Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Shaq to his Hometown?

Quote:
Jarvis Hayes recently joined a panel of fans and writers that discussed where the top free agents might surface next season. Hayes is a free agent himself but has expressed interest in returning to the Nets. In his comments, he believes LeBron James is most likely headed for "New York" but (diplomatically?) doesn't specify Knicks or Nets; followed by the Bulls and Cavaliers.

For the most part, Hayes thinks the top free agents stay where they are, although he believes Chris Bosh might follow LeBron and Carlos Boozer will join Dwyane Wade in Miami. As for Shaquille O'Neal, Hayes thinks the best landing spot for the 38-year-old would be his hometown. "I think that there is a very realistic chance that Shaq goes home and helps further the development of Brook Lopez in New Jersey, where he will be the best backup center in the league on a very competitive team."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/5/27/1...-lebron-to-new

Who knows?
Maybe shaq qould retire at the end of the year and become an assistant coach?
I also like Shaq for his size. Not just his shotblocking D, but for his ability to change shots.He brings more size to the bench. Better than Boone of Hump being a center. Let Hump be a PF.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Shaq to his Hometown?

I guess why not, though if Mike Brown is seriously being considered as coach I doubt Shaq signs.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

I don't want Mike Brown or Shaq to be honest.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

I would like shaq just to help out lopez and possibly favors if we get him. As a mentor, i think he would be great and coming off the bench as a role player.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
Claude9
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Claude9 has an OK reputation so far

Since Shaq is inclined to return home, does this mean Shaq is willing to take a paycut?
Claude9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

don't want shaq. will cause commotion when we aren't winning and demand more playing time.
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Shaq is worthless. Regardless of how big he is and that he won 4 titles, he is just plain worthless. Every team he's been on, he's had something negative to say about the key player(s). In addition, he destroyed locker room harmony every where he went by creating clicks and imposing his "i won 4 championships, what have you done?" attitude.

This team needs some veteran presence in the locker room, but not his presence. If the Nets entertain the idea, a lot of people will be fired by the following season.

Cancerous players are ignored as being cancers early in their careers because they are monsters at something. As the years go on and they aren't as dominant, it shows more and he definitely is a cancer. Go to the Knicks and not the Nets please.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea... mostly agree with the above. shaq is a great player and an iconic center, but as a basketball purist, i'm disappointed that he didn't get more out of his enormous natural skillset. shaq settled early on for an inside power game, neglecting certain important areas that would have made him a lot more valuable in his old age. for this reason, i have no interest in him being on the nets.

OTOH, shaq wasn't the reason the cavs lost IMO. because true to his word, he did raise his game when it counted, even as lebron and the others were falling apart.

btw, that's "cliques."
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: