Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #16
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Michael Jordan the Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
just the wizards

And typically for ISH, most posters don't even bother reading the first few answers before they fire off their opinion.

But even though, Jordan the Wizard < Arenas the Wizard, and if not already, then this coming season.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
And typically for ISH, most posters don't even bother reading the first few answers before they fire off their opinion.

But even though, Jordan the Wizard < Arenas the Wizard, and if not already, then this coming season.

Cosign, bcause this is about the Wizards, not Bullets
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #18
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's just a name change, it's still the same team.

If Wes Unseld never played for the Wizards why do the Wizards have his number retired?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #19
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
It's just a name change, it's still the same team.

If Wes Unseld never played for the Wizards why do the Wizards have his number retired?

I know when I am beat and you got me there.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Well then hell yes he is the best Wizard. Who else would be better? Jerry Stackhouse, Rip Hamilton and Popeye Jones?
I feel like I woke up this morning in an alternate reality, where Gilbert Arenas doesn't exist, or it's just some implicit agreement betweeen you all to pretend he doesn't exist while at the same time pretending MJ did jack ****ing **** for this team and led them anywhere except to the lottery.

Gilbert gave the Wizards hope and followed through, making the playoffs three straight years and doing decently in them both years he was healthy. Gilbert scores 30 points a night- MJ scored 20. People went ape**** when Jordan dropped 40 and still bring it up every week- people forget a week later when Arenas scored 60 and discredited it because "it was an overtime game." Arenas fosters team chemistry- Jordan destroyed it. People call Arenas too immature to lead a team, yet he's not trying to lead a team, and it was MJ who got Rip traded because he lost a few shooting contests to him, it was MJ who took Kwame over Elton Brand because he was arrogant enough to believe that he "saw something in him" that nobody else did.

Don't be disrespectful to Gilbert, or for that matter Jordan, by acting like this is close. Don't think you have to stick up for 40 year old Jordan to validate Prime Jordan. Gilbert's the best player to play in DC since the name change, that's all there is to it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #21
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Kwame over Brand??? They weren't in the same draft year.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #22
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Kwame over Brand??? They weren't in the same draft year.

That is GeeWiz, 95% he is talking out of his @ss. Brand was a number 1 pick 2 years before Kwame. GeeWiz is just retarded
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im thinking he means when the Bulls offered Brand for the #1 overall pick and filler.

Anyway...id take young Webber over any other wizard if im making a team(he was there after the name change for a year). He wasnt as productive as he would be on the Kings but he was a bit more athletic. Webber in 98 id take over JO, Brand, Bosh, Boozer and a number of other star 4s at the moment.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #24
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Well then hell yes he is the best Wizard. Who else would be better? Jerry Stackhouse, Rip Hamilton and Popeye Jones?

I'd put Arenas ahead of Jordan as best Wizard... have people forgotten that Arenas still plays for the Wizards?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
This post does nothing to prove your claim that "Arenas could never measure to what Jordan did." Maybe for starters you should describe what Jordan did, and then we can debate whether Gilbert is capable of it as well.

All you're talking about is numbers. What Jordan could do in his 40's is what Gilbert is doing now in his 20's (and I mean buzzerbeaters, 40-50 point games, ect.). I'm not hating on Gilbert at all because he has to be one of my favorite players but there's a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Because as far as I can see, Arenas has already done what Jordan did with the Bulls (post similar/better stats and lead them to the playoffs).

Woah, woah. Jordan didn't just get the Bulls to the playoffs. He won the Bulls 6 championships. I do understand that Jordan had a better supporting cast and all but still.

Most people are going to say GA is a better Wizard than MJ was because GA has already established himself as a Wizard and he might as well be a Wizard the rest of his career. Everyone knows that MJ is a bull, not a Wizard.

Last edited by TMT : 09-09-2007 at 02:04 PM.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #26
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
All you're talking about is numbers. What Jordan could do in his 40's is what Gilbert is doing now in his 20's (and I mean buzzerbeaters, 40-50 point games, ect.). I'm not hating on Gilbert at all because he has to be one of my favorite players but there's a difference.

The reason people are taking Jordan in his 40s is because he only played for the Wizards when he was that age. We're talking about the best Wizards player ever, not the best player to play for the Wizards ever... A player's accomplishments for another team don't factor in.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Anyway...id take young Webber over any other wizard if im making a team(he was there after the name change for a year). He wasnt as productive as he would be on the Kings but he was a bit more athletic.
I can't really speak on Webber on the Wizards, so you can have that

Quote:
The reason people are taking Jordan in his 40s is because he only played for the Wizards when he was that age. We're talking about the best Wizards player ever, not the best player to play for the Wizards ever... A player's accomplishments for another team don't factor in.
yeah, I mean, Hakeem as greatest Raptor ever doesn't sound right does it?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Jordan's great, but by age 40, it's hard to rank him as the best Wizard over a current prime Arenas who's like 26 or whatever.

By that age, there's only so much left in the tank.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #29
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32

Genau.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: