Can Oden even make it from the locker room onto the court

I'd be happy with Bird man or Kenyon

Default Re: Final Roster

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
    Kobe/Meeks/Goudelock
    MWP/Ebanks
    Pau/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Hill

We got 14 players. Maybe sign DJO or Sacre and we'll round out the full roster.

I have this feeling we probably won't sign our two 2nd rd picks tho.

team is stacked. Jordan Hill will play the backup 5 almost exclusively I think. and Jamison will play backup 4 exclusively, I really don't see him playing the 3 unless Brown wants a shooter in there not named Kobe or Meeks

I would prefer one more athlete on the wing but honestly Lakers have no space and at this point might be reluctant to add that 15 guy due to wanting some roster flexibility as well as money wise if the dude wont see court time.

I hope Johnson-Odom makes it, personal preference.

I would love me some KMart, him + Dwight would be sick on P&R defense. Last year Kenyon played a ton of 5 and still did a beyond solid job. Word around the block is he wants more than the min, but I really don't see a team with money left wanting him. Cleveland will not want to take time from their young pup, so they are out.

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen

Bird man
    Oden
    Kenyon
    Birdman

Oden??? why has no one picked him up? Does he want too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    team is stacked. Jordan Hill will play the backup 5 almost exclusively I think. and Jamison will play backup 4 exclusively, I really don't see him playing the 3 unless Brown wants a shooter in there not named Kobe or Meeks

I would love me some KMart, him + Dwight would be sick on P&R defense. Last year Kenyon played a ton of 5 and still did a beyond solid job. Word around the block is he wants more than the min, but I really don't see a team with money left wanting him. Cleveland will not want to take time from their young pup, so they are out.
    1. Pau has to play the 5 at times too... Some backups are going to be too big for Hill.

2. I see Jamison and Meeks playing together at the 2 and 3... They'll be the
    key shot takers in that second lineup....

3. I like your idea of Martin being used as a 5 from time to time... I do
    think we need some more depth at the C though......

Quote Originally Posted by kobe080
    Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
    Kobe/Meeks/Goudelock
    MWP/Ebanks
    Pau/Jamison/Clark
    Howard/Hill

We got 14 players. Maybe sign DJO or Sacre and we'll round out the full roster.

I have this feeling we probably won't sign our two 2nd rd picks tho.
    Maybe Morris too? (thinking we need another big and want to start with 14)

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Can Oden even make it from the locker room onto the court

I'd be happy with Bird man or Kenyon
    Perhaps if he was carried on the court with a stretcher, with armed body guards surrounding him.

I'd be fine with Birdman or Kenyon too. To me, when you get either of those guys, you get the same exact player anyways. I like Martin because he's got this attitude where he has his teammates' backs...Him and Ron Ron would be a good "tough guy" duo.

Birdman just scares me lol.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by magicmanfan
    I want to juggle some players....

Nash/Blake/Duhon
    Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
    Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
    Pau/Hill/Clark
    Howard/?????/Sacre

Just one hole to fill.... Birdman would fit nicely!!!

Mitch, you are a genius!!!
    Nope. Brown likes stretch 4's and that is what jamison is gonna be. I say we need a third string sf to round out our roster. Trade goudelock and morris for a quality defensive minded sf (Maybe Terrence Williams from Sacramento). Sign Johnson-Odom and Sacre. Dream Team.
    Last edited by kkinchen; 08-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Austin Daye;
    http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/08...r-austin-daye/

This article is from August 2011 NOT this year, he proceeded to have his worst season and is known to be as big a "Summer League Star, Real Season Bust" as Adam Morrison.

Last season .322% shooting .210% 3pt

Despite the mostly complimentary article he is doing nothing but getting worse in games that count.
    How about Terrence Williams from Sacramento then?

Nope. Brown likes stretch 4's and that is what jamison is gonna be. I say we need a third string sf to round out our roster. Trade goudelock and morris for a quality defensive minded sf (Maybe Terrence Williams from Sacramento). Sign Johnson-Odom and Sacre. Dream Team.
    Terrance Williams = He's not as good as Metta or Ebanks...don't need him at all. If we trade Goudelock it better be for a guy who can REALLY play.

I still believe in this. One day...

Chris Duhon only has 1.5 of his 3.5 million salary guaranteed for next year. Unless he balls his tail off, he is gone by trade to a team wanting to shed salary (probably unlikely since LA might want to be a team trying to shed salary) or he simply gets cut.

I actually want to see him play some defense against those guards who always torch the backcourt. Guys like Goatbrook, Tony Parker, CP3, Lawson, etc

if he can play a little defense in which those guys don't just fly by and get into the paint seemingly at will, I would be more than happy

Terrance Williams = He's not as good as Metta or Ebanks...don't need him at all. If we trade Goudelock it better be for a guy who can REALLY play.

I think you're sleeping on T Will. And what is the obsession with Goudelock? He was garbage in the summer league. If he was a quality player he should have been dropping 20 a night with ease on those scrubs. He's a scrub.

Check out my boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5b0...eature=related
    Last edited by kkinchen; 08-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I think you're sleeping on T Will. And what is the obsession with Goudelock? He was garbage in the summer league. If he was a quality player he should have been dropping 20 a night with ease on those scrubs. He's a scrub.

Check out my boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5b0...eature=related
    It's called SUMMER LEAGUE, if you are already an NBA player with a spot on the team you just go there to get in shape or work on a few things.....get a freaking clue dude

In case you missed it he did great during the REAL SEASON which is the only thing that matters. I LMAO a couple years ago when guys got all excited because Adam Morrison lit it up in Summer League, I told those guys it didn't mean crap and that IMO he just doesn't move like an NBA player....too stiff, too slow, poor release, slow instincts.......100% correct.

If I had a dollar for every summer league superstar who was an NBA bust, I could buy the New Orleans Hornets

What, do you watch warm-ups before an NBA game and think Kobe has lost his skills because he misses a few shots

If T-Will isn't better than Metta or Ebanks then we have no use for him at all.

It's called SUMMER LEAGUE, if you are already an NBA player with a spot on the team you just go there to get in shape or work on a few things.....get a freaking clue dude

In case you missed it he did great during the REAL SEASON which is the only thing that matters. I LMAO a couple years ago when guys got all excited because Adam Morrison lit it up in Summer League, I told those guys it didn't mean crap and that IMO he just doesn't move like an NBA player....too stiff, too slow, poor release, slow instincts.......100% correct.

If I had a dollar for every summer league superstar who was an NBA bust, I could buy the New Orleans Hornets

What, do you watch warm-ups before an NBA game and think Kobe has lost his skills because he misses a few shots

If T-Will isn't better than Metta or Ebanks then we have no use for him at all.
    I normally respect your opinion but you are just flat out wrong on this one. This guy has the toughness of Metta and his athleticism compares to Iguodala. Coach him up and he will be a nice replacement for Metta presumably when he moves on in 2014.

As for the summer league stuff, it does matter. Morrison played well in summer league because the level of competition is more comparable to college level players. If Goudelock couldn't at least play at the same level as Morrison in summer league, we should be really concerned. Face it bro. The dude is a scrub. We don't need his 4.4 points per game on 39% shooting. SCRUB.
    Last edited by kkinchen; 08-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.