Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-28-2006, 04:53 AM   #16
Zombles
Local High School Star

I don't think he'll rival his last two seasons, but he will be productive for two or three more seasons, though not as effective as he was. Which is why I thank the Gods for the Diaw and Banks pick-ups; together they can really take a lot of the ball-handling/passing responsibility off Steve Nash's shoulders.

We only have a really productive Steve Nash for at most 2 years, but the rest of this team is so young, and D'Antoni such a skilled coach, that I think with the right moves the Suns will be contenders even after Steve Nash no longer has a critical role on the team.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
I don't think he'll rival his last two seasons, but he will be productive for two or three more seasons, though not as effective as he was. Which is why I thank the Gods for the Diaw and Banks pick-ups; together they can really take a lot of the ball-handling/passing responsibility off Steve Nash's shoulders.

We only have a really productive Steve Nash for at most 2 years, but the rest of this team is so young, and D'Antoni such a skilled coach, that I think with the right moves the Suns will be contenders even after Steve Nash no longer has a critical role on the team.
Agreed.

The one thing I can see people saying this upcoming season, is that Nash isn't putting up the numbers he did last season, and thus will say his career is on the decline, but what most people will overlook is that last season, Nash had to put up those numbers for the team to be successful. With more support from Amare, Banks, Barbosa, & Diaw, a lot of the scoring burden will be taken off Nash. Nash's impact on the game goes much farther than numbers though. He can control tempo, make great decisions, steady the offense when he is in there, and be a leader. Those characteristics alone will help the team even when Nash goes on the decline, so to those that base their opinion or judge his value to his team based soley on numbers should really watch more Suns games.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

A healthy Suns team will bring down Nash's scoring but his assists should go back up. With Amare back and another year of Diaw, Bell, and Marion, Nash has a lot more scoring options to pass to. He very well could have 12 to 13 assists a game this up and coming season. His scoring will no doubt take a blow but he won't need to score for the Suns to be effective.

IMO Nash has a very good shot at taking home his third consecutive MVP throphy this season. His numbers will still be good and he will be a big part in the Suns very impressive record. A lot of people do not have him being close to winning it this year but I do.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #19
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
IMO Nash has a very good shot at taking home his third consecutive MVP throphy this season. His numbers will still be good and he will be a big part in the Suns very impressive record. A lot of people do not have him being close to winning it this year but I do.

agreed....and people say it was rigged? why in the hell would the NBA want a white, short (for the nba), guy that can't jump to forcibly win the award? over LeBron, over Nowitzki, over D.Wade,what good does that do them when most of the people that watch basketball aren't really white...and he won over KOBE....that makes no sense...
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:36 AM   #20
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
agreed....and people say it was rigged? why in the hell would the NBA want a white, short (for the nba), guy that can't jump to forcibly win the award? over LeBron, over Nowitzki, over D.Wade,what good does that do them when most of the people that watch basketball aren't really white...and he won over KOBE....that makes no sense...

Agreed. That's why it was rigged,he won over Kobe.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #21
Amare32
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Agreed. That's why it was rigged,he won over Kobe.

Kobe didn't deserve to win the MVP, no guy who leads his team to just the 7th seed even really deserves to be mentioned.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amare32
Kobe didn't deserve to win the MVP, no guy who leads his team to just the 7th seed even really deserves to be mentioned.

Co-sign.

You can scream this till your blue in the face, but a true groupie(like Kobe24) will never be able to quit Kobe.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #23
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

CO-SIGN!!!!!
Kobe could be dead and laker fans would say he was the MVP
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 AM   #24
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
CO-SIGN!!!!!
Kobe could be dead and laker fans would say he was the MVP

co-sign...they'd say that the NBA made up the fact that he was dead cuz steve nash is white...
Old 08-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #25
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default dont take this too seriously i just have messed up humor

"THIS JUST IN!!!!! BEFORE THE 2006-07 NBA SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED A HORRIBLE AND TRAGIC EVENT HAS TAKEN PLACE, KOBE BRYANT OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS HAS BEEN MURDERED AND THE MAIN SUSPECT IS NONE OTHER THAN COMMISSIONER DAVID STERN OF THE NBA!!!! DEFENSE ATTORNEYS SAY THAT AFTER A SCRUTINIZING INVESTIGATION THEY HAVE FOUND THAT AFTER RIGGING THE PREVIOUS SEASONS' MVP VOTING THE COMISSIONER AND STAFF HAD NO OTHER WAY TO RIG IT AGAIN AND WERE FORCED TO JUST KILL NUMBER 24!!!!!!"

8 months later.......

"IN WHAT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING AND CLOSE MVP RACES IN NBA HISTORY, KOBE BRYANT HAS BEEN NAMED THE 2006-07 LEAGUE MVP!!!!!!!"
Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 AM   #26
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star

um, everyone gets older. so steve nash getting older is a pretty strong argument

but cassell is pretty old and he's still good. although not nearly as "clutch" nash is a better shooter and passer than cassell.
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 AM   #27
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
"THIS JUST IN!!!!! BEFORE THE 2006-07 NBA SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED A HORRIBLE AND TRAGIC EVENT HAS TAKEN PLACE, KOBE BRYANT OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS HAS BEEN MURDERED AND THE MAIN SUSPECT IS NONE OTHER THAN COMMISSIONER DAVID STERN OF THE NBA!!!! DEFENSE ATTORNEYS SAY THAT AFTER A SCRUTINIZING INVESTIGATION THEY HAVE FOUND THAT AFTER RIGGING THE PREVIOUS SEASONS' MVP VOTING THE COMISSIONER AND STAFF HAD NO OTHER WAY TO RIG IT AGAIN AND WERE FORCED TO JUST KILL NUMBER 24!!!!!!"

8 months later.......

"IN WHAT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING AND CLOSE MVP RACES IN NBA HISTORY, KOBE BRYANT HAS BEEN NAMED THE 2006-07 LEAGUE MVP!!!!!!!"
Looks like a horrible essay done by a 4th grader.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM   #28
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Looks like a horrible essay done by a 4th grader.

you sound like a horrible poster who is a fourth grader...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #29
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

oh come on even tho we hate you laker fans and you hate us that was a funny post, i bet some laker fans laughed at that
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: