, not a fear.

Kids need to be taught respect and responsibility, not fear.

Decent college freshman

The posts above mine (not Balla Status) are examples of an irrational fear of guns.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

[COLOR=#000000]
    The posts above mine (not Balla Status) are examples of an irrational fear of guns.
    Its irrational to fear what cant harm you. There is nothing irrational about fearing poorly policed weapons capable of killing dozens of people at any given moment for no reason.

That said...

My dad let me fire a gun when I was a kid. We had BB guns. I was a boyscout shooting a bow and arrow(and I mean deadly ones...not kid shit). I had knives...hatchets. Whatever. Not all kids are the same just as all adults arent.

But....there is no good reason to produce guns for children. Too many things can go wrong.

Ive never felt the need to own a gun and ive never felt unsafe.

Few friends of mine do. Its pretty...whatever.

There is no reason at all not to check on anyone trying to get one though. Of my 3 close friends who have guns...2 of them have them illegally and one is a felon who bought it at the flea market.

Hes not a threat to me...but society isnt better for him being able to get a gun any time he wants. Dude was robbing mexicans a few years back...
    [/COLOR]