Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

AP is 34

So Cavs add a 37 year old Shaq and a 34 year old Parker? helps them becoming better than this past season but hardly the answer for Lebron to stick around.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    So Cavs add a 37 year old Shaq and a 34 year old Parker? helps them becoming better than this past season but hardly the answer for Lebron to stick around.
    getting shaq was better than letting those 2 contracts expire for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    getting shaq was better than letting those 2 contracts expire for nothing
    I even said it was a good move, Cavs will be better this year but sadly for the Cavs this summer the moves Cavs have made havn't exactly given Lebron reason to be really confident about staying longterm.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I don't really understand this signing, I always thought Anthony Parker was pretty worthless. He was on my fantasy team two years ago, anyway.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I don't really understand this signing, I always thought Anthony Parker was pretty worthless. He was on my fantasy team two years ago, anyway.
    he's a good shooter, and he'll stretch the floor well for shaq. he's also a good defender.

we should've went after barnes though before settling for him, but at least we still have part of the MLE and the whole BAE left

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

he's a good shooter, and he'll stretch the floor well for shaq. he's also a good defender.

we should've went after barnes though before settling for him, but at least we still have part of the MLE and the whole BAE left
    Barnes would have been a failure

How much is the BAE? If you can guarantee it for 2 years why not go after Barnes?

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Barnes would have been a failure
    no he wouldnt have. He's basically a Trevor Ariza/James Posey type of player except he isnt on a contending team.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    How much is the BAE? If you can guarantee it for 2 years why not go after Barnes?
    around 2 million i think. IDK why we didnt get him. Maybe he didnt want to come here because lebron might leave, or maybe Ferry didnt want him all that much Dont really know.

Local High School Star

around 2 million i think. IDK why we didnt get him. Maybe he didnt want to come here because lebron might leave, or maybe Ferry didnt want him all that much Dont really know.
    Shaq + Parker + Frye

The big question? Could any of those players helped solve the problem(s) the Cavs faced against Orlando? If so...then the pickups are positive. Not one of these players was in uniform during the best season in franchise history. We added value and kept basically every player who produced this summer. More importantly...we kept in tact the plan for next summer. LeBron will be getting real help. Mark my word.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Parker has slowed down a bit since he first signed with the Raps so at times his D has suffered. However, he is a good role player and a bargain at 3M a year for a team trying to win it all. He understands the game, understands his role, takes good shots, doesn't really do anything stupid with the ball, he is calm under pressure, he is not a great defender and has slowed a bit but can guard most guys, he just has a probelm with quicker guys, he is a good shooter, can hit the three. I mean there is nothing spectacular about him, but he is solid and won't mess any chemistry up.

This is not a deal that is going to make a huge impact or change the dynamics of the team. It's just a role player and a decent one at that. They are getting a mature basketball player. Overall a good signing at that price for a team looking to add veterans to take a run at it all.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

no he wouldnt have. He's basically a Trevor Ariza/James Posey type of player except he isnt on a contending team.
    I agree, I'm hoping the Nugs snatch him before the Cavs

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I agree, I'm hoping the Nugs snatch him before the Cavs
    i think it's too late for the cavs to snatch him now. we already have Parker so we're probably not that interested in him and we only have around 2.8 mill to sign him as to where other teams still have the full mle (5.8 mill) to use on him. and with that 2.8 we'll probably sign a PF.

NBA Finals

This is the only thing i think of when i hear the name Anthony Parker

Anthony Parker: Game-Tying 3pter at the buzzer against Washington