Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #16
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Anyways, here are my thoughts on how the Lakers improved nearly every weakness.

Pretty fair and unbiased analysis.

I'm a bit worried about perimeter defense, but Nash's issues on the defensive end have been overrated in the past. He is pushing 40, though, so we'll see.

I'm interested in seeing how the Lakers deal with small ball, especially against Miami. Bosh at the 5 with Lebron at the 4 was how they beat OKC, but Perkins isn't exactly Dwight on defense.

All in all, it should be a very interesting year. It will be considered a huge underachievement if the Lakers don't clear 60 games and at least get to the Finals.
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Anyways, here are my thoughts on how the Lakers improved nearly every weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
He's better than Drew in that area.

Hmmm......Bynum 1.2 assists/1.56 turnovers

Dwight Howard 1.5 assists/3.11 turnovers

These are their career averages per game......Let's be honest here!!!!!
To say Howard is better is very ill informed or a blatant lie.

I'm a die hard Lakers fan, have been since 1960, I would love for my team to be perfect....but I'm not stupid, not a shameless homer and not a liar

Let's not confuse either one of them with Vlade Divac or Arvydas Sabonis
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #18
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Hmmm......Bynum 1.2 assists/1.56 turnovers

Dwight Howard 1.5 assists/3.11 turnovers

These are their career averages per game......Let's be honest here!!!!!
To say Howard is better is very ill informed or a blatant lie.

I'm a die hard Lakers fan, have been since 1960, I would love for my team to be perfect....but I'm not stupid, not a shameless homer and not a liar

Let's not confuse either one of them with Vlade Divac or Arvydas Sabonis
lol true, Howard isn't a great passer either but let's not forget he was the focal point of the Magic offense. On the Lakers he'll be playing with Kobe, Nash, and Pau which will take some of the attention off him. Hopefully that'll cut down on his turnovers...but you're right he is a turnover machine too.

Also Bynum did average 2.5 last year which was his break out year where teams really had to pay attention to him.
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #19
Pacers4ever
Banned

Good thing players don't decline every year
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #20
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

they improved a lot (obviously) but did they find someone to cover the westbrooks, lawsons of the world? they had all kinds of trouble with them 2 in the playoffs last year. i guess it will reduce the # of times speedy PGs will come down the lane with dwight there, but this is the age of making pull-up jumpers too.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #21
stolper
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
they improved a lot (obviously) but did they find someone to cover the westbrooks, lawsons of the world? they had all kinds of trouble with them 2 in the playoffs last year. i guess it will reduce the # of times speedy PGs will come down the lane with dwight there, but this is the age of making pull-up jumpers too.

This is once again a misplaced criticism. No they did not find anybody to stop Westbrook/Lawson, but that is mainly because such a player does not exist in the world. How you guard them is with team defense, which Dwight is an improvement on. It's not like Mario Chalmers was shutting down Westbrook in the Finals.
stolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolper
It's not like Mario Chalmers was shutting down Westbrook in the Finals.
that was exactly Miami's game plan. to let Westbrook do all the shooting, limit KD, and contain Harden.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
Good thing players don't decline every year
Made Red.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
4. This isn't a guaranteed thing, but hopefully with Dwight here he wont clog the lane as much making it so Pau can play down in the post more and hopefully opening up the lane a little more for drives. Also, any combination of a pick and roll involving Nash, Kobe, Dwight, Pau will be way too awesome. Pau can even be a p&r ball handler with Dwight as he did much last season with Bynum.

agreed on everything but this

the reason bynum clogged the lane was because he has no range, replacing him with dwight doesnt really help in this department
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
U also have to include that no one on the Lakers last year was willing to take a charge. So teams weren't afraid to put their head down and dive towards the rim. Now, that Nash is part of the team, u know he is willing to put his body on the line that would make people think twice. Also, we need to some how get Metta on board with taking charges. That SF spot is very important for the defense. If he is willing to take charges Lakers can be very hard to beat.

Pretty sure no one is thinking twice about Nash on defense.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: