Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Great games that don't get the recognition they deserve.

Hitman Blood Money is a great choice. I didn't really like the first couple Hitman games so I passed on it when it came out. But then later on I gave it a shot and couldn't stop playing it for a couple days. It had some great varied locations, really fun gameplay and disguises and was a blast overall.

Another great game that doesn't get much mention anymore (despite getting amazing reviews):

This is one of the top 5 FPS of all-time for me. Great gameplay, cool varied locations and not just warehouses full of crates and some genuinely funny moments and dialogue.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
gotchapikachu!
I airball my layups

gotchapikachu! has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I really liked Freedom Fighters and was really surprised it didn't do well enough to get a sequel. I didn't care for the ending though. The game damn near just stops. I liked that you had a squad to control but it wasn't so insanely in depth that it took forever to learn and get into.

Anyway

Okami on the Wii/PS2 was one of the better action RPGs I have played in the last several years yet hardly anyone knows about it.
eh, any true video game fan who is into action RPG's or anything artsy knows about this game.
gotchapikachu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

A great game from rockstar! Best played with a mate on co-op this great action game involves looting mugging and generall anti social behaviour.

Yes! the warriors was a great game.. Don't know how many times me and my mate went through that on co-op.

One game that me and my mates also really enjoyed was Sega Soccer Slam, NBA Jam mixed with soccer and it was really well done, lots of unlockables a nice variety of modes and teams and awesome in co-op.

AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #19
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[quote=AJ2k8]Yes! the warriors was a great game.. Don't know how many times me and my mate went through that on co-op.

One game that me and my mates also really enjoyed was Sega Soccer Slam, NBA Jam mixed with soccer and it was really well done, lots of unlockables a nice variety of modes and teams and awesome in co-op.

It really comes to life as a co-op game, I too have played it inside out with a mate. There is something really fun about looting, mugging and bottling police with a mate.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #20
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For me, it's Valkyrie Profile.

It was a very weird RPG for it's time, but very good. The story (without too much spoilers here) revolved around you playing as a Valkyrie who's job was to harvest the souls of the bravest warriors on the earth. You basically watch or interact in events where every character who joins you dies :P Then you take their souls and they fight for you.

It was a really interesting way to go about a game, and was also pretty fun for it's time too. Towards the end it had some extremely difficult fights and levels though, like Lezard's Tower.

They're since made a sequal, a remake, and a spinoff, but they weren't as good as the first one.

SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

on the subject of psx rpg's

vagrant story

well, i guess it did get recognition, very high review scores.
but when people talk about great psx rpg's, i hear this one get missed far too often

it's up there with the FF's, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Suikoden, etc
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good pick with Vagrant Story. I was actually thinking of posting that instead of Valkyrie Profile for my pick. That was a really fun game.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #23
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Space Station Silicon Valley
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #24
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think this one got lost among all the other good RPGs on the psx. I really enjoyed it. It was pretty linear but that didn't make it any less fun. I'm a little hazy on most of the details but I remember the story being pretty cool and I know I really enjoyed the game.

I also really liked Arc the Lad when they released the collection in the US. It was your standard rpg with the addition of guilds and like side quest/jobs that you could take for more stuff.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most of you are posting pretty popular and well respected games. Anyway:

DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #26
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

After the hype of Tony Hawks died down and shortly before it's sequel this skateboarding game completely dicked on the Hawk Series. The best way to describe this game is Skate mixed in with an 80's old school hip hop soundtrack and a load more character.

This game did recieve good reviews however in comparrison to the Hawk series it did not sell. It never had a sequel and since has never been referenced when talking about some of the best skateboarding games.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #27
CF#8RR#9
I airball my layups

CF#8RR#9 has an OK reputation so far

Singularity is bomb as hell.
CF#8RR#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: