Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bus Driver gets spit on, Beats spitter, than gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    exactly.. security is paid to remove the guy & even kick the guy's ass if they need to.. the driver is paid to drive the bus

these jobs can be stressful, and sometimes people need to remember what their jobs are & just let others handle the jobs they are paid to do

This guy gets it.

To people asking, the point is the bus driver shouldn't have let the situation escalate to getting spit on in the first place, he shoulda just hit up security. If you say it's unfair, think about it this way - the driver something to lose (his job) and the hungover dude had nothing to lose.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This guy gets it.

To people asking, the point is the bus driver shouldn't have let the situation escalate to getting spit on in the first place, he shoulda just hit up security. If you say it's unfair, think about it this way - the driver something to lose (his job) and the hungover dude had nothing to lose.

Except a few teeth.

I'd take my chances with Floyd Mayweather

rank sentamentalist

exactly.. security is paid to remove the guy & even kick the guy's ass if they need to.. the driver is paid to drive the bus
    think about it from the driver's perspective

he wants his break. this asswipe won't let him take it. who knows where he is. maybe its a busy terminal or maybe he's at some waystation in the middle of nowhere. security is going to take time to get there, again who knows how long. this is a public transit system. 10 minutes? 15? that right there is the whole break! and he's certainly not going to get that "break time" back on good faith from his bosses, he's got another bus route to cover. aaaaand so he doesn't get his break lol

a spit in the face is sorta the ultimate non-violent insult though. there's a reason you mostly only hear it these days as a metaphor. i wonder if i'd go as bonkers as this guy did... certainly not on the job, in that case you gotta suck it up and think about tomorrow. but everyday circumstance? yea i'd probably flip, at least i hope i would.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

he wants his break. this asswipe won't let him take it. who knows where he is. maybe its a busy terminal or maybe he's at some waystation in the middle of nowhere. security is going to take time to get there, again who knows how long. this is a public transit system. 10 minutes? 15? that right there is the whole break! and he's certainly not going to get that "break time" back on good faith from his bosses, he's got another bus route to cover. aaaaand so he doesn't get his break lol
    He's got all the break he needs now.. a permanent break

I understand your point and I also sympathize with the driver to a degree.. But I also understand that workers need to maintain a sense of perspective..

What job can a worker whoop a customer's ass and not get fired? there aren't many jobs .. I cant think of any

you just need to put your ego aside (and your yearning for break time) and follow the proper protocol when on the job.. We say it about athletes all the time on this board, but it goes for regular workers too.. Be a professional... Like Jalen Rose says on his podcast... "Don't get fired"

in the face is sorta the ultimate non-violent insult though. there's a reason you mostly only hear it these days as a metaphor. i wonder if i'd go as bonkers as this guy did... certainly not on the job, in that case you gotta suck it up and think about tomorrow. but everyday circumstance? yea i'd probably flip, at least i hope i would.
    a spit in the face is worse than a punch in the face IMO... its non-violent, but twice as disrespectful.. It makes you snap on instinct..

you don't even spit on a dog.. to walk by and casually spit in a guy's face? WAR!!!!

but that is all the more reason why the driver needs to be a professional from the start..

Don't create a situation where you wind up f*cking up the customers.. you have everything to lose ultimately

rank sentamentalist

Like Jalen Rose says on his podcast... "Don't get fired"
    mr busdriver aint gettin no mo checks

yea of course he should get fired. were it a shove, even a single punch throw out of instinct... maybe i'd agree. i was primarily responding to the "call security" response which might not be as obvious as people think, again from the drivers perspective.

still though... maybe his reaction is what makes mr busdriver the principled man and us just a couple saps pretending at it. he responds instinctively to what we both agree is about the vilest most degrading act you can perpetrate on another by going savage mode. rightfully so. whereas we say, but what he SHOULD... even better, what I WOULD have done is shut up and smile and keep working.

supposedly our livelihood, our literal means of survival, is provided by our superiors for whatever we happen to do between 9 and 5. or so the system maintains. and that's how we're supposed to believe it works. lose the job, lose the bread.

and yet this bus driver, if he's dedicated and determined and maybe if he stays just bitter enough as a result of these rather unfortunate recent events, may well find a job he likes just as well, maybe even one that pays as well. and even if it pays less, he'll look back on this life changing incident where more people saw his face than the whole rest of his life combined... and he'll probably feel pretty good about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

he wants his break.
    Well, he got his break now.

There wasn't even a threat of calling security/cops. That should have been done before going off, and if the guy doesn't then you make the call. Anybody who has worked with people have been screwed out of a break. No reason to go berserk because of it.

Both were way way WAY in the wrong. There is no person in the right here.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Damn that was a badass wuppin.

I have zero problem with the driver doing it, however the company does have to fire him because you simply can't risk having him act that way in a situation where he might misunderstand what is going on and attack the wrong person or do something like that without legitimate justification.

Basically you have to fire him as a future preventative measure, not as a punishment for this specific incident.
    Using that logic companies should just fire all of their employees so that nothing can ever go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    This reminds me so much of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejfS2R8FoQ

holy shit

'you goin' to hell now' .. then baaaaam lol ..

lol@her saying you're going to jail now after getting her ass beat

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Lol how do you feel he shouldn't be fired? Spitting is a pretty big insult but he was wailing on the guy and dude wasn't even in a position to defend himself. Not only was that an overreaction but dude is right in front of a camera at work. Of course he's fired.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    i can't see the video but if someone is spits on you don't you have some right to self defense. Obviously when self defense comes into play it becomes tricky in determining exactly how much force is necessary.
    yeah, you can only spit back

Been too long since I've seen this.

Hit her with Fight Night Round 3 haymaker. Lol

Why was it too excessive? Lessons learned I think.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Well, he got his break now.

There wasn't even a threat of calling security/cops. That should have been done before going off, and if the guy doesn't then you make the call. Anybody who has worked with people have been screwed out of a break. No reason to go berserk because of it.

Both were way way WAY in the wrong. There is no person in the right here.
    my point is threatening to call security or police does nothing to solve his problem about which he would be threatening to call security or police. either way, he has to stay on the damn bus. nobody's giving golden moral stars to anybody here, just considering what probably ran through his head.

and do people really think moving buddy's stuff off the bus was such a bad move? i mean, it got the dude up. so it worked. after that, well everybody done ****ed up. but up to that point, i don't think he made any outlandish decisions here. he made the calls i'd like to think i'd make.... up to the point he goes bananas and wallops the asshole.

just ramblin here though lol, exceptional situations like these, who knows how you react