Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Damn you lucky! I got Pippen on my first try but I want MJ. Kinda hesitant to open another bulls pack though.

I got Jerry West, Sam Jones, Detlef Schrempf, Pippen, and Wilt as my starting 5

I played a dude that had MJ and dude was missing everything with him and losing the ball like crazy with MJ I didn't get to finish the game though cause my son hit the power button.

I'm get MJ before the packs expire.

Edit: Just got MJ, Will purdue, Larry Johnson and Dr.J I think if you buy VC and use vc to buy the packs you got a better shot at getting good players. I could be wrong though. Might just be luck
    At least you have West. I really wanted him with those packs. I guess Wilt was a nice consolation prize but I wanted both :P I'm gonna buy some VC on Friday so I can open a bunch of packs and try and get Dr. J and Magic, or Pippen if I get one of those guys with MT points.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    At least you have West. I really wanted him with those packs. I guess Wilt was a nice consolation prize but I wanted both :P I'm gonna buy some VC on Friday so I can open a bunch of packs and try and get Dr. J and Magic, or Pippen if I get one of those guys with MT points.
    Wilt hasn't been good for me thought. He was getting worked by Hibbert last night. Dude put up 25 on me with him and Wilt had 4 fouls by the end of the half.

I kinda feel bad cause I waited til I got a decent team before during the RTTP and now people just talk shit cause my team is so much better. I'm in the 7th seed now. I really just wanted to run the the RTTP and not be frustrated with my bronze scrubs.

I'm loving my team though. I don't want any current players but I probably try and get all the collections done though.

But teams I'm gonna run with gonna be all historic players

Wilt hasn't been good for me thought. He was getting worked by Hibbert last night. Dude put up 25 on me with him and Wilt had 4 fouls by the end of the half.

I kinda feel bad cause I waited til I got a decent team before during the RTTP and now people just talk shit cause my team is so much better. I'm in the 7th seed now. I really just wanted to run the the RTTP and not be frustrated with my bronze scrubs.

I'm loving my team though. I don't want any current players but I probably try and get all the collections done though.

But teams I'm gonna run with gonna be all historic players
    Maybe you are just terrible with post defense?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Maybe you are just terrible with post defense?
    Idk. I let the cpu guard him a lot down there. I'm pretty decent on the park and mycareer in the post but I'm better at on-ball d though

Idk. I let the cpu guard him a lot down there. I'm pretty decent on the park and mycareer in the post but I'm better at on-ball d though
    Not sure if next gen has the option to have the CPU always contest, but that helps. Unless the people you are facing are the rare good post operators in lower levels. Some don't even know that post games exist.

Most people in lower seeds freak out in the post, resulting in giving up fouls or and 1s. I've made Trevor Booker look like McHale with the putrid post defense people play. Now I'm not going to brag because I do bite too often on up and unders, but it's not like I jump a second or two after the post man catches the ball.

Played a RTTP game and pretty happy about the outcome. I get matched up with someone who has Deron Williams as his SG, Mark Price for his PG, and Ty Lawson off the bench. I know this guy will abuse the 3 so I change my settings to play tight. As predicted, he abuses the 3s and does cheesy reach ins after I rebound. He doesn't go full on cheese though.

I test him by posting up with Aldridge. I back him down for an easy hook shot. He comes back with ridiculous 3s, even if they are deep. He still leads me by 2 or 3 points every trip. I keep handing it to Aldridge on offense and I abuse him every single time until he pauses the game to change defensive settings. Then I realized how to defend him.

After he finishes his defensive changes, I make mine to pressure his perimeter players hard and no hedging. David West comes in for Aldridge and I continue abusing the low post. He never uses his front court for offense, so I switch to my center every single defensive possession. Now shots for him are bricking and I box out to grab the rebound every time. He starts making mistakes, which lead to fast breaks with Pistol Pete or MKG attacking the rim. I pull ahead 30-22 and he rage quits in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Banned

Why did they take out the association 2 player mode??? Me and my brother used to play it all the time

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Why did they take out the association 2 player mode??? Me and my brother used to play it all the time
    Just FYI, me and my bro did to, on next gen it's still possible to do 2 player season. So yeah, it's a little different but its still ok.

I'm in the 6th seed of my team and I've only played like 7 games total. Everyone just pauses once the game starts to get those points. I don't even get why they do that. I got matched up with a guy who had MJ, Jerry West, LeBron and he still paused for those 3 Minutes. My best player is David West Rest are all bronze players

Opened some more silver packs could barely sell the players back for 1k vc each. That's soke bs.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I'm in the 6th seed of my team and I've only played like 7 games total. Everyone just pauses once the game starts to get those points. I don't even get why they do that. I got matched up with a guy who had MJ, Jerry West, LeBron and he still paused for those 3 Minutes. My best player is David West Rest are all bronze players
    I love it when they do this. Saves me time

Just won my last game into the 6th seed. As usual, it was someone who abused 3s and did almost nothing else on offense, but he made the mistake of playing full court press all game. It was hilarious just sprinting down the court and going in for an easy layup. I pulled away in the 3rd and didn't look back. At the very last possession, this guy hits a 3 when he's down by 15 and then he starts showboating by going into the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Just won my last game into the 6th seed. As usual, it was someone who abused 3s and did almost nothing else on offense, but he made the mistake of playing full court press all game. It was hilarious just sprinting down the court and going in for an easy layup. I pulled away in the 3rd and didn't look back. At the very last possession, this guy hits a 3 when he's down by 15 and then he starts showboating by going into the replay.
    So glad 2k14 on Xbox One doesn't have replays while playing online. Shit is annoying. Don't know about the PS4 though.

Banned

Got Dr. J Now I have MJ, Wilt and the Doctor but the rest of my team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    So glad 2k14 on Xbox One doesn't have replays while playing online. Shit is annoying. Don't know about the PS4 though.
    After the game, I did a bit of trash talking and he was like "I wasn't trying" . He'd probably do worse if he didn't cheese.