Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Raptors fans, thoughts on Chris Bosh winning a ring with the Heat

Heat with a convincing win over the Thunder in Game 5, 121-106.

Bosh had 24 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal on 9-13 shooting overall, 1-1 from 3.

Good final performance.

Obviously, he was the former franchise player for the Raptors.

What are your feelings on him getting a ring ? Happy ? Angry ? Mixed in between ?

Just wanted to know what you guys thoughts on it.

Default Re: Raptors fans, thoughts on Chris Bosh winning a ring with the Heat

Congrats to him. He deserved to win one.
    He lives quite the life; he gets paid a good salary and has chances to win titles as the third option.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

proud to be the feeder team that produced that monsta

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I don't really care either way. I'm not bitter/angry nor am I thrilled for him. He produced with the Raptors and gave a good effort during his time here but he's no longer part of the team.

As a fan of basketball in general I'm kinda glad that Lebron won a title. He's clearly been the best overall player in the NBA for several years now but he was still getting criticized for not winning titles. Teams win titles, not players. This argument against Lebron won't fly anymore.

The only thing that irks me about the Heat is that, IMO, the 3 players colluded to get together. But whatever, Cleveland and Toronto didn't do enough to keep their stars and the Miami management laid the groundwork to bring them all together. Oh and Wade is kind of a dink with all his on-court acting.

I'm happy for Bosh. He's a cool guy and he deserved it. Definitely happy Lebron got his championship because you could tell how much it meant to him and being as great as he is takes a ton of hard work, work that he put in.

Serious playground baller Sekman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    But whatever, Cleveland and Toronto didn't do enough to keep their stars and the Miami management laid the groundwork to bring them all together.
    can't say about cleveland but definitely agree for toronto's mgmt.. poorly managing the team and i felt bad for Bosh..

glad that he's finally got one.. i still think that he can be a franchise player for any team if he wants to..

congrats bosh

Diaw Fan

I just think it's funny how the player who I used to feel was unguardable 1v1 turn into a role player on a different team.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I don't really care either way. I'm not bitter/angry nor am I thrilled for him. He produced with the Raptors and gave a good effort during his time here but he's no longer part of the team. As a fan of basketball in general I'm kinda glad that Lebron won a title. He's clearly been the best overall player in the NBA for several years now but he was still getting criticized for not winning titles. Teams win titles, not players. This argument against Lebron won't fly anymore.

The only thing that irks me about the Heat is that, IMO, the 3 players colluded to get together. But whatever, Cleveland and Toronto didn't do enough to keep their stars and the Miami management laid the groundwork to bring them all together. Oh and Wade is kind of a dink with all his on-court acting.

This.

I hate Lebron, but respect what he did on the court. There's no denying his performance, regardless of opinions on officiating. He seems as though he has matured, and that's why many couldn't stand him. The ring chasing is what it is, but so be it.

The issue is that it proves that players can scheme and dictate what they want to do to get to a ring. I'm hoping the league doesn't turn into a superteam top 5 while the rest of the league just sits back and watches.

Local High School Star

Dont think there is any hate in TO for Bosh.

Disappointment he wouldnt stick around. Wish as a legit star he would have. Desire to feel Toronto should be considered by NBA stars as a good destination once MLSE (owners of team) start commiting to franchise excellence (like the Lakers, Heat, Mavs, Spurs)

Good for Bosh. Congrats. Indifference.

At least its not comparable to when Vince Carter left.

Vince left and there was the famous interview that "he gave up" or didnt try. He hasd a lot of say in FAs aquired. He had a lot os say in direction of team. He had Managements ear. For a long time there was a lot of hate on Vince here... but that has passed with time.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

I have zero problems with Bosh. Glad he has a ring. He gave us some good years.

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

Seeing him play pretty damn clutch (especially those 4 threes against the Celtics) and put up some real solid performances made me less embarassed to have had him as our franchise guy for all those years. Heat don't win without him, that's for sure.

Still hate how the Heat went about putting the team together, but can't say I have any ill will for Bosh anymore. Good on him.

I usually hit open layups

He played hard for the Raptors and didn't quit on us like VC.
    He had a better opportunity to win a 'ship in MIA.
    Credit MIA's front office for putting this team together.
    Congrats to Chris.

Don't give a shit about Bosh anymore. Wasn't good enough to win a championship as the main cog of a team and he knew that. So he hopped on the freight train that is the Miami Heat to win as an upper eschalan role player.

As for the Miami Heat team itself, it disgusts me that they are the current NBA champions. Not just because of the foul discrepency (and there was one, big time) but because of how this team was put together. Pat Riley essentially bought a championship. And I feel confident in saying that a team like ours will likely never be able to do that. Not because of freeing up the cap space but because of the daunting task of trying to convince 2 superstars, an all star, and a veteran supporting cast with guys like Miller, Battier, Haslem, etc... to sign for low pay for the chance at the chip. Our only hope is to go the Thunder route but as we've just seen, that road is long and arduous. It requires the right blend of high level, high quality draft picks, the right veteran pieces to surround them with, and quite honestly, some luck that they gel together, reach their potential, and don't demand too much money.

But if you look at the last 3-4 teams that have won it all, they haven't won with that approach. Not the Celtics, Lakers, Mavs, and definitely not the Heat. So what hope does that really give a team like ours?

Good for him.

Banned

Bosh spoke politically nice enough when Paul Jones asked him during post-game conference, so I give him a pass. He would still be the first player to have his jersey retired if there was in my book.