Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #76
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best and worst NBA commentator teams

From the one time I've heard a full game (tonight), Washington announcers Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier seem to do a very good job. I do not like obnoxious and I do not care for blind homerism (to the point where the opposing team is constantly degraded). These guys did none of that. They just called a solid game altogether.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #77
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Marv Albert needs to go away.
He's a legend. He doesn't have to go anywhere.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #78
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino. Always unbiased, and some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #79
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Hubie was at his best in the late '80s/early '90s. Nowadays he just rambles on while reading off a guy's stats while saying "come on!" a lot. Every once in awhile he'll have a good moment of analysis though.

I wish Bill Walton was still announcing national games. He's what people want Barkley to be. Thank god for the Not Bill Walton twitter.

Breen is only tolerable if JVG is there to kick sand in his face. He's the worst at hiding his bias for which team he wants to win.

Burke would be better if she stopped trying to sound hip and dropped the random ghetto slang. There's something about her voice or the way she emphasizes certain words that doesn't sit well, can't quite put my finger on it.

Reggie Miller used to be so bad he's good but he's too refined now and he's just sorta bad. I think he was at his funniest when he was just starting and still had the full blown Kermit the frog voice and he didn't know what he was doing. I still remember the '08 playoffs Nuggets vs. Lakers when he was trying to sound dramatic and yelling for the commercial outro and his partner
was like "Reggie, you OK?" Can't find a youtube clip though.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #80
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Breen drinking game:

Take a drink when he says...

Won't go!
It's good!
Bang!
_________ banks it in!
What a move by ______________

You'll be in a coma by the end of the first quarter. He probably says "won't go!" like 40 times a game.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #81
bih
Kids at the park dunk on me

bih has an OK reputation so far

Armstrong Raptors commentator.

its always Raps stuck ___

goes off on random singing moments

x player has the rock

bring it down big man
bih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #82
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rice
Thank you to all those who put the Blazers at the very top of your best commentator lists.

Me and my partner, Mike Barrett, do our best to provide you with great analysis for our great Blazer basketball games.
I love me some Mike and Rice
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #83
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Chris Webber and Kevin Harlan
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #84
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

As much as I hate the Lakers, their commentators are really good. Good knowledge and understanding of the game, and fair calling of the games.

Amongst the worst are the Heat announcers. They're as shamelessly biased and removed from reality as Heat stans on the internet.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #85
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Warriors announcers are underrated. Bob Fitzgerald to be specific who's the play by play guy who also did the announcing for USA basketball on NBC Sports Network.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #86
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Warriors announcers are underrated. Bob Fitzgerald to be specific who's the play by play guy who also did the announcing for USA basketball on NBC Sports Network.
I agree. I really like that announcing team as well. Fitzgerald actually used to do the commentary for NBA 2K.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: