Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Warcraft: The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    You mean Thrall's dream and such? They are very few while most important stuff happens during cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    not sure if serious or have you not seen the cinematics they do for WoW.
    Have you ever played Warcraft I?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    You're not honestly of the mind that they're going to strive for the cinematic quality of a 21-year old game that was made on computers that could be outperformed by your average iPhone and on a budget of pizza and farts, are you? The current generation of Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft cinematic work Blizzard is coming up with is top-notch stuff...its silly to compare what they were capable of then with what they're cranking out now.

I can distinctly remember when the Warcraft movie was only just confirmed as happening...Sam Raimi hadn't even been attached to it yet. I was pretty heavy into my World of Warcraft addiction at the time and there was a solid chunk of the community that was of a mind that the quality of Blizzard's cinematics work was becoming such that an entire direct-to-DVD feature done completely in that style might turn out better than an Avatar/LoTR-inspired blend of live action and mo-cap.

Now if the stills of Ogrim Doomhammer are any indication, the mo-cap is coming along f*cking fantastically...so that argument might fall by the wayside soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    You're not honestly of the mind that they're going to strive for the cinematic quality of a 21-year old game that was made on computers that could be outperformed by your average iPhone and on a budget of pizza and farts, are you? The current generation of Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft cinematic work Blizzard is coming up with is top-notch stuff...its silly to compare what they were capable of then with what they're cranking out now.

I can distinctly remember when the Warcraft movie was only just confirmed as happening...Sam Raimi hadn't even been attached to it yet. I was pretty heavy into my World of Warcraft addiction at the time and there was a solid chunk of the community that was of a mind that the quality of Blizzard's cinematics work was becoming such that an entire direct-to-DVD feature done completely in that style might turn out better than an Avatar/LoTR-inspired blend of live action and mo-cap.

Now if the stills of Ogrim Doomhammer are any indication, the mo-cap is coming along f*cking fantastically...so that argument might fall by the wayside soon.
    That's exactly my point, I'm not going to pass on the movie because they had good cinematic scenes, which was the point of the post which I quoted initially.

yeah I have and?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

does this look like shitty graphics to you?

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    yeah I have and?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

does this look like shitty graphics to you?
    You don't have to link me shit, I played those games when they got out, THE GAME HAS SHITTY GRAPHICS. Cinematics =/= actual game graphics.

Banned

That's exactly my point, I'm not going to pass on the movie because they had good cinematic scenes, which was the point of the post which I quoted initially.
    No, you took it too literal. I didn't mean the Warcraft film will be comparable to 1994 MS-DOS graphics. I meant video game adaptions in general will look just like the games, but in real life, while in book adaptions, you don't get visuals, so watching them transferred to the big screen is a completely different experience.

Nonetheless, I have a lot of hype for this. Never played a Warcraft game, but this has a lot of potential.

Banned

Also, if that orc picture didn't impress you enough, there was a short tidbit from the film shown at Blizzcon and everyone who saw it came out very impressed. Heard it looked like Avatar and TLotR films combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    No, you took it too literal. I didn't mean the Warcraft film will be comparable to 1994 MS-DOS graphics. I meant video game adaptions in general will look just like the games, but in real life, while in book adaptions, you don't get visuals, so watching them transferred to the big screen is a completely different experience.

Nonetheless, I have a lot of hype for this. Never played a Warcraft game, but this has a lot of potential.
    Of course it's going to be amazing, because they are using today's crazy CGI, and Orgrim looks really good, I have been anticipating this movie since 06.

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    first pictures are out of Ogrim Doomhammer

great job maintaining the look of the games