Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JP Prince

Good college starter

Default JP Prince

JP Prince of Tennessee is the lil brother of Tayshun Prince.

This dude plays just like Tayshun excpet the jumpshot needs work.

Dude is a 6'7-6'8 G/F.

Has anybody else seen this dude play?

What do y'all think of his game and what kind of player you think he can in the NBA?

Default Re: JP Prince

It's his cousin and he transferred to Tenn after he got a infection that forced him into a coma after having his wisdom teeth taken out. Talented player who can play multiple positions and has great length but doesnt look like much of a NBA prospect right now. Could improve his stock to 2nd rounder with a good Senior season.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I dont think he's great. The guy can't shoot freethrows but he's a solid sometimes exciting lefty if I recall. I dont think hes no 6'7 like they list him though

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    It's his cousin and he transferred to Tenn after he got a infection that forced him into a coma after having his wisdom teeth taken out. Talented player who can play multiple positions and has great length but doesnt look like much of a NBA prospect right now. Could improve his stock to 2nd rounder with a good Senior season.
    geezus! that's crazy.

Good college starter

His pros and cons

Strengths: Long and lean guard with explosive athletic capabilities ... Effortless leaper with tremendous hang time ... Blessed with the ability to seemingly suspend himself in mid-air ... Very clever around the basket, contorting his body and shooting efficiently from odd angles ... Despite slight frame, exhibits deceptive strength ... Finishes strong at the rim, finishing his junior season with 30 dunks ... Finishes well with his off (right) hand ... Was recruited as a lead guard out of High School (originally committed and played for Arizona) ... Displays PG skills in a 6'7 body ... Terrific penetrator, using his quickness and long strides to get into the lane and create shots for teammates (3 assists per game as a Junior) ... Led the SEC in assist to turnover ratio during conference games (2:1) last season ... Active on the boards (4 per game), using his quick leaping ability to overwhelm the opposition ... Disrupter on the defensive end, tallying 1.5 steals using his 6'11 wingspan to get into passing lanes and create points off turnovers ... Also uses his length to hound defenders and eliminate sight lines for shooters.

Weaknesses: Offensive game is still raw and quite limited at this juncture of his development ... Most of his points come off garbage baskets as a result of pure athleticism i.e. offensive boards and alley-oop dunks ... Shooting stroke needs monumental improvements ... Has a very awkward release point on his jump shot, and releases the ball with his palm ... His shot is really more of a 'throw'. Rarely gets a shooters bounce ... Shoots a career 16% from three point range and 52% from the free throw stripe ... Does not possess a mid-range game to speak of ... Despite his point guard background, ball handling still needs work ... Tries to be overly creative and fancy with the ball ... Has a tendency to dribble with his head down, failing to survey the court effectively ... Prone to commit offensive fouls as a result of over penetration ... Fragility is a concern- has undergone two shoulder surgeries in the past two seasons.

Tyler smith is the nba player on that team- I thought he should have been a top 20-25 prospect this last draft, what went wrong? Unless I'm missing something tyler smith is a real nba player coming- prince? Maybe

Good college starter

I've watched just about every Tennessee game and this guy can ball. His jumpshot and free throws need to improve but this dude can ball. He's kind of T-Mac the way he handles the ball in that Point Forward position. He will probably end of a 2nd round pick but he will be one of those guys that will surprise you. I could see this dude playing for the Clippers, Nuggets, Hawks, 76ers, Knicks, or Bulls.

Good college starter

Anybody know what happened to JP Prince since he didnt get drafted? This dude can help alot of teams out who need a Point Forward. This dude reminds me a bit of Shaun Livingtson. Any team that needs a PG especially one with his skill set and size are crazy for passing up on him. He might not have a great jumpshot, but he could attack the rim, pass the damn ball and defend.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Anybody know what happened to JP Prince since he didnt get drafted? This dude can help alot of teams out who need a Point Forward. This dude reminds me a bit of Shaun Livingtson. Any team that needs a PG especially one with his skill set and size are crazy for passing up on him. He might not have a great jumpshot, but he could attack the rim, pass the damn ball and defend.
    Last I've heard, he turned down an offer to play in Turkey with Devan Downey & Wayne Chism.

Downey & Chism got 6 figure contracts to play for Antalya, a Turkish team.

He must be looking to take the NBDL route. Thats a smart move for him. I agree with what you said, he definetly could find his way in the NBA as a NBDL call-up. 6'7 PG who can defend is a good thing to have.

Good college starter

If he goes to the D-League, The Clips, Hornets, Pistons, or Lakers should call him up.

I would actually like to see him with the Clips or Pistons.

If he goes to the D-League, The Clips, Hornets, Pistons, or Lakers should call him up.

I would actually like to see him with the Clips or Pistons.
    NBDL is a great opportunity. He has a NBA game IMO. Just needs to improve his shooting so he isn't a liability on offense at the 2.

Clips are a great fit.

All I know is, he shoots free throws from the elbow and looks like a retard. I think he is a poor man's Tayshaun.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    All I know is, he shoots free throws from the elbow and looks like a retard. I think he is a poor man's Tayshaun.
    They are related. The reason he shoots like taht is because he had surgery on his shoulder like 2 years ago. He can always improve on his overall shooting but this dude is a monster on the open court and he can attack that rim.

They are related. The reason he shoots like taht is because he had surgery on his shoulder like 2 years ago. He can always improve on his overall shooting but this dude is a monster on the open court and he can attack that rim.

No, I don't mean he uses his elbow to shoot free throws, I mean he shoots them FROM the elbow on the key (where the lane line and free throw line meet, the corner of the key). But I guess you can't argue with results, he IS like a 47% free throw shooter, so....

NBA Finals

i enjoy watching tennessee play basketball so i've seen him play some. i like the kid and i think he could be a solid Guard off the bench one day. i think he deserves a chance too.