Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Knicks fans: Are you ashamed at the way your team abandoned Linsanity?

Knicks fans, are you sad and upset that your management abandoned Linsanity after all he did for your team? It seems like a young athletic guard who can get to the rim is exactly what the team is missing now. He really knew how to get the ball to Novak and Chandler at the perfect times. Alas, what might have been this season eh?

Default Re: Knicks fans: Are you ashamed at the way your team abandoned Linsanity?

The Lakers should have signed Jeremy Lin instead of Steve Nash.
    That was a big, big mistake.

Default Re: Knicks fans: Are you ashamed at the way your team abandoned Linsanity?

no

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    no
    Her carried your team on his back and in return you flushed him down the toilet to loser Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    +1

Banned

As I recall, Knick stans never seemed to authentically embrace Linsanity, because they didn't want it to be used to detract from Melo.

Typically, everything with the Knick losers on this board is about protecting Melo and his reputation.

So honestly, I think most of them were happy to see him go, or at least proclaimed so publicly. Even though it wasn't the best thing for the team.

Kind of like the Kobe/Dwight thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    As I recall, Knick stans never seemed to authentically embrace Linsanity, because they didn't want it to be used to detract from Melo.

Typically, everything with the Knick losers on this board is about protecting Melo and his reputation.

So honestly, I think most of them were happy to see him go, or at least proclaimed so publicly. Even though it wasn't the best thing for the team.

Kind of like the Kobe/Dwight thing.
    Dwight was horrible on the Lakers. He was bad for the team. It was good when he left. Did you not watch the playoffs when he's sitting on the bench laughing while getting blown out? No team with title ambitions would ever want a guy with a natural born loser attitude like that getting paid max/near max money.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    He didn't mesh well with Melo. Kobe is similar on offense, but better. I don't know if it works.

I was a little surprised they didn't bring him back. But 2 years past, and I couldn't care less. Even though they have shitty PGs now. Their best PG doesn't even start and is 36 years old. I don't lose any sleep over it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Knicks fans, are you sad and upset that your management abandoned Linsanity after all he did for your team? It seems like a young athletic guard who can get to the rim is exactly what the team is missing now. He really knew how to get the ball to Novak and Chandler at the perfect times. Alas, what might have been this season eh?
    Lin made it impossible for us to retain him. He was never abandoned. It was his choice, it came off as sneaky and underhanded, and he wasn't going to help this bunch now in any way. He's never going to sustain the great two weeks we got out of him here. At first I was mad but it was his choice and he would have gotten a ton of pressure here. Once he was scouted he was a different player and once Harden or DH sit I suspect he will be more like a bench player.

True we don't have a penetrating guard but when teams focused on Lin he could only penetrate here and there. To his credit, Lin is also one of the stronger guards in the league. And when he feels a flow he can hang with the best point guards. Howard was better last year with half-a-Nash and Houston is underachieving. Harden is a bad match for any point guard, thoI think in the right situation he can excel but I don't know if he can be top 10 or a guy that can turn a franchise around like you are suggesting.

I wish him well and will never forget how he turned the Garden into a madhouse. I was lucky to have seen the first breakout game and one since then live.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    He didn't mesh well with Melo. Kobe is similar on offense, but better. I don't know if it works.

I was a little surprised they didn't bring him back. But 2 years past, and I couldn't care less. Even though they have shitty PGs now. Their best PG doesn't even start and is 36 years old. I don't lose any sleep over it.
    That would have worked well.

Lin is a high IQ player, and so are Kobe and Pau.
    Lin is a good passer, which would fit in Kobe and Pau.
    Lin can get to the rim to space the floor.
    Lin could get the Lakers a fast break game, which they don't have.

Kobe would have helped him with cutting down on turnovers and on improving his defense. Also having Kobe and Pau there would give Lin more wide open shots.

Lin would have been the perfect third option for Kobe and Pau.

And Kobe and Pau could handle the Linsanity part of it - Melo couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Lin made it impossible for us to retain him. He was never abandoned. It was his choice, it came off as sneaky and underhanded, and he wasn't going to help this bunch now in any way. He's never going to sustain the great two weeks we got out of him here. At first I was mad but it was his choice and he would have gotten a ton of pressure here. Once he was scouted he was a different player and once Harden or DH sit I suspect he will be more like a bench player.

True we don't have a penetrating guard but when teams focused on Lin he could only penetrate here and there. To his credit, Lin is also one of the stronger guards in the league. And when he feels a flow he can hang with the best point guards. Howard was better last year with half-a-Nash and Houston is underachieving. Harden is a bad match for any point guard, thoI think in the right situation he can excel but I don't know if he can be top 10 or a guy that can turn a franchise around like you are suggesting.

I wish him well and will never forget how he turned the Garden into a madhouse. I was lucky to have seen the first breakout game and one since then live.
    The problems with the Rockets' offense is that Howard is a terrible offensive player - he has no moves and he doesn't pass well.

The Magic got to the Finals in large measure due to Woodson's bad coaching with the Hawks that year - double teaming Howard and leaving open Turkoglu, Redick, Nelson and Lewis.

Banned

With Melo out there next to him, teams would have been stupid to focus on shutting down Lin. It would result in lots of easy looks for melo

ashamed is the wrong word.
    perplexed.
    he made sense from a basketball standpoint as well as financially.
    but melo couldnt cope with lin being the bigger star, the rest is history.

5-time NBA All-Star

Houston gave Lin and Asik crazy balloon payments in their contracts which made it impossible for their former teams to match. 15 million in the third year which most teams will not take in a trade because that aren't expiring the year after. Asik gets his 16mil next year. Most teams don't want to pay a luxury tax based on guys you aren't too sure will start. This year almost looks lost, but you have to believe that Howard can play much better??? I don't know but Houston can't maneuver much. The CBA hit Houston hard.

Houston gave Lin and Asik crazy balloon payments in their contracts which made it impossible for their former teams to match. 15 million in the third year which most teams will not take in a trade because that aren't expiring the year after. Asik gets his 16mil next year.
    This simply isn't true. While the out of pocket money in the 3rd year is about $15 mil or so; the cap hit for Asik's and Lin's contracts are a flat $8.3 mil for their entire contracts. Had the original teams re-signed them the amount of money that would have been charged toward the cap and luxury tax are nowhere near as large as originally reported.

Most teams don't want to pay a luxury tax based on guys you aren't too sure will start. This year almost looks lost, but you have to believe that Howard can play much better??? I don't know but Houston can't maneuver much. The CBA hit Houston hard.
    Several teams have showed interest in trading for Asik this year, and I can guarantee you with how Lin is playing now if the Rockets tried to deal him they could get a pretty sweet deal.

PS - The season is 15 games old -- saying that the year "looks lost" is stupid seeing that the season their record is much improved and the chemistry isn't all there yet. Its as if people forget last year they had only 45 wins (.549 winning percentage); compared to a 10-5 record (on pace for 55 wins; .667 winning percentage) this year.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 11-26-2013 at 12:07 PM.