Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Top 10 Power Forwards In NBA History as of 2011, Fox Sports

I can't take Dirk over KG career-wise, sorry. The gap in their defensive ability in favor of KG, is smaller than the gap in their offensive ability, in favor of Dirk. Career accolades are basically a wash, but I gotta go with Garnett in terms of total impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I can't take Dirk over KG career-wise, sorry. The gap in their defensive ability in favor of KG, is smaller than the gap in their offensive ability, in favor of Dirk. Career accolades are basically a wash, but I gotta go with Garnett in terms of total impact.
    Agreed.

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Agreed.
    Then you'd both be wrong.

KG is a great 2nd fiddle. . . that's what seperates the two. You can't give KG the ball in the clutch and expect him to do anything more than shoot a fade off the post. . . . Dirk can take it to the hole, and he ain't scerd!!

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by greensborohill

KG is a great 2nd fiddle. . . that's what seperates the two. You can't give KG the ball in the clutch and expect him to do anything more than shoot a fade off the post. . . . Dirk can take it to the hole, and he ain't scerd!!

For all of Dirk's skills Being a big time clutch player isnt one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    For all of Dirk's skills Being a big time clutch player isnt one of them.
    I don't know if I should or , but one things for sure . . . . you are either blind, live under a rock or are a stupid MFer

I'm tired of this "KG was a 2nd fiddle" nonsense by the ****ing Dirk stans. From 1999-2000 to 2006-07, KG's scoring averages were as follows:

In the same time period Dirks scoring averages were:

Dirk is obviously a better scorer but people are acting like the gap was massive which is bullshit.

Where Amare be at?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm tired of this "KG was a 2nd fiddle" nonsense by the ****ing Dirk stans. From 1999-2000 to 2006-07, KG's scoring averages were as follows:

In the same time period Dirks scoring averages were:

Dirk is obviously a better scorer but people are acting like the gap was massive which is bullshit.
    KG couldn't even drag those teams to the playoffs. Why are you even trying to argue. Besides, does KG even have a Finals MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Where Amare be at?

Top 10 alltime?

He might be top 20 all-time.

KG couldn't even drag those teams to the playoffs. Why are you even trying to argue. Besides, does KG even have a Finals MVP?
    Does Dirk have a DPOY? Hell, does Dirk have even a single all-defense 2nd team?

How the hell can we both be wrong, when we're offering subjective opinions? What makes you believe your opinion to be right?

I value players who are proficient at both ends of the court. I value all-around excellence, and for that reason alone KG ranks higher on my list. You can pick the bones out of stats and achievement all you want, it comes down to what you value more. KG may have been more deferential than Dirk, but he certainly had 1st fiddle talent, if not the mentality. Still as an all-around force, KG is the more complete player and if they retired today, I imagine KG would be higher on many people's all-time list. Hell in the mid 90's, KG was a genuine candidate for best player in the league and that was when you had Shaq, Duncan, and Kobe all in their heyday. Dirk's never seriously been a candidate for best player in the league, and that's including the year he won MVP.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-07-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Dirk wouldn't have dragged those sorry ass mid-late 90's Twolves anywhere either. Hell, the one season KG had decent talent around him ( Sprewell and Cassell) he went to the WCF and won MVP.

Has Dirk ever won a defensive player of the year award? We can do that all day. No-one would rank Dirk's career higher than KG except for the fact that Dirk won a ring this year. That now makes the comparison and debate valid, but KG in his prime was still a more dominant all-around force.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    How the hell can we both be wrong, when we're offering an subjective opinion? What makes you believe your opinion to be right?
    I value players who are proficient at both ends of the court. I value all-around excellence, and for that reason alone KG ranks higher on my list. You can pick the bones out of stats and achievement all you want, it comes down to what you value more. KG may have been more deferential that Dirk, but he certainly had 1st fiddle talent, if not the mentality. Still as an all-around force, KG is the more complete player and if they retired today, I imagine KG would be higher on many people's all-time list.
    Let's just say I like my star player to be able to take over at the end of games. What good is a star if you have yo find someone else to carry you in the 4th? Same reason I think LBJ is WAAAAAAY overated.

College superstar

I'm sorry.

If given the #2 choice in a pool of all the PF's in NBA history, I'm picking KG.

I realize that Barkley might be a better scorer, damn near unstoppable sometimes, but KG's all around game gives him the edge over anyone other PF not named Duncan.

KG will be a defensive anchor for your team while putting up solid stats all around. I'm talking ALL around.

I mean, we're talking about a guy who put up 23/13/6 on 50% and being like a one-man zone defense at times. The dude is an incredible talent.

If he had an actual team during his time in Minny, I guarantee KG would be #2 on more people's lists.

Let's just say I like my star player to be able to take over at the end of games. What good is a star if you have yo find someone else to carry you in the 4th? Same reason I think LBJ is WAAAAAAY overated.
    You're an idiot if you think LeBron can't "take over in the 4th". One series where he sucked in the fourth quarter doesn't erase him being the best 4th quarter performer for years and destroying the Celtics and Bulls in the fourth quarters in two series prior to the finals. ****ing sheep.