Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: There's no way the Celtics are gonna be 27th

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Jeff Green is a guy I find a little frustrating. If he had the mentality of a true scorer like Paul Pierce I could see him being that 20+ scorer, he has the skills and athletic ability. But he doesn't have the mentality of someone that takes over games.
    Agree completely. That Heat game where he went off driving on them like 15times for dunks or making plays is the Jeff green I think Ainge thought he was gonna get. A guy who has really good athleticism and decent enough handles and skills to be able to be a number 1 type scorer, or atleast a quality number 2, that could also make plays for other players.

Another thing about Green that bugs me is his allergic reaction he seems to have that prevents him from using his size and athletic advantages to try and go after rebounds. He only gets like 3 or 4 a game when he should be 5 or 6 and maybe even 7.

I'm also disappointed with his defense a little too. Right now hes only average on D but he should be borderline elite with his physical tools

I think Ainge traded for Green at first to try and play the posey role off the bench and he hoped by now with grooming and long post series runs he would have turned into a 20ish ppg scorer who would also throw up 5 apg and 6 rpg with very good defense.
    Last edited by Rizko; 10-17-2014 at 05:59 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I've unfortunately watched a few Celtics preseason games and all Sully really does is shoot 3s. Which I don't understand because he can play in the post. Yeah, he's a bit undersized. So is Milsap and ZBo. If he turns into Frye then I see no value in him whatsoever, unless the guy is knocking them down at 45%+.

I thought Zeller and KO have looked good. Smart as well, as long as he isn't shooting 3pters.

The team needs shooters (or Stevens needs to change his gameplan up) and probably a long, defensive, center. The main I problem I've noticed is that the players don't fit. KO/Sully gives not so much defensively and they both play outside. Rondo/Smart both can't shoot. Turner is just a really weird fit on any team, imo, and not sure what's up with Green. Can James Young play the 3?

National High School Star

Can you name the teams the Celts are definitely better than?

I think the Cs have a good team. They have a lot more talent than I thought. Still they're not a playoff team, but I don't think they are a bottom feeder and I'm sure they'll get some big wins.

35 wins in the east might be 8th seed.

-Smak

the celtics are currently standing at 23-33 and making a push for the 8th seed.

6 teams are fighting for the 7-8th spots: miami, indiana, hornets, celtics, nets and pistons

Banned

Eastern conference: Where being 10 games under .500 is a cause for celebrattion.